CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Word Salad
Psychiatry A mixture of neologisms, words, and phrases that lack comprehensive meaning or logical coherence; WSs are characterized by loosening of associations, shifting of topics that may progress to near incoherence, and a lack of logical connection; WSs are typical of disordered thought processes–eg, schizophrenia. Cf Witzelsucht.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

So....it's NOT a Wiggles song apparently. It's been awhile since my kids were into The Wiggles.

I can't find it now but perhaps TX Jan or someone else can sometime...but there was a particular response from MR when he was asked something about the plans for Thanksgiving Day, I think it was, that just blew me away. It was a jumble of words about sixteen different subjects and not a turkey to be had.

so, it's about literacy?

IMO no, it hasn't anything at all to do with literacy. IMO it has everything to do with deflect, divert, and dance around the extremely relevant, important, and critical questions regarding his son's "disappearance"..

but that's just my opinion.

I can't find it now but perhaps TX Jan or someone else can sometime...but there was a particular response from MR when he was asked something about the plans for Thanksgiving Day, I think it was, that just blew me away. It was a jumble of words about sixteen different subjects and not a turkey to be had.

I think the only thing on the menu was a word salad :)

I don't want to argue, but I'm curious what the general consensus would be if he gave curt answers to the questions asked.

I don't want to argue, but I'm curious what the general consensus would be if he gave curt answers to the questions asked.

I wonder if "word salad" might be a stress reaction. The man's son is missing. Maybe he isn't guilty, I don't know but Jessica Ridgeway's mother babbled and so have other parents of missing kids who were innocent.

I guess I just don't get the joke.

Well, if rambling is how he usually talks, then yes, I think it would be very strange for him to start spouting short one-liners.

As in snarky or just direct firm answers?

Direct answers.

Reporter: Did you have plans for Thanksgiving?
MR: Yes.

Reporter: Did you harm your son?
MR: No.

Reporter: What did y'all do Sunday night?
MR: We watched a movie.

If Mark only gave short direct answers I would think that he was being careful to not slip up and say something wrong. It would be much easier to stick to a script if you keep your answers as simple as possible. MOO.

Well, if rambling is how he usually talks, then yes, I think it would be very strange for him to start spouting short one-liners.

That's just it - does he always talk like that or is this just a pattern when he's speaking about Dylan. That makes a big difference to me. And probably in those books and articles that were posted earlier, that's what a trained LEO would be trying to tell as well - is this normal for MR or is this changed and what changed it.

My ex is like this - has never as long as I've known him said Yes or No to a question. Drives me crazy. But he is not suffering from any psychological or pathological or sociological or other "ogical" disorders. It's a speech pattern my ex apparently learned at a young age, and I doubt he'll be able to change it now.

Which is why I tend to ignore it with MR, because it appears to be a constant pattern of speech and not one that is only stress induced or only intentionally deceptive. As far as I can tell. Of course I've only ever seen him speaking about Dylan.

JMO.

Well, the more he talks the more people have been able to spot inconsistencies so lets hope the man keeps talking so LE can keep collecting those tapes. :websleuther:

It is not really that for me, just that a lot of times, the question itself was never answered, IMO. Anyway I do not know what to take from it since I do not know him.

Well, the more he talks the more people have been able to spot inconsistencies so lets hope the man keeps talking so LE can keep collecting those tapes. :websleuther:

I would be more suspicious of Mark if he had zero inconsistent statements. I'm not aware of him having a significant amount of them either. MOO.

If he's guilty, I hope so too. However, they've had almost 5 months of this and yet still nothing. If LE feels MR is responsible and Dylan is in the lake, I'm going to be really pissed that they allowed someone else to do their job for them. Of course, we'll never know if that's the case or not.

I would be more suspicious of Mark if he had zero inconsistent statements. I'm not aware of him having a significant amount of them either. MOO.

This is what is so funny to me, not haha funny, but funny in that people are going to hear what they want to hear. If someone has already presumed MR is guilty, there's not a darn thing that's going to change that. His "word salad" to some equals a guilty person, yet to others it's just the way people talk. If he repeated the same story over and over by rote, yeah I'd be more suspicious.

Direct answers.

Reporter: Did you have plans for Thanksgiving?
MR: Yes.

Reporter: Did you harm your son?
MR: No.

Reporter: What did y'all do Sunday night?
MR: We watched a movie.

If he answered questions with direct answers such as you state above and when asked specifically what the Thanksgiving plans were and he firmly stated that they were going out to dinner for Thanksgiving then to a movie (and nothing else) I would find him much more believable.

My personal experience with liars is when they are telling the truth they give a simple firm answer like yes or no, but when they are lying they tend to give you a word salad...way too much information in much greater detail than is necessary and often times they change the subject and ramble on about something totally irrelevant. This has been my personal experience while dealing with those not be truthful so this is just MOO.

This is what is so funny to me, not haha funny, but funny in that people are going to hear what they want to hear. If someone has already presumed MR is guilty, there's not a darn thing that's going to change that. His "word salad" to some equals a guilty person, yet to others it's just the way people talk. If he repeated the same story over and over by rote, yeah I'd be more suspicious.

That's why I think that "statement analysis" is a bunch of baloney. Someone can take a persons words and turn them into meaning anything that they want. MOO.

If he answered questions with direct answers such as you state above and when asked specifically what the Thanksgiving plans were and he firmly stated that they were going out to dinner for Thanksgiving then to a movie (and nothing else) I would find him much more believable.

My personal experience with liars is when they are telling the truth they give a simple firm answer like yes or no, but when they are lying they tend to give you a word salad...way too much information in much greater detail than is necessary and often times they change the subject and ramble on about something totally irrelevant. This has been my personal experience while dealing with those not be truthful so this is just MOO.

BBM

If Mark truly didn't have any set plans for Thanksgiving why would him lying about it and saying that he did have plans make him more believable?

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member