Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And:
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121226/NEWS01/121229694/-1/s

The reward for information leading to solving the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who went missing from his father’s house in Vallecito on Nov. 19, now stands at $20,000.

“I just went to the bank this morning and deposited $4,000 more,” Denise Hess, an Ignacio resident and family friend who has led the community effort to find the youngster, said Wednesday.

The reward could go for a lead resulting in an arrest or information leading to Dylan’s whereabouts, Durango Police Department Officer Ron Wysocki said.

=============================================

She was the Volunteer Search Coordinator, and was in charge of the REWARD FUND in the bank account, and the SEARCH HDQTRS were inside her video store and she was the Administrator of the Find MIssing Dylan Redwine FBook.

So I have no problem BELIEVING HER when she said her updates were coming from Law Enforcement. Why are people having a hard time believing that now? I don't get it.

Bold and blue mine.

Because you haven't provided a single thing where Denise says her info on the postal sighting came from LE, despite being politely asked several times.

Bold and blue mine.

Because you haven't provided a single thing where Denise says her info on the postal sighting came from LE, despite being politely asked several times.

There were posts back then from her, saying these were updates from her LE liaison. I don't see those posts on there now. I doubt I was the only one to see them, but maybe so.

The point is, back in December, the lookalike kid came forward, and it was found that he was the one that people were mistaking for Dylan. Mark was aware of that situation, I am sure. He would have followed up on the sightings, correct?

There were posts back then from her, saying these were updates from her LE liaison. I don't see those posts on there now. I doubt I was the only one to see them, but maybe so.

The point is, back in December, the lookalike kid came forward, and it was found that he was the one that people were mistaking for Dylan. Mark was aware of that situation, I am sure. He would have followed up on the sightings, correct?

The point to me is that you can't substantiate any of your claims. I'm done with discussing this. Thank you.

Katydid23 - you are stating this as fact, when it shouldn't be. I see that you clarified about LE, but you also need to clarify about DH. DH was not the ONLY person in the community that came out help. DH stepped up and took charge and began to coordinate. But there were facebook pages and comments that went up right away, that DH, as far as I know, was not involved in.

This is not to say that DH did not do an AWESOME job, because she did, she really did. It is just to point out that there were others in the community that stepped up to the plate to help, not only to search, but to spread the word.

Salem

I don't know if this has been addressed but.... The BBM part is correct Kimberly Kay Bowman was the first to put up a page and then was asked to take it down because of the problems she had caused.

As far as other people helping to search the community came together to search. DH was the one who steped up and became the leader, so to speak.
MOO

Here's some backpack MSM statements to see what was said early on versus what has been said recently (Using blue & red to indicate differences). When I make sure I have all the statements, I'll copy/paste it in the Media/Timeline thread for future reference. Anyone have any edits/additions, let me know.

MSM –BACKPACK STATEMENTS

11-18-12 – Dylan arrives LaPlata County

11-19-12 – Dylan reported missing

11-20-12
“Apparently he had a black Hurley backpack when he arrived, and the father stated it was not at the house,” Bender said.
Link

11-25-12
Bender also repeated that Dylan is 5 feet tall, 105 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion. He was last seen wearing a blue-and-white “Duke Blue Devils” baseball cap, black Nike T-shirt, black shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and the backpack.
Link

12-02-12
When he (MR) returned at 11:30 a.m., he said Dylan was gone, as was his backpack. When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch."
Link

02-04-13
Mark Redwine:
... So when I didn’t come across his backpack immediately, I guess I didn’t think a whole lot of it because how much can he have in it? I mean, it’s a backpack… my guess is he had a few changes of clothes. You know there’s talk about his cell phone charger being in it. There’s not much in it. He didn’t bring his video games—he didn’t bring any of the things that he would do while he was here with me. So, I didn’t think much of it at the time.
M. Blasius Interview

02-26-13
When I got home, the TV was on and it was on one of the Nickelodeon channels that he’s always watching. I didn’t notice his backpack not being there. There was a fishing pole at the house and it was Dylan’s fishing pole. That fishing pole was never found.
Dr. Phil

06-02-13
Tricia’s Radio Show
T: When did you first find out that --or is it true that all of Dylan’s clothing and his iPod are missing?

MR: Well, to answer your question with a yes or no answer, yes, that’s true, but to clarify that, it wasn't ‘till, you know, a short time that law enforcement was aware of what was going on and was involved and I know that they immediately brought in some dogs to start tracking ya know, his movement, and try to figure out the direction that he was headed, and the question was posed to me, is his backpack here? and I'm like well I don't know, let me go look for it because I ..that's not something that I was looking for…so you know it probably took ..I wanna say the first day maybe even two before it was determined that yes, his backpack was not here..my only concern was Dylan and what have we got to do to find him…and where is he?

I was just rereading this, and imagining his reply to LE when they asked if the backpack was still there, and if he said " well I don't know, let me go look for it because I ..that's not something that I was looking for..."

Wouldn't that make the investigators a bit curious that he had never bothered to check for his missing son's belongings ? :what:

I've no doubt a number of things made investigators a bit curious. :moo:

Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, is the last person identified as having seen Dylan. Mark Redwine told investigators he saw Dylan early Nov. 19 at his Vallecito home. The father ran errands in Durango, and when he returned four hours later, the boy was gone.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...-want-to-leave-no-stone-unturned’-in-search--

Here you go, this was dated 1/24/2013 well before the DP show. MR was the last person, no mail lady.

THANK YOU! Along with the all the other links that have discounted the few sitings this is an official LE new release dated Jan. 24th. Common sense tells me that means all sitings at that point have been discounted.

Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, is the last person identified as having seen Dylan.

IMO, no links, no msm's, no fb, just MOO..........with everything we have read/seen/heard/discussed it was obvious to many here that the postal lady was mistaken about the child she saw. It was obvious to many here, long, long ago. MR did in fact have a LE Liason that, according to him, he was speaking to on a regular basis. Many seemed to have felt that the postal lady was reading from some script for the DP show, she looked down, sounded off and it didn't come across as a normal speaking tone or her own words (all MOO).
MOO is that MR knew full well that LE had discounted that sighting. MOO is that MR brought the postal worker to DP's attention as a diversion. MOO is that MR wasted LE's time/energy/resources after the DP show by restating what was already discounted. MOO, precious time was wasted by LE having to retrace their steps and reinterview and issue a press release to, once again, publicly state that MR was the last known person to have Dylan, that the boys the postal worker referred to were NOT Dylan.

MOO, MR has repeatedly derailed, diverted and delayed the investigation on multiple occasions. MOO The biggest derailment is the insistence on a mediation between him and EH to "put their cards on the table", 200 days later is 199 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes too long to wait for "cards" to be put on the table, his cards should have already been out there.

Here's some backpack MSM statements to see what was said early on versus what has been said recently (Using blue & red to indicate differences). When I make sure I have all the statements, I'll copy/paste it in the Media/Timeline thread for future reference. Anyone have any edits/additions, let me know.

MSM –BACKPACK STATEMENTS

11-20-12
“Apparently he had a black Hurley backpack when he arrived, and the father stated it was not at the house,” Bender said.
Link

11-25-12
Bender also repeated that Dylan is 5 feet tall, 105 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion. He was last seen wearing a blue-and-white “Duke Blue Devils” baseball cap, black Nike T-shirt, black shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and the backpack.
Link

12-02-12
When he (MR) returned at 11:30 a.m., he said Dylan was gone, as was his backpack. When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch."
Link

02-04-13
Mark Redwine:
... So when I didn’t come across his backpack immediately, I guess I didn’t think a whole lot of it because how much can he have in it? I mean, it’s a backpack… my guess is he had a few changes of clothes. You know there’s talk about his cell phone charger being in it. There’s not much in it. He didn’t bring his video games—he didn’t bring any of the things that he would do while he was here with me. So, I didn’t think much of it at the time.
M. Blasius Interview

02-26-13
When I got home, the TV was on and it was on one of the Nickelodeon channels that he’s always watching. I didn’t notice his backpack not being there. There was a fishing pole at the house and it was Dylan’s fishing pole. That fishing pole was never found.
Dr. Phil

06-02-13
Tricia’s Radio Show
T: When did you first find out that --or is it true that all of Dylan’s clothing and his iPod are missing?

MR: Well, to answer your question with a yes or no answer, yes, that’s true, but to clarify that, it wasn't ‘till, you know, a short time that law enforcement was aware of what was going on and was involved and I know that they immediately brought in some dogs to start tracking ya know, his movement, and try to figure out the direction that he was headed, and the question was posed to me, is his backpack here? and I'm like well I don't know, let me go look for it because I ..that's not something that I was looking for…so you know it probably took ..I wanna say the first day maybe even two before it was determined that yes, his backpack was not here..my only concern was Dylan and what have we got to do to find him…and where is he?
So it appears that Mark told LE that the backpack was missing very early in this case if a MSM story dated 11/20 say's that.

MSM –BACKPACK STATEMENTS

11-20-12
Link

11-25-12
Link

12-02-12
Link

02-04-13
Mark Redwine:
M. Blasius Interview

02-26-13
Dr. Phil

06-02-13
Tricia’s Radio Show

It appears that there is a different version each time. I wouldn't expect verbetim recollections, just the same ballpark. MOO.

Thank you so much for all that research!

So it appears that Mark told LE that the backpack was missing very early in this case if a MSM story dated 11/20 say's that.

Yes, and it also appears that MR noticed the backpack was missing as soon as MR returned home from his errands the day Dylan reportedly went missing per the 12-2-12 link - I can't see the exact date because I'm typing a response, but it's included there.

I hope to God in heaven that no parent of a missing child goes to facebook, instead of to LE, to get info on whether or not LE has nailed down the status of a sighting of their child.

My opinion.

I hope to God that the parent goes somewhere -- sounds like he didn't check either place, if what I'm reading is correct.

It appears that there is a different version each time. I wouldn't expect verbetim recollections, just the same ballpark. MOO.

Thank you so much for all that research!

This explains why he wont retake a poly and why he failed the first one!
All MVOPO

All I can say about what LE may have or may not have told Mark is that it's impossible to tell unless they release that information. I'm not going to guess that they are being totally honest with him and telling him everything that they have discovered in a timely fashion.

I don't care for anything Facebook. I think that Facebook is the cesspool of the internet and should be avoided at all costs. MOO.

Yes, and it also appears that MR noticed the backpack was missing as soon as MR returned home from his errands the day Dylan reportedly went missing per the 12-2-12 link - I can't see the exact date because I'm typing a response, but it's included there.

Thank you so much for finding all of this! Isn't that interesting...another big discrepancy in MR's statements.

I don't know if this has been addressed but.... The BBM part is correct Kimberly Kay Bowman was the first to put up a page and then was asked to take it down because of the problems she had caused.

As far as other people helping to search the community came together to search. DH was the one who steped up and became the leader, so to speak.
MOO

This is the article that mentions the request from the family.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/304734/42/-Dylan-Redwine-Facebook-page-deleted

On one hand, we can point out how he insults her, intentionally or not, that's how it comes across to some. And we can point out how she does the same to him (one example-Brandon is not her stepson and laying claim to that title was a slight to MR perhaps). And at the same time, we say they should talk to each other without a mediator. It's completely clear to me why these two people can not and should not talk to each other with out facilitation. JMO

Ohhhh, now that makes me sad -- I know it's probably just me, but I still remember that beautiful picture that was posted of Dylan and Elaine and Cory and Nick (Elaine's stepson) and Nick's new baby on the visit to Arizona Elaine took them on so that they could meet the newest member of their family. Related by blood or not, that's _family_ to me. (IMO, MOO).

The link is here, if anyone else wants to take a look:

http://news.gcu.edu/2012/12/search-continues-for-13-year-old-brother-of-gcu-enrollment-counselor/

Thank you so much for finding all of this! Isn't that interesting...another big discrepancy in MR's statements.

I wish I had the time to take each statement and do a side by side comparison, MOO is each interview would be a new version, not slight variations, totally new versions. Interesting.

Other early Facebooks pages? I do seem to recall one that went up right away, that DH wasn't involved with

However it was requested to be taken down by family

http://www.9news.com/news/article/304734/42/-Dylan-Redwine-Facebook-page-deleted-
Dylan Redwine Facebook page deleted

:twocents::twocents:

MOO

IMO, it's always best for Facebook pages to get prior approval from the family or to be set up by the family itself. :moo:

Fortunately DH was able to hit a homerun with FMDR. 27,000 likes and over $50K in reward money raised! I was so happy to see her efforts recognized with an Adult Role Model award.
http://durangoherald.com/article/20130505/LIFESTYLE04/130509758/

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members