CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd question, but not in my opinion, why? IMO, I can't see how it would prove he did OR he didn't.

BBM

That's why I asked. It seems meaningless to me to analyze Mark's letter if the end result is neither here nor there. Maybe I'm missing something. MOO.

This was a statement from MR, right? Should he not speak in first person? :confused:
I can't speak for Ausgirl, but when the average person writes a letter, in first person, they do not usually use the words "including me", "myself", "speaking for myself". A person writing the letter is already speaking for themselves and does not need to include that in their letter. (We have to add a lot of the "personally"s and "speaking for myself"s here, but that's another story)

I think the way the letter is written is a reflection of how Mark speaks, which is still confusing to a lot of people.

It is not just that he is speaking in the first person. It is that he interjects HIMSELF and words highlighting HIMSELF, repeatedly, and more often than he speaks of Dylan.

It is a statement from himself. He is talking and giving his thoughts. How does one speak to someone about their feelings without using the words I or me?

What kind of feedback would he get if the statement read:

To Dylan: you are out there and can see all the things that are going on. will never give up to bring you home safe". many in our community and across the nation have you in thoughts and prayers everyday. Each day many search for the truth and the person or persons responsible for your disappearance. the truth comes out and justice has been served.

I am certain that LE has his minute by minute timeline that he gave to the FBI and the Rangers. She can read that transcript to get that information, unless there is something he left out?

Would LE give her that transcript? I'm curious about this - wouldn't his statements have been treated as evidence of some sort? And at the time the statement would have been taken (I'm thinking back to when he had that lengthy interview without a lawyer - sorry I don't have the link handy) LE had not yet come out with their statement that they had verified ER, MH and CR's locations on Nov 19. IMO - I would think that they would have protected those statements given by MR, so they could compare them to statements given by ER and CR and whoever else they interviewed.

Is it possible that now their whereabouts on the 19th have been verified, ER has access to investigation information?

IMO - I'm not convinced that ER would have been allowed to read transcripts of MR's interviews with the investigators.

IMO - At the time mediation was suggested, I also believed it was to give MR a chance to get his story out to ER and to give ER a chance to challenge and question that story, until everyone was satisfied they had been heard.

Mediation is close enough to "intermediary" for me so I was never concerned/offended/bewildered by the use of the word.

It is a statement from himself. He is talking and giving his thoughts. How does one speak to someone about their feelings without using the words I or me?

To Dylan: you are out there and can see all the things that are going on. will never give up to bring you home safe". many in our community and across the nation have you in thoughts and prayers everyday. Each day many search for the truth and the person or persons responsible for your disappearance. the truth comes out and justice has been served.

He added a lot of EXTRA I's and Me's that were unnecessary. Like ' speaking for myself'---who else would he be speaking for?

BBM

That's why I asked. It seems meaningless to me to analyze Mark's letter if the end result is neither here nor there. Maybe I'm missing something. MOO.
Gotcha. Maybe you did miss that I thought it was a good idea to make a statement, but that Mark needs to stop blaming other people for a statement to be really effective. I suppose I should have spelled that out better. If it still is meaningless to you, that's OK. It wasn't to me, and if Mark reads here, maybe he can take comments (not just mine) and use them to help make more releases with less blaming.

I can't speak for Ausgirl, but when the average person writes a letter, in first person, they do not usually use the words "including me", "myself", "speaking for myself". A person writing the letter is already speaking for themselves and does not need to include that in their letter. (We have to add a lot of the "personally"s and "speaking for myself"s here, but that's another story)

I think the way the letter is written is a reflection of how Mark speaks, which is still confusing to a lot of people.

It wasn't a letter, it was a statement. A statement from an individual. A public statement. People have been asking why MR doesn't speak. He's speaking. He's speaking to Dylan through a public format. Can someone give me an example of a statement from MR that would be acceptable? TIA

JMO

Obviously, because of difficulties between them, Mark has found it necessary to limit his communication with Elaine. That is what a mediator can help with. Without pointing fingers, I can say that no one wants to be talked over or talked to. A mediator might be able to help Dylan's parents talk "with" one another. Clearly, they aren't capable on their own or even with a TV therapist gone ratings hungry.

I can't imagine why it would be necessary to block the parent of your missing child, limit perhaps, it's not like they would call each other up and discuss the weather, they haven't talked on the phone in years (this was per EH on DP show and MR did not dispute it) MR blocked EH almost from the beginning, I would think that differences could be put aside in an emergency situation such as this. Regardless of personal feelings one should act and conduct themself as a parent and put all feelings for other parent on the back burner. It's difficult to talk with someone that won't answer the phone and blocks your calls. Unless the entire "talking" issue is all an attempt to control EH. If he won't talk with her now, what makes anyone think that he would talk with her with a mediator. Parents of a missing child should not even entertain the idea of a mediator, act like a parent and talk with the other parent. all MOO

Sounds pretty cold when you write it like that. That wouldn't go over very well with people who think that Mark's guilty. Better to keep the I's and me's in there. Well, they didn't like it that way either.

I think he's doomed no matter how he writes a letter. MOO.

He added a lot of EXTRA I's and Me's that were unnecessary. Like ' speaking for myself'---who else would he be speaking for?

I will give you the 'speaking for myself' but other than that, I see nothing wrong with MR's statement from himself.

It wasn't a letter, it was a statement. A statement from an individual. A public statement. People have been asking why MR doesn't speak. He's speaking. He's speaking to Dylan through a public format. Can someone give me an example of a statement from MR that would be acceptable? TIA

JMO

A detailed statement of a timeline??

It's the same type of observations and thoughts we have rehashed over 50+ threads.
This case drains me. Did MR have something to do with Dylan's disappearance?I have no clue. Even bad fathers and sucky husbands can be innocent no matter what their past and actions seem to say. I just wish the MR debate would stop. If he's guilty I hope he slips up and they find Dylan and may justice be swift and unyielding. If he's innocent the pain of his past actions coupled with the whole nation arguing over if he hid or murdered his son must be unbearable. If he was already predisposed to alcoholism this would exacerbate it. There's been nasty words thrown back and forth between the other family members so IMO regardless if he was this or that in the past or even yesterday doesn't make it right to be hateful and spread rumors true or not. All it does is make everyone look childish and the immediate focus is diverted from scouring the nation to find Dylan. My father is just like MR, narcissistic and manipulative. In my childhood he was a raging and abusive alcoholic whose sole focus was himself. BUT he started to change his ways when he got a job that he loved working in LE communications and quit cold turkey and changed immensely. He is still very authoritative but really he is an awesome dad now and I forgive him for his past transgressions. Believe me, there were many and far worse than what MR is accused of. I just want someone, anyone, to find Dylan. Find him, then find who did it. Every time someone has come out and said they have seen a child who looks like Dylan and seemed very uncomfortable and out of place on the FB pages they get ignored. Tunnel vision is a very bad thing. He could be alive and being held in another state by someone completely random and even if a tip was submitted if LE is biased and believes only MR did it they sweep it under the rug without really taking the effort to check it out. I rarely comment on this case anymore because of the high emotions of us all. We are all entitled to our opinions based on life experience or direct involvement. I don't care who wrote the release, guilty or innocent, the national focus needs to be taken off the family history and previous animosity and look toward finding Dylan, which would require following up tips out of county or state. No offense meant to anyone. We all want Dylan home.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

One thank you from the thanks button is not nearly enough. Great post, pink.:tyou::winner::cheers:

JMO
Since you asked, and this is only my opinion (notice I make no negative references to anyone):

I would like to take the opportunity to address the disappearance of my son Dylan as we are now at 6 months. Like many across the country, our community is still missing one of our children. Those who know him miss his happy personality and smile, as well as his outgoing and giving nature. I know Dylan is loved and missed by all those who know him and we owe it to him to continue our search to find him. I need the help of every single person out there to do this. Dylan could be anywhere out there so PLEASE look at his picture and the face of every child you see his age to see if it could be Dylan.

To Dylan:
I know in my heart you are out there and want you to know I love you and will never give up on bringing you home safe. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Due to the efforts of your loving family, each day people nationwide search for the truth and the person or persons responsible for your disappearance. I will not rest until I find you, the truth comes out and justice has been served.

To whom it may concern: All I want is Dylan returned safely. If he is not, you can't run far enough or hide under any rock that can't be turned over. The truth always comes out and when it does may God have mercy on your soul.

I love you Dylan,
PaPa

ETA: Sorry, I missed half of my cut and paste-see above

http://www.colorado.edu/conflict/peace/treatment/mediatn.htm

"Mediation is one of several approaches to conflict resolution that uses a "third party" intermediary to help the disputing parties resolve their conflict. Unlike arbitration, where the third party actually makes the decision about how the conflict should be resolved, mediators only assist the parties in their efforts to formulate a solution of their own. Thus, mediators bring the parties together (or sometimes shuttle between them), help them describe the problem in terms of negotiable interests and needs rather than non-negotiable positions, and develop a set of ideas for how the interests and needs of both sides can be met simultaneously. The mediator will then help the parties assess the relative merits of the different options and draft an agreement that works best to satisfy everyone’s interests. It is up to the parties, however, to decide whether to accept the final agreement or not. While there may be considerable social pressure to agree to the settlement, if it does not meet the needs of a party as well as an alternative approach might, that party is still free to reject the settlement and try an alternative conflict resolution technique, be it litigation, direct action, an election, or war.

Mediation has been used successfully in many different kinds of conflicts. It is widely utilized (and very successful) in the United States and elsewhere for handling divorce and child custody cases. It is also commonly used for other kinds of interpersonal disputes (such as disputes between neighbors, roommates, or co-workers) labor-management disputes, community disputes, environmental disputes, and international disputes."

BBM. Lots of problems benefit from mediation. Elaine and Mark have a common interest: DYLAN. Cory as well.

BIU by me, Thank you for the link and all the information on mediation. This is exactly why I don't believe that MR and EH will benefit from mediation.
There is no conflict to resolve, no dispute to solve. This isn't a dispute between husband and wife over the 401k and who gets what. It's not a matter of one neighbor has a barking dog and it ticks off the other neighbor. This is a missing child, the ONLY resolution IMO is for the Dylan to be found. What would mediation solve? EH believes that MR is involved, MR says he isn't. Until Dylan is found, there is no resolution. There is a reason that they divorced and it's pretty clear they have no love lost between them. Going to mediation isn't going to change EH's mind, if the goal is to communicate, then pick up the phone and talk, if that can't be done then send a text, an email, a smoke signal, a pigeon, anything - but a mediator isn't going to make someone talk to another party. Thanks again for the link. all moo

Since you asked, and this is only my opinion (notice I make no negative references to anyone):

To Dylan:
I know in my heart you are out there and want you to know I love you and will never give up on bringing you home safe. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Due to the efforts of your loving family, each day people nationwide search for the truth and the person or persons responsible for your disappearance. I will not rest until I find you, the truth comes out and justice has been served.

To whom it may concern: All I want is Dylan returned safely. If he is not, you can't run far enough or hide under any rock that can't be turned over. The truth always comes out and when it does may God have mercy on your soul.

I love you Dylan,
PaPa

Hmmm, I don't know. There's lots of "I" in there.

Gotcha. Maybe you did miss that I thought it was a good idea to make a statement, but that Mark needs to stop blaming other people for a statement to be really effective. I suppose I should have spelled that out better. If it still is meaningless to you, that's OK. It wasn't to me, and if Mark reads here, maybe he can take comments (not just mine) and use them to help make more releases with less blaming.

I'm not sure where Mark is "blaming" anyone and if he is that could just be his personality. I need some evidence. Not statement analysis.

I'm sorry if I come across too harsh and I thank you for sharing your thoughts Ghostwheel. I appreciate it.

Hmmm, I don't know. There's lots of "I" in there.
But there is no "speaking for myself", "myself", or "Including me", because, if I were writing about my child, I already know I am speaking for myself, and don't have to include me.

BTW, would you go back and see the rest that I accidentally left out and see if I messed up that.

We have a detailed statement of a timeline, no?

I keep hearing about all the extra word salad MR adds.

I mean detailed from MR....with events

I know we had posts somewhere in the past 50 threads that outlined some questions we would ask MR regarding details/events from the time he picked Dylan up until the time he went to the Marshall's office (I'm to tired to look for them, LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member