CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading Elaine's Monday FMDR post is heart wrenching. Dylan is a young boy who most definitely did not run away. That post is such a beautiful glimpse into who Dylan really is.

moo

Illness affects Redwine booster

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Snip - The woman who has spearheaded the effort in Bayfield to find missing teen Dylan Redwine has been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.

Denise Hess founded Hope for Dylan Redwine shortly after he was reported missing from Vallecito Nov. 19. Since then, she has led search efforts and hosted fundraisers for the Find Dylan Redwine Fund.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130522/NEWS01/130529811/Illness-affects-Redwine-booster

Is this the first time Websleuths has ever seen a search warrant or something? I don't understand why there isn't already a protocol about investigation papers.

Hi ColdHands,
I'm still pretty new here but in Whitney Heichel's murder the affadavit for the search warrant was not released to the media until after the alleged perpetrator was arrested. And it was released with proper redactions.

The issue is the source (posted on FB). We generally see them released by the media.

So then the publication of search warrants in general is not considered to be a hamper to investigations. Good clarification, thanks.

Is this the first time Websleuths has ever seen a search warrant or something? I don't understand why there isn't already a protocol about investigation papers.

No, we see search warrants and probable cause documents all the time. However, generally they are released by LE or the Court. In this case, we are not sure who released the documents and we want to verify that before we post them.

Everyone should understand that every case is different but WS relies on official documents whenever it is possible to obtain them. They give us facts that MSM never gets right, kwim? Very much like giving more weight to an official LE press release, then the MSM that writes about it.

So please, just give us some time to verify the warrants, okay?

Thanks,

Salem

So then the publication of search warrants in general is not considered to be a hamper to investigations. Good clarification, thanks.

I think, from what I know about the process from other instances (not criminal cases), documents are usually released by pursuing an established process -- one that ensures that appropriate precautions are taken. And there are indeed instances when requests for information are denied.

JMO

Illness affects Redwine booster

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Snip - The woman who has spearheaded the effort in Bayfield to find missing teen Dylan Redwine has been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.

Denise Hess founded Hope for Dylan Redwine shortly after he was reported missing from Vallecito Nov. 19. Since then, she has led search efforts and hosted fundraisers for the Find Dylan Redwine Fund.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130522/NEWS01/130529811/Illness-affects-Redwine-booster

Just heartbreaking. She has been indefatigable in her efforts.

Just heartbreaking. She has been indefatigable in her efforts.
I feel terrible for Katt (Denise), and I also feel terrible for Elaine. Her son's missing, her mother just passed away, and now her friend Katt (Denise) is terribly sick. Ugh, please let Dylan be found soon so that there is some sort of resolution for her.

Anyone who thinks that people "want" MR to be the perp are just plain wrong, IMO. What I believe is most desired is for him to be officially cleared by LE. That won't happen, so it is frustrating, especially since so many things do not make sense, from the phone stoppage to the nap by MR, to his still-casual "smack him on the head" attitude when he finally gets around to saying, oh yeah my child is missing, and not even going into his manner of "answering" questions and seeming to spend more effort and stamina in thinking up ways to get in digs at his ex than anything much to do with Dylan. I have never quite recovered from his litany of ways Dylan was probably responsible, i.e falling into lakes, running off to hang where known sex offenders live, etc.
Did he ever offer up Dylan being eaten by a bear? If not, that is all he hasn't said. And yet he then claims he believes ER took Dylan. Even Dr. Phil, who has had world-class lunatics on his show, had his eyes pop put of his head at that one.

No one, IMO, wants his father to have harmed or killed Dylan, but this man has provided plenty of reasons to raise eyebrows and really, that is all it amounts to here on WS. We are not keeping LE from investigating sex offenders, tips or neighborhood creeps by our suspicions. If it makes some posters feel "above" others by "keeping an open mind" so be it. My mind is 5% open to a stranger abduction and will be 100% when LE can clear MR.

Agreed! I would love nothing more than for MR to be cleared. I just don't see it happening, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Still believing in Dylan, that he will come home, that he is alive.

Just curious, based on what?

For me, based on the fact that there is no body in evidence, there is no forensic evidence of a death or deadly injury, this is a missing person case and not a homicide investigation and also based on recent events in Cleveland, Ohio, I choose hope for Dylan and his family and refuse to commit to a belief that Dylan is anything but alive. I'm fully aware that he may not be, but a premature conclusion of anything besides life seems like some sort of betrayal to me.

For me, based on the fact that there is no body in evidence, there is no forensic evidence of a death or deadly injury, this is a missing person case and not a homicide investigation and also based on recent events in Cleveland, Ohio, I choose hope for Dylan and his family and refuse to commit to a belief that Dylan is anything but alive. I'm fully aware that he may not be, but a premature conclusion of anything besides life seems like some sort of betrayal to me.

The same could be said for Katelyn's case and Hailey's case and others...and it was just a matter of time until their bodies were finally found, no crime scene apparently.

Also, as I have said before, I find it difficult to root for him being held as a sex slave of some kind...especially if it takes a decade or so to find him. But JMO, obviously.

The same could be said for Katelyn's case and Hailey's case and others...and it was just a matter of time until their bodies were finally found, no crime scene apparently.

Also, as I have said before, I find it difficult to root for him being held as a sex slave of some kind...especially if it takes a decade or so to find him. But JMO, obviously.

On the other side, Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, Shawn Hornbeck, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, Michelle Knight and more.

What it comes down to is for me is this: When it's said and done, the truth known, will I regret choosing hope in the absence of real evidence? We all chose where we will risk being wrong. If I'm going to make an error in judgement, I want it to be on the side that was willing to wait.

On the other side, Jaycee Dugard, Elizabeth Smart, Shawn Hornbeck, Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, Michelle Knight and more.

What it comes down to is for me is this: When it's said and done, the truth known, will I regret choosing hope in the absence of real evidence? We all chose where we will risk being wrong. If I'm going to make an error in judgement, I want it to be on the side that was willing to wait.

That's fine. I was just wondering what led people to believe he is alive, vs. hope, which of course we all do.

No body, no crime scene, no evidence of bodily harm. The family chooses to hope, to believe. I stand with them on that. I believe because I want to believe. Call it obstinance, whatever, I want to believe this beautiful child can be one of the lucky ones, that he is alive and will someday return. I choose Hope for Dylan.

Still believing in Dylan, that he will come home, that he is alive.

Why does anyone believe in Santa Clause or God? Because they want to. That's their beliefs.

No body, no crime scene, no evidence of bodily harm. The family chooses to hope, to believe. I stand with them on that. I believe because I want to believe. Call it obstinance, whatever, I want to believe this beautiful child can be one of the lucky ones, that he is alive and will someday return. I choose Hope for Dylan.

Thank you, Seajay. Throughout this whole case, you have seen the hope that Dylan is alive. I hope and pray you are right.

<modsnip>. I choose hope.

I think that it's important for all Americans to know that LE can't bully people into doing what they want and that we have constitutional rights about search and seizure.

After watching some of the questioning of IRS officials this morning it's been made more than clear that some individuals in the position of power will do things that aren't right. And that's why we need a strong press who helps to keep our government in check.

The power that the press has over our government is information. Information that is passed along to individual American citizens who can use that information to prevent injustice.

I feel that releasing the probable cause information that LE used in that first week of this case couldn't possibly ruin this case. The focus of the search warrants was Mark's home and vehicles. That's been known since that first week. Well, it took LE over a week to execute a search warrant, but that's close.

So the focus has been on Mark since the beginning. How can releasing an affidavit to search his home change that?

It would be interesting to know how many other search warrants were issued? Wonder if the other SW recipients will be as forthcoming as Mr. Redwine?

Well about 800,000 ppl go missing a year and in the past what 10 yrs 6 have returned (alive) that we are aware of thos are not very good odds.
A few (very few) miracles happen but I do not think we will see a miracle here.

Mark didn't hide him and a stranger didn't abduct him. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member