CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

No, he called the Marshall's office to ask if they had seen Dylan. He did not go to the Marshall's office at all. MR himself had first said he went there, then he said he called them. These are MR's own words as taken from multiple interviews since November. They are all available in the media thread.

There is no indication whatsoever that it was the Marshall's office who "didn't take him seriously". MR himself, by his own admission, didn't think it was that big of a deal at the time he contacted the Marshall's office. Later he changed his story about when he started to become concerned. He also has stated that ER was the one who was making everything out to more than it needed to be at the time, which would also indicate that he didn't think it concerning. She on the other hand immediately called the SO office and got the ball rolling to find her son. The first official contact that LE had in this case was when ER called the SO at 5:30 pm - that is the time her call was received by the SO.

All of the above can be referenced in the numerous interviews and press releases and articles available in the media thread.

DP offered a second polygraph exam to MR after he complained that he had failed the one for LE, or that it was inconclusive and that there was some question as to the qualifications of the polygraph examiner.

DP stated to MR that if that was true - if the examiner was unqualified - then it wasn't fair for MR to have a failed/inconclusive test hanging over his head, and that it was absolutely unfair for him to have people looking at the test as they are then.

DP offered to contact one of the most highly respected, and experienced polygraph operators to administer the test so that MR could feel confident that the one asking the questions wasn't someone who would give him a bad test.

DP asked MR if he wanted to take another one, and if he did he would have his staff contact JT (his name wasn't mentioned at that time).

This was all done for MR's benefit. To clear up any confusion over a polygraph that was apparently administered by someone who according to MR was unqualified, or by someone whose qualifications he questioned, etc...

Independent polygraphs are used all the time by defendants and lawyers - and by employers, etc... for a large variety of reasons.

It would have been in MR's best interest to have one of the most highly qualified polygraph experts give him the test if he is not guilty of harming or having anything to do with DR's disappearance. It was offered for MR's benefit... His benefit alone...

Note: Immediately following the show the LE put out a statement saying there was absolutely no questions about the polygraph examiner used for MR's original polygraph.

Since my point doesn't seem to be coming across, I would like to agree to disagree. :seeya:

well LPCSO don't seem to think that considering their latest press release specifically states that ER was the one who reported Dylan missing.

they also said that she was still in Colorado Springs at that time.

it sounds like that common knowledge is wrong, just like the 'you have to wait 24 hours to report a person missing' that everyone seems to think is true when its not.
Straight from CO session laws website:

" (2) A law enforcement agency shall accept without delay a missing person report that is submitted in person if:

(a) The missing person resides, or was last known to reside, within the jurisdiction of the law enforcement agency and the missing person's last-known location is the missing person's residence or his or her location is unknown; or
"

http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/olls/sl2006a/sl_115.htm

The marshall's office closes at 3pm. He probably went to the marshall's office, found them closed, grabbed his phone, and called them. :twocents:

I haven't seen anything at all saying he did not go to the marshall's office. <modsnip>.

:twocents:

I think they did lie to him.

I also have heard that he did offer up an ATV for a fundraiser but was turned down.

JMO.

So what he can have his own fundraiser!
Waaa waa waaa hes a man.
cowboy up big guy and find your son!

From the MB interview with Mark, transcript by TxJan:

[FONT=&quot]when I ran across his friends and they hadn’t heard from him – then that’s when I went over to the Marshall’s Office and told them that, you know, we need to find him, make contact with him. They were going to put out like a wellness check or they just notify the local authorities to keep an eye out for him and make contact with him so somebody can “bang him in the head” and say, “Hey, your dad’s trying to get a hold of you. Your friends are trying to get a hold of you. You need to communicate to somebody. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But at that moment in time…, I felt the need to address this issue with mom, so I immediately asked her had she heard from him and indicated to her that I hadn’t heard from him all day and that I was at the Marshall’s office taking care of this, and that’s when pretty much all hell broke loose with her.

Why are there so many inconsistencies?

[/FONT]

Also remember we know now that MR did NOT go to the Marshall's office at all! He merely called them. That's a huge inconsistency right there. He either physically went to the office, or he called. MR has now stated both. Perhaps he forgot that anytime someone makes a phone call to the police it is logged automatically in the system even if there is no report filed?

The strangest thing to me about the issue of whether or not LE asked MR to take a 2nd poly is that on the Dr Phil show, not a single person brought it up. Not Dr Phil, not Trimarco, not Elaine, not Cory, not Mark - nobody. An extended 2 day show, it's supposed to be a huge issue, yet nobody even mentioned it.

Doesn't make sense. :twocents:

Respectfully, we do not know what was said in footage not broadcast. We o not know what was discussed privately beforehand. We do not know if Dr Phil or Trimarco or Elaine or Cory or Mark mentioned it either to producers or on filn (that was unaired). We do not know so we cannot say.

The timing of reports to police of Dylan’s disappearance also has been clarified.

Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, called the Bayfield Marshal’s Office during the afternoon of Nov. 19 to ask if anyone in the office had seen Dylan, but he did not officially report his son missing.

That happened after Mark Redwine contacted Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, to see if she had heard anything.

Elaine Redwine reported her son missing to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at 5:30 p.m. that day.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article...n-Redwine-case

Does he work in the same county? There are different stipulations and procedures in different states, and even county by county, municipality by municipality.

No, he doesn't. We live in a different state. I did post a link upthread though that you might find interesting.

Straight from CO session laws website:

" (2) A law enforcement agency shall accept without delay a missing person report that is submitted in person if:

(a) The missing person resides, or was last known to reside, within the jurisdiction of the law enforcement agency and the missing person's last-known location is the missing person's residence or his or her location is unknown; or
"

http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/olls/sl2006a/sl_115.htm

That does not state that a person cannot call in a missing person's report, it merely says that if it is filed in person it shall be accepted "without delay". The SO's office could have taken the report, and seeing as it was a minor got the ball rolling, and ER could have signed the paperwork when she arrived in the area.

The reason for those laws is due to the scrutiny LE has come under in regard to MP cases that they sat on when their immediate action could have prevented death or injury.

The marshall's office closes at 3pm. He probably went to the marshall's office, found them closed, grabbed his phone, and called them. :twocents:

I haven't seen anything at all saying he did not go to the marshall's office. Opinions are not facts.

This is JMO but I think he stopped a patroll car and asked them if they saw Dylan.

well my memory isnt the best... I thought CR did bring up the 2nd poly on DrP

I'll go looking to see what I an find

Also remember we know now that MR did NOT go to the Marshall's office at all! He merely called them. That's a huge inconsistency right there. He either physically went to the office, or he called. MR has now stated both. Perhaps he forgot that anytime someone makes a phone call to the police it is logged automatically in the system even if there is no report filed?

We do not "know" that MR did not go to the marshall's office. That is your opinion. Saying in the press release that he called does not preclude his also having gone there.

<modsnip>

This, of course, is my :twocents:

The timing of reports to police of Dylan’s disappearance also has been clarified.

Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, called the Bayfield Marshal’s Office during the afternoon of Nov. 19 to ask if anyone in the office had seen Dylan, but he did not officially report his son missing.

That happened after Mark Redwine contacted Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, to see if she had heard anything.

Elaine Redwine reported her son missing to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at 5:30 p.m. that day.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article...n-Redwine-case

Again, read the link that I posted. It is impossible for ER to have FILED a missing person's report with LPCSO! She would have had to do this in person. She may have alerted them to the fact that her son hadn't been heard from, but as for the paperwork being filed, she would not have been able to do this until she was in Vallecito or Bayfield (wherever the county seat is).

Respectfully, we do not know what was said in footage not broadcast. We o not know what was discussed privately beforehand. We do not know if Dr Phil or Trimarco or Elaine or Cory or Mark mentioned it either to producers or on filn (that was unaired). We do not know so we cannot say.

This is true. I guess the same could be said in regards to whether anyone else was asked to take a poly or anything really that wasn't aired.

This is JMO but I think he stopped a patroll car and asked them if they saw Dylan.

The whole asked if they saw Dylan makes me think maybe he knows them and asked if they saw Dylan while out patrolling. JMO

Again, read the link that I posted. It is impossible for ER to have FILED a missing person's report with LPCSO! She would have had to do this in person. She may have alerted them to the fact that her son hadn't been heard from, but as for the paperwork being filed, she would not have been able to do this until she was in Vallecito or Bayfield (wherever the county seat is).

So LE lied on the LE press release? I don't get it.

I haven't seen anything at all saying he did not go to the marshall's office. <modsnip>.

Your post makes perfect sense to me.

An to add on to it, when talking to the Marshall's office about the situation maybe Mark told them that Dylan was with him on a court ordered visit. The officer may have then suggested that Mark call Elaine to see if she knew of Dylan's whereabouts.

When Mark contacted Elaine telling her that he couldn't find Dylan, I wouldn't be surprised if she said that she was calling the Sheriff's Office immediately. And that's exactly what happened.

MOO.

That is untrue. See Redheads post regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne