Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
article-2237938-16323822000005DC-639_224x323.jpg

Also I hope this question won't start trouble , but it's been so painfully slow and quiet here for weeks and in the last day about 5 or more pages of posts have popped up . Is there something new? I tried to browse for a new tidbit but didn't see one. tks !

Also I hope this question won't start trouble , but it's been so painfully slow and quiet here for weeks and in the last day about 5 or more pages of posts have popped up . Is there something new? I tried to browse for a new tidbit but didn't see one. tks !

I think this week's activity was prompted by both parents going on Tricia's radio show Sunday.

Also the parents were meeting this week for mediation so there was discussion of that as well.

I think this week's activity was prompted by both parents going on Tricia's radio show Sunday.

Also the parents were meeting this week for mediation so there was discussion of that as well.

Oh right. Ok tks. Seems the thread was still quiet until yesterday or so but I think most were posting on the radio show thread instead. I'm falling behind :(

In the missing poster which photo best represents how Dylan looked when he went missing ?

ETA - besides the Walmart photo which is such a grainy photo to begin with .

Didn't EH mention on Tricia's show that there was a big search scheduled for mid June? Mid June is just a week away and I'm not seeing anything about it. It appears that efforts on the reservoir have been abandoned as well.

is EH expected to advise the public of each and every search? IIRC there was mention made on the FMDR page that they wouldn't be announcing rach search that was planned.

What sort of effort would you expect there to be after the last effort which was quite intensive?

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1162

Actually that does seem sorta like big news to me . I could not tell if you were being facetious or not . Any info for a criminal investigation from the dr phil show could not be related to someone OTHER than the participants on the dr phil as a perpetrator . Or at least it would seem that LE has focused on someone from the dr phil show as a perp. Do you see what I mean? Hmmm

SCHMAE I wasn't being facetious, what I meant was that there was that comment about it from Bender in MSM was ample information for the public, I'm sure it had been discussed here before now.

And yes IMO you have grasped exactly what it means about where LEs focus is.

is EH expected to advise the public of each and every search? IIRC there was mention made on the FMDR page that they wouldn't be announcing rach search that was planned.

What sort of effort would you expect there to be after the last effort which was quite intensive?

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1162

Oh no, I do understand that some efforts may be unannounced. This one, however was front and center on the radio show, therefore, I would expect to see/hear/read about it. As far as the water searches, I don't have a suggestion, just noting that no further efforts seem directed there. Has someone else stepped up as a volunteer search coordinator?

Pardon me for chiming in a little late on this conversation, but where are you getting that "everything he owned" was in Dylan's backpack?? Surely one backpack that size couldn't contain everything Dylan owned?? From the pics we've seen of Dylan with the backpack, both at the airport and Walmart, that backpack looked pretty light, not packed full. Not even a week's worth of clothes.
Just trying to clarify. TIA.

you've rasied a good point about the backpack and how much was in it. There have been discussions before about it but I wonder if we have any members (with sons similar in age to Dylan) who could put a weeks worth of clothes into a backpack and take a photo to give us some sort of indication of what might be in the backpack.

Most boys I know pack light at that age and theres always a washing machine if things need to be washed and worn again.

Oh no, I do understand that some efforts may be unannounced. This one, however was front and center on the radio show, therefore, I would expect to see/hear/read about it. As far as the water searches, I don't have a suggestion, just noting that no further efforts seem directed there. Has someone else stepped up as a volunteer search coordinator?

It depends on the media if stories are run or not, maybe just announcng it on the radio shot was enough for now.

I don't know if theres much more they can really do with the water searches, again we will have to wait and see.

I haven't heard of any change in who is the volunteer search coordinator, have I missed somethng there?

It depends on the media if stories are run or not, maybe just announcng it on the radio shot was enough for now.

I don't know if theres much more they can really do with the water searches, again we will have to wait and see.

I haven't heard of any change in who is the volunteer search coordinator, have I missed somethng there?

No, I don't think you missed anything at all. I know Denise Hess, functioned as the coordinator and given her health concerns, I wondered if someone else has stepped up since EH mentioned a large search was planned.

Also, with all the discussion yesterday about "official" facebook pages and its value for information about searches, I would think that a internet radio show would be insufficient. Jmo

No, I don't think you missed anything at all. I know Denise Hess, functioned as the coordinator and given her health concerns, I wondered if someone else has stepped up since EH mentioned a large search was planned.

Also, with all the discussion yesterday about "official" facebook pages and its value for information about searches, I would think that a internet radio show would be insufficient. Jmo

I haven't heard of anyone taking over from DH, I think having something to focus on besides her health is important.

I think it depends on the nature of the search, if they require outside volunteers or if it is something that LE are organising within the community eg using ATVs or horses for example.

To me, it's less about the tiny details of what MR has said, and more about the big discrepancies. From the articles quoted, it is clear to me that originally MR said he found the backpack missing after he got home that morning. (Whether as soon as he walked in the door, or just before he left to go looking for him doesn't make a difference to me - he said he knew it was gone.) Now he is saying that he didn't notice the backpack was missing until "a day or two later" and after LE asked him about it. That's a big difference in his story, in my mind.

Then there is the original story of going to T's house to check if Dylan was there and talking to T who said he hadn't seen Dylan. Which later became that he went to T's house and no one was there. Again, I find that a big difference in his story, not a minor inconsistency. Either you talked to someone, or you didn't. You aren't likely to forget that detail, IMO.

And a comment on an earlier post - I wasn't at all impressed by the fact that Mark admitted to Tricia that he has Wi-Fi. Why would he possibly lie about that? There are too many people - EH, CR, and LE just to name a few - who would already know the truthful answer to that question. To lie about it would have been incredibly stupid, IMO. That's a fact too easily checked out.

Again, this is all MOO and just my feelings. The big discrepancies in his stories is a major problem for me. As is the fact that we now know for sure that Dylan had two methods of texting - his phone and his touch - Wi-Fi he could access, chargers for both devices with him (per Elaine on Tricia's show,) and a land line; and yet he ceased all communications at 9:37 pm on Sunday night. This is clearly a kid who liked to text, and who was excited to meet his friends the next day. Per Mark's story he took time to have a bowl of cereal in the morning... so why in the world wouldn't he have called or texted someone during that time? That makes no sense to me, and is why I think something happened to him Sunday night shortly after that last text. I firmly believe that if he could have communicated, he would have - especially if he had time to eat and turn on the tv. In my experience from having raised 3 sons and being around their friends, kids who are avid texters check their phones first thing.

JMO, as always.

Ahhhh...a voice of reason! Thanks for this post :)

Actually that does seem sorta like big news to me . I could not tell if you were being facetious or not . Any info for a criminal investigation from the dr phil show could not be related to someone OTHER than the participants on the dr phil as a perpetrator . Or at least it would seem that LE has focused on someone from the dr phil show as a perp. Do you see what I mean? Hmmm

So true. If they had their sights on an RSO or anyone other than those on the show there would be no reason for them to watch the show or make those statements.

I haven't heard of anyone taking over from DH, I think having something to focus on besides her health is important.

I think it depends on the nature of the search, if they require outside volunteers or if it is something that LE are organising within the community eg using ATVs or horses for example.

From the radio show:

Tricia-Elaine, are there any searches planned, coming up, anything we could perhaps publicize for to to help get searchers there?

EH-Uh, we do have some searches planned. We're um trying to get the specifics now. We, we go up, um, quite often as a family and hit the trails and, and the mountains and the lakes and whatever is the point of interest. We are working on a massive search that will happen in mid June but I just don't have the details of that yet.

BBM-

It's a MASSIVE search that she mentioned. And in response to a question about helping get searchers out there. I do hope details will be forthcoming.

I think this big search and any other searches they may do from here on out should be kept quiet.

I'm going to assume they have a list of items that were in Dylan's backpack to give to the searchers so they can keep an eye out for them. It might be a good idea to put this information out to the public IMO because who would know if they stumbled across something that might be his otherwise? There are a few things that are known such as the ipod, cell phone (they never gave specifics did they?), chargers for both, a few specific articles of clothing and a description of the backpack. Surely he had more than that in the backpack?

I do agree that they may want to give dates of the search etc to the public to get more people to help. I think the details of WHERE should be kept quiet. And perhaps they already have enough searchers lined up and don't need any more?

I think this big search and any other searches they may do from here on out should be kept quiet.

I'm going to assume they have a list of items that were in Dylan's backpack to give to the searchers so they can keep an eye out for them. It might be a good idea to put this information out to the public IMO because who would know if they stumbled across something that might be his otherwise? There are a few things that are known such as the ipod, cell phone (they never gave specifics did they?), chargers for both, a few specific articles of clothing and a description of the backpack. Surely he had more than that in the backpack?

I'm not as certain on the first sentence in your post - I can see both keeping it quiet and making it public/involving media, etc.

I totally agree with the second paragraph of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic