CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading the postings about anti-social behavior and many others. I had a thought...........
I know someone on a very maternal level (not one of my biological children) that was diagnosed with RAD, reactive attachment disorder.
Part of this disorder is the inability to actually feel emotions for themself or others. I'm going from memory and most certainly can be wrong. If my memory serves me correctly, it is generally in children that had that failure to thrive type of childhood. They just can't show any empathy for anyone, not even themselves.

I'm not saying MR had or has that. I'm just questioning that with so many disorders in the world, I think that without proper evaluation we, as sleuthers, can't say one way or another if someone has any or all of them. Am I making sense? Point is that there are bits & pieces of any disorder that we can make fit, so how do we decide if there even is one? And do we even need to decide?

I appreciate all the knowledge because I really am confused on all of the different terminology, they all seem to fit and still none of them seem to fit.

Thanks to anyone that can clear my head on this :)

just jumping in here...I'm old & crotchety I guess, but I think today's society has too many titles/syndromes/disorders, etc and wayyyy too much medication is administered, and wayyyy too many excuses are provided for bad behavior.

I have been reading the postings about anti-social behavior and many others. I had a thought...........
I know someone on a very maternal level (not one of my biological children) that was diagnosed with RAD, reactive attachment disorder.
Part of this disorder is the inability to actually feel emotions for themself or others. I'm going from memory and most certainly can be wrong. If my memory serves me correctly, it is generally in children that had that failure to thrive type of childhood. They just can't show any empathy for anyone, not even themselves.

I'm not saying MR had or has that. I'm just questioning that with so many disorders in the world, I think that without proper evaluation we, as sleuthers, can't say one way or another if someone has any or all of them. Am I making sense? Point is that there are bits & pieces of any disorder that we can make fit, so how do we decide if there even is one? And do we even need to decide?

I appreciate all the knowledge because I really am confused on all of the different terminology, they all seem to fit and still none of them seem to fit.

Thanks to anyone that can clear my head on this :)

Of course you are right that we are not qualified to diagnose whether he has any disorder. I do see certain traits that seem to match up to antisocial personality disorder but I am in no way saying he has this. Perhaps I shouldn't have even shared that? Apologies.

In Friday's edition: Dr. Phil contacts Elaine and Cory Redwine about a followup piece on Dylan.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

Also from link:

After a week-long search on the Vallecito ice and around the lake and surrounding community, two cadavar dogs have possibly identified human remains in the water beneath the ice.

Wendy Kessinger of Special Operations Canine Detection of New Mexico conducted the searches with two dogs, Jetta and Saber, that are trained to identify bones and human remains.

The family and foundation are regrouping and deciding what to do with the information, she added. Not wanting to wait for the ice to thaw this spring, they are investigating the cost and logistics of bringing specially-trained divers to search the reservoir waters. Other cadaver dogs scented something in the reservoir in November, but a sonar search of part of the lake’s bottom did not reveal anything.

So I don't over quote: Mike & Katt were at search. What amazing support they are! Love the Sadie school program.

I wonder if TES has divers/those contacts so it's free??

Does anyone have the link for the dr phil show from yesterday ? Is that ustream the only one available? It's being a butthead . tia

I have no idea if any of those close to Dylan are experience financial difficulties or not. I certainly don't see anything around MR that would cause me to think he is in over his head. I know nothing about the rest of the family - have never seen anything about their style of living.

I have no idea if any of those close to Dylan are experience financial difficulties or not. I certainly don't see anything around MR that would cause me to think he is in over his head. I know nothing about the rest of the family - have never seen anything about their style of living.

Actually, I thought there was information that MR has a large lien against him for repairs after a fire? Does someone have a link?

Irt insurance policies, our sleuthing is limited to MR right now, per introductory posts at front of thread. (with good reason, IMO)

The issue of insurance policies came up in another case, so there's general info in the threads here somewhere. It's pretty common, and considered fiscally responsible, for parents to have some life insurance on children to cover funeral expenses, if a tragedy occurs. If it's excessively large, obtained close to the loss of a child, or accompanied by extreme financial issues, then it'd be of note, IMO.

Moo

With the dogs and the hits at the lake I feel it's one of three things.
1) there is a body down there and they can't get to it right now so they are down playing it
2) LE is too "small town" to understand exectly what the dogs are doing and what they are hitting on.
3) LE is upset someone else is coming in and going back over what they already did. Kinda like they didn't do a good enough job.

This all just my thoughts and opinions on it.

Actually, I thought there was information that MR has a large lien against him for repairs after a fire? Does someone have a link?

Found one of the posts about this.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8661007&postcount=101"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #19[/ame]

Did anyone find out if there were insurance policies on Dylan?

Some people always say follow the money. It seems as though no other leads have panned out for us.

In my business we use to sell life insurance, thankfully we don't and outsource it now. Insurance policies on children are rarely of any signifacant amount. The reason being that most parents, when discussing insurance, are absolutely insulted that you would even bring it up. Once they get over that initial insult, it is pretty much that they want one of two things. A policy that will pay for burial expenses and final expenses (about $25,000) or a universal or whole life policy that will guarantee the childs insurability for their lifetime without any underwriting (about $50,000)

Most companies that are reputable (A+ rating on AM Best) only offer maximum policies on children of about $25,000

Regardless, in this case, because I believe I see where the question is leading, Dylan is not deceased until a body is found or a court decides at a later time. Once a body is found, if he is the victim of homicide, it is not an immediate payout. The beneficiaries (the parents in most cases) would have to prove that they are not suspect in the COD. In this case, neither parent could prove that.

We've had to payout two children policies, one of them the child dropped right in front of the dad, it took MONTHS to get a death certificate in order to make the claim. The other, the child died in MX in a vehicle accident. In both cases, it was us that filed the claim on behalf of the parents because they just could not do it. Even though BOTH needed the money for burial and transportation expenses.

I highly doubt and this is IMO that a Gerber policy on Dylan would be sufficiant to cause a parent to harm their child. But, more has been done for less. IMO that's not a factor hear.

You is general, not specific

just jumping in here...I'm old & crotchety I guess, but I think today's society has too many titles/syndromes/disorders, etc and wayyyy too much medication is administered, and wayyyy too many excuses are provided for bad behavior.

I'm old, too. I explained to my daughter than I knew I was officially old when I realized that "everything used to be better." But I do agree that things can be over analyzed. Some people are just mean and hurt others. Maybe they have their reasons, but reasons aren't excuses. All MOO

You may be right. I was just going by the looks of the "cabin" and his attire.

I'd have to look it up again and re-watch it and may not have time to do that til tomorrow, but in my show notes I wrote down About 9:30 Dylan texted friends; after that another text was never sent "from his phone." I remember putting the "from his phone" in quotes because I thought it might answer this one lingering question we've all had.

I was trying to type super fast, listen, and process what was going on all at the same time so it's entirely possible I heard it wrong. If someone else wants to look for it tonight, thsi comment was on the first day, in the interview portion between Dr. Phil and Elaine with no one else on stage. It was pretty early in the interview I believe. I've written myself a note to look it up later tonight or early tomorrow if no one beats me to it.

For Link: Please see Page 1 of this thread - Media/Timeline - last page - there's a Full Transcript of both days.

Here's what I transcribed re: ER/Dr. Phil about the phone...

Dr. Phil:
He was texting. So right up ‘till 9:30 he’s texting and then just zip… zero… So he could have gone to sleep, right?

ER:
9:30 seems a little early for Dylan, but…ummm

Dr. Phil:
Okay, what time would he usually go to sleep?

ER:
Probably about 11, midnight, somewhere around there

Dr. Phil:
So 9:30 would be early.

ER:
9:30 would be early, and it’s definitely early for him to stop texting, especially when he was so excited to see his friends.

Dr. Phil:
His friends on that end?

ER:
Yes, his friends in the southwest.

Dr. Phil:
And was he texting them up until 9:30?

ER:
I believe the last text was about 9:30… somewhere around there.

Dr. Phil:
To those friends?

ER:
Yes.

Dr. Phil:
Okay, so he was in connection with them until 9:30. Not another text was ever sent from his phone?

ER:
Right.

the initial lien was $64,451.87 & then there was a foreclosure lien

With the dogs and the hits at the lake I feel it's one of three things.
1) there is a body down there and they can't get to it right now so they are down playing it
2) LE is too "small town" to understand exectly what the dogs are doing and what they are hitting on.
3) LE is upset someone else is coming in and going back over what they already did. Kinda like they didn't do a good enough job.

This all just my thoughts and opinions on it.

Been thinking there's a bit of Columbo to any downplaying too, maybe, so someone isn't too spooked. Just a thought.

Of course you are right that we are not qualified to diagnose whether he has any disorder. I do see certain traits that seem to match up to antisocial personality disorder but I am in no way saying he has this. Perhaps I shouldn't have even shared that? Apologies.

OMG please don't think that you should not have shared that!!!! I just don't understand it all and I am getting confused, I would change my name to confusion but it's already taken. :)

I don't know anyone's qualifications, I know mine are pretty much limited to NCIS, Criminal Minds, TruTV etc. so I do consider myself an expert in matters that have already been solved.

I am just asking for clarification because it seems that so many of them overlap each other. But how do you know (from our armchair) which is the most appropriate if any?

again, you is general, maybe I need to put that in my signature????

Psychic Sleuth - you could be right with your assessment of anti-social personality disorder...but I think my generation would simply tend to refer to him as a "bad seed." lol

OMG please don't think that you should not have shared that!!!! I just don't understand it all and I am getting confused, I would change my name to confusion but it's already taken. :)

I don't know anyone's qualifications, I know mine are pretty much limited to NCIS, Criminal Minds, TruTV etc. so I do consider myself an expert in matters that have already been solved.

I am just asking for clarification because it seems that so many of them overlap each other. But how do you know (from our armchair) which is the most appropriate if any?

again, you is general, maybe I need to put that in my signature????

AZ-even the professionals have a tough time agreeing on one condition or another condition! One thing I do know is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to accurately diagnose anyone, even in a clinical setting, if they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme