CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

But he did say this:

Mark Redwine says some of his own theories about the search for Dylan are changing.

"I guess I never thought he could still be in the Vallecito area," he said. "After this story broke, obviously it has come to light that it is not an uncommon thing for perpetrators of children to be close to where they go missing from."

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/335101/222/Ohio-case-renews-hope-for-Redwine-search

Is this his reasoning for not searching day and night near his home for Dylan???

The second bolded by me. I find this whole statement unnerving. It reminds me of Casey Anthony who said something like 'I just feel she is close to home.' It stands out to me that the first part of the statement says where MR thinks Dylan is and the second part states where he thinks the perpetrator is.

I'm surprised anyone would think that the small sound byte heard during that 9 News clip were the only words MR uttered when MB was interviewing him. She seems to paraphrase some other things he said, and I would imagine the interview or phone call (it seems to have been conducted over the phone by the sound of it) went for much longer than 14 seconds. JMO

I totally agree. It annoys the crap out of me that these reporters can just edit it however they want. If there's audio, I would prefer to hear it all, not 2 sentences with more from the interview only being quoted in the written story.

The interview was after the girls in Ohio were located, right? The over analyzing of his words is interesting. So many people want MR to be guilty that his words are being twisted to fit that agenda. In the interview, MB talks about people wondering if they ever saw anything suspicious in regards to the Ohio girls. If one listens to MR's words without already having the preconceived notion that he killed his son, then they might hear that it was obviously in relation to the story in OH. I mean the story subject is Ohio Case Renews Hope for Redwine Search.

MOO

No one has given up. Searches are still going on. The past couple weeks the family hasn't searched because they wanted to be with Oma. LE is still searching areas. They are not saying which areas they are searching.

IMO

My prayers go out to the entire family. I'm sure that everyone understands that it is very difficult to be pulled between two heartbreaking life events at the same time. Search for Dylan or be with Oma during her final days. I can't imagine having to make those choices and can't begin to imagine the pain that the entire family is in. Hugs to you all as you get through a very difficult first Mother's Day without Oma and without Dylan. :grouphug:

I totally agree. It annoys the crap out of me that these reporters can just edit it however they want. If there's audio, I would prefer to hear it all, not 2 sentences with more from the interview only being quoted in the written story.

The interview was after the girls in Ohio were located, right? The over analyzing of his words is interesting. So many people want MR to be guilty that his words are being twisted to fit that agenda. In the interview, MB talks about people wondering if they ever saw anything suspicious in regards to the Ohio girls. If one listens to MR's words without already having the preconceived notion that he killed his son, then they might hear that it was obviously in relation to the story in OH. I mean the story subject is Ohio Case Renews Hope for Redwine Search.

MOO

I highly disagree with the BBM. I don't believe that people "want" MR to be guilty IMO. If anything that showed MR being a caring and concerned parent I'm sure that it would be posted here, so far there hasn't been much to show that IMO. Each person is allowed to accept and apply information as they see fit, so many people want MR to not be guilty that his words are being twisted to fit that agenda as well. It goes both ways right?

I don't want any parent to be guilty of killing their child. But the reality is it happens all the time, I would say every day in this country alone a child dies by their parents' hand and that is a NAIVE guess. It's probably more like 10 or 20 ...... I can't imagine the last face a child sees is the one God gave them for protection in this world. I can't stand to think about it. But we've all seen it ,,, many times this month on WS alone. It happens. I'm still maybe one of the last holdouts of hope that our golden boy is on the trek of a lifetime ...... but I'm not a fool. I won't say MR put himself in the hot seat......but I will say he's done little , if anything, to remove himself from the hot seat.

eta Mother's Day for ER....... missing baby and just lost her mom. :( A horror no one deserves.

MOO

BBM... That's just it. It is supposed to be a story about hope for Dylan. Yet he doesn't even say his name. You can bet that if he would have asked for Dylan to be returned she should have posted it. Because saying something like "I have hope Dylan is alive and I want him home. Please just let him go" would go great with the tilte of renewed hope.

I will be happy to ask Melissa is she can share what else was said, if anything.

Note: the quoted part I made up. It is not anything MR has ever said.

MOO

I do not want to believe that MR is guilty, IMO that would be the worst kind of betrayal possible, a parent is supposed to love, nurture and protect their children, yet we see and hear daily of parents who harm or kill their children. I'm just not able to ignore the many red flags that point in his direction.

Are people over analysing his words or are people trying to comprehend why there is no mention of his missing son Dylan? Theres no plea for his return or information, it comes across as totally impersonal.

The story was about renewed hope for Redwine search so wouldn't it make sense to say Dylans name a few times? and that goes for both the reporter and MR.

The second bolded by me. I find this whole statement unnerving. It reminds me of Casey Anthony who said something like 'I just feel she is close to home.' It stands out to me that the first part of the statement says where MR thinks Dylan is and the second part states where he thinks the perpetrator is.

It kinda creeped me out too. Makes me want to go back and find archived footage of Ed Smart and Mark Klaas and compare not just what they said but how they said it.

Blessings on this Mother's Day to all, especially those who've lost mothers and children. Elaine, my heart aches for you.

Originally Posted by scorekeeper
BBM

But he did say this:

Mark Redwine says some of his own theories about the search for Dylan are changing.

"I guess I never thought he could still be in the Vallecito area," he said. "After this story broke, obviously it has come to light that it is not an uncommon thing for perpetrators of children to be close to where they go missing from."

http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...Redwine-search

Is this his reasoning for not searching day and night near his home for Dylan???

whoa..AnotherSetOfEyes

very interesting take on MR's comments

BBM... That's just it. It is supposed to be a story about hope for Dylan. Yet he doesn't even say his name. You can bet that if he would have asked for Dylan to be returned she should have posted it. Because saying something like "I have hope Dylan is alive and I want him home. Please just let him go" would go great with the tilte of renewed hope.

I will be happy to ask Melissa is she can share what else was said, if anything.

Note: the quoted part I made up. It is not anything MR has ever said.

I wonder if I went back through transcripts if Mark has EVER said Dylan's name!

So it's not a question of this one short soundbite, it's a complete accumulation of words and behaviors from day one that makes MR look guilty.

I don't 'want' MR to be guilty. I am just afraid that he is.

No one needs to twist his words,imo. They just come out in a strange twisted way, like a chopped word salad. JMO

That's three weeks ago. Do you have any information about anything more recent than that? Why haven't we heard about any search's since then?

As I understand it, they've been busy burying Dylan's grandmother.

Many of the Vallecito locals have informal searches every weekend, particularly since the thaw.

I should add that while I believe MR is the one and only real suspect, I am not convinced there will necessarily be an arrest in this case. Reaching the six-month mark soon, this case is joining the ranks of cases with an uncleared parent or parents, and nothing much LE can do about it.

I had been following another case since July. A young girl was missing and about 10 months later her rains were found and there was an arrest, so there is still hope. :)

Remains I meant. And let me clarify I don't hope that's the case with Dylan but if it is there is still hope he will be found an arrest made.

Remains I meant. And let me clarify I don't hope that's the case with Dylan but if it is there is still hope he will be found an arrest made.

Well, either way he is found, dead or alive, someone has disappeared him so yep, we all hope for an arrest. There is alot of speculation on what may have happened to Dylan but I doubt very many people are holding out for the "he ran away" scenario so yes, let's hope he is found soon and an arrest is imminent.

There seem to be several stories of bodies found lately (as opposed to in Nov/Dec) and I cannot tell if I'm noticing them because I am paying more attention to missing persons lately or if this time of year DOES uncover that which has been hidden in the winter.

Well, either way he is found, dead or alive, someone has disappeared him so yep, we all hope for an arrest. There is alot of speculation on what may have happened to Dylan but I doubt very many people are holding out for the "he ran away" scenario so yes, let's hope he is found soon and an arrest is imminent.

There seem to be several stories of bodies found lately (as opposed to in Nov/Dec) and I cannot tell if I'm noticing them because I am paying more attention to missing persons lately or if this time of year DOES uncover that which has been hidden in the winter.

I think the bodies are suddenly being found because it is Spring and hunters and Hikers are going out into the woods. I am praying for Dylan to be recovered, if he is hidden in the woods somewhere.

So let me pose a long shot question. A very long shot. In the unlikely event someone took Dylan to hide him but never intended for this long, how could they "unwind" this without spending many many years in prison? Is it possible the Perp never intended this to go on for this long but doesn't know how to resolve this without severe penalty? Would the DA consider a plea bargin in Exchange for the safe return of Dylan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member