CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about sex offenders is most have not been caught, reported, or were never prosecuted. Then you have the ones that absconded. The thing that has always been heavy on my mind in this case is the amount of short term rentals in that area, homeless that have been mentioned and the fact that that it's a recreational area, so it would draw in others for those activities such as hiking, fishing and hunting. Sure there may not have been any previous instances similar to this in the vicinity, but someone can always come into a area at any time that has a past. Someone could also act on their urges at anytime.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to rule out any scenario in my mind. The ones that I feel are least likely are premeditation and that Dylan is being held "against" his will somewhere. Of course, these are just my thoughts and we all have different opinions.

Also there are WAY MORE SO's than there are RSO's . They are just not caught yet !

''Reality: The harsh truth is that the average child molesters abuses between 30 and 60 children before he is ever arrested, according to Protecting the Gift.'''

If I remember correctly when I read the book if that particular SO victimizes MALES, he has over 100 victims before he is caught! My own opinion on that is that maybe male victims are much more reluctant to report it out of shame.. but that is just a guess.

http://childparenting.about.com/od/healthsafety/a/Myths-About-Child-Sex-Offenders.htm

Bold is my own words

I am new to this case, only after watching the Dr. Phil shows, though I knew of it from being at WS for the Whitney Heichel case.

So if this has been answered somewhere or there is a thread regarding the divorce that someone can point me to, my question is this:

Was the home that MR lives in their family home prior to the divorce? In other words, was Dylan considered a neighborhood kid who now had a different living arrangement? Or was he considered a regular visitor? TIA

From what I have read, it took several days before this was ruled out as being a runaway situation.

My mental wheels are spinning LOL

In my opinion, I don't think we know if LE ever really believed Dylan was a runaway. At least not according to their statement from Dr. Phil.

Sheriff's Department Statement

The La Plata County Sheriff's Department has issued the following statement regarding the investigation into Dylan's disappearance:

“The investigation for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing, and active. We’ve even had investigators from out of state, this week, following up on tips. The frustrating part is that we are not much farther along than where we were early on in the investigation, because of the total lack of clues left behind. It has been a criminal investigation from the first evening Dylan was reported missing. Within the first few days, we were working closely with the FBI and within the first week, we assembled a task force comprised of local, state and federal agencies. This task force is still currently in place and pursuing the investigation. We have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1988/

I got the impression, from the very get go, that MR suspected ER. Right from the start and it raised my hinky meter. It is a possibility that I have not discarded yet.

I see 3 really stong possibilities that I cannot rule out so far:

SO picked Dylan up
ER managed to pick Dylan up somehow
MR did something (here there is a list of possibilities, within the theme that MR is responsible).

The transcripts of the Dr. Phil show are reallly eye openers for BOTH sides of the marriage, in my opinion. Both of these parents are good at deflecting and twisting words, in my opinion. It is a bit mind boogling to me. I can't imagine trying to have a conversation with either one of them.

Salem

Really? Can you point out where you think Elaine was deflecting and twisting? I'm just not seeing it.

Someone upthread talked about the fish in the various inlet streams, does anyone remember who or where that info. came from? This info. can help me with the water depths year round. TIA.

It was Schmae - here is the post -

Originally Posted by SCHMAE
http://www.vallecitolakechamber.com/Fishing/index.asp

There is a small map on the right of this page. Vallecito Creek and Los Pinos River are
2 of the ' branch' rivers.

In the wilderness part of the Pine River, you will find exclusively wild fish, particularly trout. In the lower two-thirds of the river you will find rainbows, brookies, browns, and cutthroats. Above Willow Park it is mostly cutthroats and brook trout. Below Flint Creek the average fish is around 8 to 10 inches and trout up to 14 inches are common. The upper Pine is entirely hike-in water.

Something called in hike in water makes me think it's only knee deep or so, correct?
Also, not to be gruesome, but I wonder if that lake has any really giant fish in it
I watch too much river monsters.

Sry, I don't know how else to do this.

In my opinion, I don't think we know if LE ever really believed Dylan was a runaway. At least not according to their statement from Dr. Phil.

Sheriff's Department Statement

The La Plata County Sheriff's Department has issued the following statement regarding the investigation into Dylan's disappearance:

“The investigation for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing, and active. We’ve even had investigators from out of state, this week, following up on tips. The frustrating part is that we are not much farther along than where we were early on in the investigation, because of the total lack of clues left behind. It has been a criminal investigation from the first evening Dylan was reported missing. Within the first few days, we were working closely with the FBI and within the first week, we assembled a task force comprised of local, state and federal agencies. This task force is still currently in place and pursuing the investigation. We have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1988/

Isn't that interesting considering the public was told they thought he was a runaway?

Isn't that interesting considering the public was told they thought he was a runaway?

And since it took ten days before the search at the house?
Why would this be, if it was a criminal case from the first day?
I do not believe it. In fact, I think LE considered him a runaway longer than they admit.

Finally can go back and watch the vids TY TY TY SEEK N FIND !
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iibjclUtGKw"]Dr. Phil - The Search for Dylan Redwine: Part 1 (Feb. 26th, 2013) - YouTube[/ame]
Of interest, MR"s talking about the poly he took first at 36:45.
laughs'' i dont really wanna tell you that''
glares " I'd just as soon leave it at that "
" that's a sore spot with me "
More things that make you go ' hmmmmmmmmmmmm'

Really? Can you point out where you think Elaine was deflecting and twisting? I'm just not seeing it.

I saw several times, where instead of focusing on DR and getting answers from MR, she deflected the conversation to BLAME MR. I just didn't find that helpful because it moved the conversation in a different direction, allowed MR to answer and lost the whole focus of the original point of the conversation.

Just my interpretation.

Salem

Finally can go back and watch the vids TY TY TY SEEK N FIND !
Dr. Phil - The Search for Dylan Redwine: Part 1 (Feb. 26th, 2013) - YouTube
Of interest, MR"s talking about the poly he took first at 36:45.
laughs'' i dont really wanna tell you that''
glares " I'd just as soon leave it at that "
" that's a sore spot with me "
More things that make you go ' hmmmmmmmmmmmm'

Good point, Schmae! It was sad when people criticized Elaine for the failed/inconclusive discussion on NG. Ironically, Mark said the same thing, ie failed/inconclusive on Dr Phil, and hemmed and hawed about discussing it! That's why I asked AzG if Mark took the poly before or after Mark met with Cory and his other son. I'm wondering if Mark told Cory that, and that's how Elaine knew. Just a thought.

I think he failed. Then LE wanted to ask more questions to drill down further, so they said it was inconclusive and offered testing through the FBI, since Mark questioned the other polygrapher's skill.

Moo

It's actually very cool after days of discussion to go back and watch it again and pick it apart bit by bit. As for ER veering off course , it did happen but my guess is that is because MR baited her and he's very skilled at pushing her buttons.

And since it took ten days before the search at the house?
Why would this be, if it was a criminal case from the first day?
I do not believe it. In fact, I think LE considered him a runaway longer than they admit.

I keep wondering if LE also entertained the notion that this was a "domestic dispute".

Good point, Schmae! It was sad when people criticized Elaine for the failed/inconclusive discussion on NG. Ironically, Mark said the same thing, ie failed/inconclusive on Dr Phil, and hemmed and hawed about discussing it! That's why I asked AzG if Mark took the poly before or after Mark met with Cory and his other son. I'm wondering if Mark told Cory that, and that's how Elaine knew. Just a thought.

I think he failed. Then LE wanted to ask more questions to drill down further, so they said it was inconclusive and offered testing through the FBI, since Mark questioned the other polygrapher's skill.

Moo

By george ! LOL... honestly this cannot be true, but I'll throw it out for S&G's . Supposing MR took that test and failed ! MOOOOOOO Then supposing MR said he'd had a half a bottle of JB night before and his BP was out of whack. MOOOOOOOOO Then supposing they said oh well then that's inconclusive. MOOOOOOOOO Then supposing the polygraph examiner's reliability comes into question because he failed to ask MR prior to the test if he'd been drinking or felt well enough or had BP probs, etc. MOOOOOOOOOOO

Could it go like that ?

I saw several times, where instead of focusing on DR and getting answers from MR, she deflected the conversation to BLAME MR. I just didn't find that helpful because it moved the conversation in a different direction, allowed MR to answer and lost the whole focus of the original point of the conversation.

Just my interpretation.

Salem

IMO, it's not blaming. She truly believes he either has or harmed Dylan. And that means he holds the answers to finding Dylan, so the focus and questions must be aimed at him. He can't even get his timeline straight irt when he began looking for Dylan.

Moo

Moo

BBM

Or perhaps Mark passed the polygraph and LE told him he failed to put some pressure on him. When he didn't confess they then could have softened it by saying that the results where inconclusive in order to keep Mark talking. MOO.

BBM

Or perhaps Mark passed the polygraph and LE told him he failed to put some pressure on him. When he didn't confess they then could have softened it by saying that the results where inconclusive in order to keep Mark talking. MOO.

Why would they be trying to put pressure on him unless they suspected him?

ETA: Oh, I forgot you chose not to view Dr Phil. On the show, Mark's evasive about the poly he took as well as about taking another one. Who gets drunk prior to a poly set up to clear you and advance the investigation of your son's disappearance?

It's hard to discuss something with someone who hasn't seen it. :dunno:

Moo

It's actually very cool after days of discussion to go back and watch it again and pick it apart bit by bit. As for ER veering off course , it did happen but my guess is that is because MR baited her and he's very skilled at pushing her buttons.

Oh I think these 2 are both very skilled at pushing each other's buttons. Also, another thing I find very interesting is that after MR says something, then ER will come out with something to make it look different. I'm not saying I know who is telling the truth, what I'm saying is that they both can't be. Nor do I mean for that to sound like an accusation against ER. It just makes things difficult for me.

First - MR said ER would not talk to him, at all. Then ER says MR will not talk to her.

Then MR says LE told him to get a mediator, so he did, but ER refused. Now ER tells Dr. Phil that she couldn't get MR to meet w/the mediator out.

Little things like that make it very difficult to assess the honesty of either party, in my mind. BUT I really think something is wrong on the part of BOTH parties. I just don't think this is normal, especially in the case of a missing child.

Salem

" there were people with pitchforks and GUNS wanting to come up here and rip my fingernails out'' quote by MR --------------- Always with the drama --livia soprano !

Does this seem like a particularly odd case to anyone, because there doesn't seem to be anything we can get a answer on to lay any of the questions we all have to rest.

It makes this case so frustrating for me that for the most part, nothing can be eliminated. Is it just me?

The scent at the lake.....all the questions about the timeline....LE saying nothing...Ugggh! If I find it frustrating. I can't imagine how the loved ones close to Dylan feel.

I think that LE does suspect him. MOO.

Whoda thunk? I agree with you! IMO, watching how evasive he is on Dr Phil (in addition to the conflicts with other interviews/statements) makes it impossible to imagine Mark passing a poly.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member