CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on tonight's posts.

The problem I see with MR disappearing Dylan and handing him off to someone else......is MR has come off as so unlikeable, who in their right mind with either have the loyalty to do something like this for MR, risking their own freedom, or MR would have to have a load of money to pay someone unscrupulous to take that type of a job of hiding a 13 year old kid and pretty much babysitting him to make sure he didn't get away. I just don't see it. Harly anyone has come forward on MR's behalf in any way, and those who have have come under ridicule so I don't see anyone liking him enough to be an accomplice to something illegal like this. IMO

MR has 2 ex-wives and at least one ex-girlfriend so I believe he doesn't always come off as a [fill in the blank with your favorite descriptive noun]

I think he just uses "we" sometimes when reffering to himself. He said it in several instances, and it was clear at least in some of those instances he was talking about himself.

Brought over from the other thread.

Perhaps it is because he thinks of himself as royalty. :nyah:

I agree with you totally. And if he is guilty there is something very wrong with him.

There is most certainly an "if he is guilty." I just wish, I could consider other possibilities any more. I envy those who can. In the beginning, there were multiple theories that seemed plausible. Unfortunately, my mind has settled on one theory, and it would take a breaking news story to shake it loose. Wish it was otherwise.

What I keep thinking about is a young boy on a rock going through hilarious motions of getting ready to dive into the water. All for the benefit of his friends. Happy, loved by family and friends, confident. With no thought of anything other than having a full life ahead of him.

If MR was involved. He betrayed that child. And that would make something very wrong with him.

I don't think it was this same house. I think that is another property that was given to him by ER in the divorce.

According to the La Plata County records, there is a lien on the Vallecito house. I did not see a lien listed on the Durango house.

http://eagleweb.laplata.co.us/assessor/taxweb/account.jsp?accountNum=R010855&doc=DOC555S334

I'm more interested in whether he called or went to the Sheriff's office in Durango at 6pm. Is there no recorded phone call from MR to 911 or to the Sheriff's office? Would they even record a call to the Sheriff's office? Or just to 911?

He walked into the town marshal's office in Bayfield. As far as I know, there was never a 911 call.

Hi guys, I just got in and got the message, so I'm a bit behind, but here to help. Ask away and I will answer what I can!

Hi guys, I just got in and got the message, so I'm a bit behind, but here to help. Ask away and I will answer what I can!

We are so confused. They keep going back to that same lake and different dogs keep hitting in the same location, under the ice. I will try to find the links for you. brb

SARX welcome back. We're just stumped, me anyway. The handlers searching said they dogs hit MANY times in one area on the east side of the lake. But LE has said basically it's nothing or maybe some brush. I hope someone has the link. I'm trying to figure out if LE is trying to discount the HITS or just doesn't believe them because their dogs didnt' find them in november or what the heck is going on.

SARX,

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=500
New clue surfaces in search for Dylan Redwine
After more than three months of disappointment and dead ends, a new clue has surfaced in the search for missing Colorado teen Dylan Redwine.

It came from the East Mountain search-and-rescue group KOB Eyewitness News 4 introduced to the Redwine family.

It's nothing but ice, snow and sub-zero temperatures at Vallecito Lake - but K-9 Forensics says they are making some headway.

ETA;; THE LINK DOES NOT WORK. DARN.

I have a question which may or may not have been asked previously...And I am jumping of MoneyGirls suggestion of new thread new ideas!!!

From what I understand ER has stated that DR is a caring loving young man. Is there a possibility that DR planned to take off in an attempt to re-unite his parents?

Kids have a crazy way (and yes I consider 13 to be a kid, although society really doesn't) of thinking that family breakdowns are somehow their fault. With the child support situation established in September, I wonder if DR concocted this plan before he arrived at MR's. I know LE has ruled it out as a runaway case IIRC but is it possible that what starts as a runaway case ends up as a missing persons case - ie if it was a runaway case he would have been located rather quickly but something has gone wrong along the way.

As far as the fishing pole is concerned, CR stated that it was in the garage...When was the last time CR attended MR's cabin? And is it possible that MR got it out of the garage in anticipation of DR's visit. Excited at the thought of going fishing with his son.

I know he didn't say anything along this line on the DP Show, but haven't we all had moments where once the situation has finished we spend time thinking, Oh I should have said this or that.

I am not defending MR as much as defending someone's right to be innocent until PROVEN guilty by a court of law.

All of this is JMO

Here is a working link;

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/dog-team-finds-scent-in-search-for-boy

BAYFIELD, Colo. (KRQE) - A team of cadaver dogs working to locate a missing Colorado teen Dylan Redwine has picked up a scent near Vallecito Lake, one of the focal points in the three-month search.

"We had a couple of hits in that area," said Wendy Kessenger of K9 Forensics. "What we did is we moved it closer to east side of lake where the five branch rivers flow into each on that side and we had many alerts going off there."

The K9 group from Edgewood has been in the Vallecito area for two weeks. They say while they have gotten scents, they have not found any sign of Dylan.

Dylan disappeared during a court-ordered visit with his father for Thanksgiving.

More from News 13: Redwine's estranged parents on "Dr. Phil" »
The group will share their findings with the La Plata County Sheriff's Department, which will then decide what to do next.

K9 Forensics volunteered its services for the search.

"To give closure to families because on such a huge search like this the funds run out, the manpower of overtime, they can't keep up with it," Kessenger said. "And when they can't make the find, the family is like, 'Well, what next?' They're kind of left hanging."

The group is expected to search for a couple more days.

Oh boy, well, let's see....

I think there is a lot going on here. LE had hits out there several months ago, and put divers in and came up empty handed. (Whether or not the water was cleared, well, I dunno.) I'm not sure that this group was welcomed by LE.

Based on bits of info from MR's rambling accounts, this is my theory (which I hope is wrong) of what might have happened.

At around the time of the last communication, 9:37, a confrontation/struggle occurred in which alcohol may have been a factor. The cell phone is turned off or broken, and Dylan is injured. Either Dylan makes his way to the sofa or is placed there. Either MR doesn't realize the extent of Dylan's injuries because of impairment or else he is too panicked to seek medical intervention and hopes that Dylan will "come out of it." MR's pacing around and "straightening up" could be straightening up any signs of a struggle. Dylan is still breathing, and at some point, MR goes to sleep.

When MR wakes, he does try to "wake" Dylan, but realizes that he has succumbed to his injuries overnight. MR disposes of Dylan and all his belongings early that morning. This would fit in with the prospective renter as a possible witness as this man was sighted early 6:00 to 6:30 AM although that tip apparently didn't lead anywhere.

MR runs his errands as scheduled although he is running behind as he originally intended to be at his employer's office at 7:30. I wonder what people at his workplace had to say about his appearance or demeanor. He texts and call Dylan by way of alibi building.

MR returns home and tries to come up with a cover story and perhaps further clean ups during his nap time. He drives to T's house (maybe) and drives around the lake. I think it's possible that he planted the fishing pole at that time, but hid it too well or threw it in the water and it hasn't been discovered.

All speculation and MOO

So, they are saying that they picked up HRD near the lake but not actually in it? Correct?

I have a question which may or may not have been asked previously...And I am jumping of MoneyGirls suggestion of new thread new ideas!!!

From what I understand ER has stated that DR is a caring loving young man. Is there a possibility that DR planned to take off in an attempt to re-unite his parents?

Kids have a crazy way (and yes I consider 13 to be a kid, although society really doesn't) of thinking that family breakdowns are somehow their fault. With the child support situation established in September, I wonder if DR concocted this plan before he arrived at MR's. I know LE has ruled it out as a runaway case IIRC but is it possible that what starts as a runaway case ends up as a missing persons case - ie if it was a runaway case he would have been located rather quickly but something has gone wrong along the way.

As far as the fishing pole is concerned, CR stated that it was in the garage...When was the last time CR attended MR's cabin? And is it possible that MR got it out of the garage in anticipation of DR's visit. Excited at the thought of going fishing with his son.

I know he didn't say anything along this line on the DP Show, but haven't we all had moments where once the situation has finished we spend time thinking, Oh I should have said this or that.

I am not defending MR as much as defending someone's right to be innocent until PROVEN guilty by a court of law.

All of this is JMO

I honestly don't think Dylan had grandiose plans of getting his parents back together. However, your second thought really is a good one regarding the fishing pole and how it may have come to be inside the house.

I scanned the last thread just for a moment, and can't remember where it came up, but did want to make note, that not all handlers keep logs. Some keep none, some keep poor logs, some mediocre and so on all the way up to ridiculously detailed logs.

Yes, I do feel that detailed logs should be kept. And yes, if you end up having to go to court, this will be crucial, but it doesn't mean everyone does. You don't want to get me started, lol.

He walked into the town marshal's office in Bayfield. As far as I know, there was never a 911 call.

Respectfully snipped...

Well considering that the Marshall's office was closed at the time he supposedly "walked in there" and that LE has confirmed that he did have contact with the Sheriff's office just over an hour later, I'm wondering if he actually drove all the way to Durango from Bayfield to make the missing person report or if he did it over the phone.

If he did it over the phone, would an officer have come out to the house in Vallecito to speak with him and take the full report? If he did it at the Sheriff's office in Durango by driving there himself, when did they first come out to the house in Vallecito to check around? :waitasec:

Oh boy, well, let's see....

I think there is a lot going on here. LE had hits out there several months ago, and put divers in and came up empty handed. (Whether or not the water was cleared, well, I dunno.) I'm not sure that this group was welcomed by LE.

If a group was not necessarily welcomed by LE, would LE completely disregard any findings?

ETA: I think there is a lot going on here is like the biggest understatement EVER!!!! Thank you, sarx, for coming here and helping us understand things.

Interesting. I'd add, I also don't think MR expected Elaine to bring Mike along. MOO

If Mark thought Elaine & Cory would just show up to search for Dylan, what do you think his plan was?

that is a good and poignant question.
I wonder about their safety in general as well.

All of this is JMO

I don't think he wanted his parents to get back together. I think he liked his new school, his new town, his new home and his new life. He thought Marks house was too remote. And his dad worked all of the time and they never spent much time together. I don't believe that Dylan would have left his wonderful 13yr old's life, full of baseball and girlfriends and skateboarding, just to try something foolish like that. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston