CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband takes our kids safety quite seriously. If one of the kids is supposed to be somewhere and has made plans with my DH to pick them up, my DH is going to be very concerned if they are not there waiting. Concerned first, angry, second.

I cannot believe that Mark had no contact with him, and no idea where he was for SEVEN HOURS, and people are giving him a pass, by saying Men don't worry, men don't notice, no big deal. :no:

I feel like you aren't even trying to understand what I am saying. Not all people are the same. The way you would react, the things you would do, are not always as what other people would do. We can't measure people against ourselves. We can just say "if it were me" this is what I would do. I am not suspicious if someone doesn't act like I would. We can use our experiences to try to explain why we see something as possible, or impossible, probable, whatever but we can't use it to say someone is definitely in the wrong or definitely in the right either. We can only use it to TRY to understand.

I disagree. He got home at 11:30. He says he did not 'realize' D was not home until 2:30. Sounds to me like he slept longer than an hour.

I believe it says in the paragraph you posted that MR wasn't concerned when he got home and saw Dylan wasn't in the house. I don't remember reading that MR didn't realize Dylan wasn't inside the house.

I do not see any indication in any article what time he fell asleep or what time he woke up. What is consistent from interview to interview, IMO, is the length of the nap, and what time (2:30) he started to look for Dylan.

More interesting to me is 2:30-4:12, which is when R texted Dylan that MR was looking for him. That's 1 hour 42 minutes. It's ~6 miles to T's house per the Dr Phil show discussion, so lets say 10 minutes to get there. Does anyone remember how long a drive it is from MRs house to Bayfield, and does anyone want to take a stab at figuring out how long it would take to drive around the lake?

I would like to know if there is a reasonable timeframe to include driving around the lake on the way to Bayfield.

I feel like you aren't even trying to understand what I am saying. Not all people are the same. The way you would react, the things you would do, are not always as what other people would do. We can't measure people against ourselves. We can just say "if it were me" this is what I would do. I am not suspicious if someone doesn't act like I would. We can use our experiences to try to explain why we see something as possible, or impossible, probable, whatever but we can't use it to say someone is definitely in the wrong or definitely in the right either. We can only use it to TRY to understand.

I think situations happen like this when people first generalize, then people naturally tend to point out that is not always true.

He never said that he didn't notice his son was not there. He noticed he STILL wasn't there, back from where MR thought he may have been, fishing, hiking, roaming the countryside. Whatever MR thought he may have been doing that Dylan usually does when he is there and not with MR and not with his friends.

Now you are just parsing words. Mark came home, took a nap, and didn't notice Dylan was 'still' not home nor did he DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, until 2:30.

And why would he think that D was out roaming the countryside, when they had already made plans for him to go Bayfield. If he was going to hike.roam/fish, wouldn't he wait to do so w/his friends?

He tried to reach him earlier that day and got no reply. Then comes home, still no Dylan. So why wasn't he already concerned? It bothers me greatly that he waited until 2:30 to make an effort to find him.

Thank you; could you please provide an actual link?

I still had it open so here you go:

From the uncut interview with MB posted here on Websleuths: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8813297&postcount=79"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

You know, I spent 45 minutes… an hour… trying to get Dylan to wake up and, you know, and helping him… saying, you know, “Dylan, I’m going down,” ‘cos he had talked to me about going to see his friend, Ryan …that morning, but he wasn’t having no part of it… which is not uncommon for him. I mean, you can’t get him to bed and you can’t get him up. Pretty much how it is when he’s not at school to deal with, which is most of the time when he’s up here, although he had a school bus stop right down the street, so he could ride the bus from the school up here if I was home, or he could ride it to his mom’s house, which was a thing of beauty because her and I didn’t have to deal with transporting him.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91915"]Dealing with your fellow posters[/ame]

I suggest you all go to this link, read it, you are obviously breaking Rules here. I unapproved several.

You all know the rules!

Ima

Link, please.

MR described this in the extended MB interview. He spoke of how easy it had been for Dylan to catch the school bus to Vallecito IIRC. I don't think we have had any documented evidence of exactly how often Dylan visited there, apart from understanding it was obviously less time after he was moved 6 hours away from the area.
I think the amount of time spent at Vallecito has been underestimated - for both CR and Dylan, but we aren't likely to get clarification about that anytime soon. When CR was arguing with MR about where the fishing pole was supposedly located, it jumped out at me that CR must have been there recently, and not for just an isolated visit, to feel confident enough to tell MR where things are kept in his own home.
IMO a lot of what has been said in anger or frustration on both sides is turning out to be maybe not so black and white now. Remember when our threads here were choked up with posts about how MR probably bought a fishing pole at Walmart? That was all speculation because it had been suggested that Dylan didn't like to fish. Over time we have learned that he did in fact go fishing, enough times at least to warrant him having his very own fishing pole stored at MR's home, and one that his brother would recognise on sight.

BTW this I am NOT accusing anyone of being untruthful about this - just that statements are made by all parties on the spur of the moment, which then evolve with time when thoughts are clearer or calmer etc.
:moo:

If you are stating something as fact a link must be added as well to back up what you are saying. If someone asks that you provide a link, the right thing to do is provide it.

If you have questions you can pm me or any Mod.

Ima

Now you are just parsing words. Mark came home, took a nap, and didn't notice Dylan was 'still' not home nor did he DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, until 2:30.

And why would he think that D was out roaming the countryside, when they had already made plans for him to go Bayfield. If he was going to hike.roam/fish, wouldn't he wait to do so w/his friends?

He tried to reach him earlier that day and got no reply. Then comes home, still no Dylan. So why wasn't he already concerned? It bothers me greatly that he waited until 2:30 to make an effort to find him.

I think it's time to agree to disagree now.

If you are stating something as fact a link must be added as well to back up what you are saying. If someone asks that you provide a link, the right thing to do is provide it.

If you have questions you can pm me or any Mod.

Ima

Just to clarify a bit...

I'm not saying that you have to respond to a post asking this, just scroll on by if you don't have a link, or don't want to post it whatever. Of course without backup it doesn't mean its fact so its up to you of course. Don't say things like 'look it up' or 'google it' etc. Just don't say anything. Hope that helps.

Ima

IMO, I find it very interesting the number of people (general) who would not be concerned if their child wasn't home waiting for their return when plans had been in place. For me, it has been a real eye opener being here at WS. You have kids, teens, adults go missing all the time. You (general) should be concerned if your child isn't waiting for you, if you have plans set up. MOO. All my own opinion!

IMO, I find it very interesting the number of people (general) who would not be concerned if their child wasn't home waiting for their return when plans had been in place. For me, it has been a real eye opener being here at WS. You have kids, teens, adults go missing all the time. You (general) should be concerned if your child isn't waiting for you, if you have plans set up. MOO. All my own opinion!

I'm a worrier when my child isn't where I expected at the time I expected. And this has been an eye opener for me too. I have gone and taken a shower when my child was late/not answering texts. I think NOW about how my coping with my worry would be viewed if it turned out something happened to my child. I have to force myself to take a wait and see approach that my husband has naturally. Maybe that's why kids have two parents, often of differing temperaments.

I have been on a consulting assignment for the past few weeks and have not had access to a computer that would allow me to get to the site at all times. Just wanted to apologize to those who have asked for a response and I have not been timely in posting it. I also want to thank those who are aware of the situation and post responses and links in my absence. Should be returning home this weekend.

I am getting the feeling MR's new interest in being proactive is because possibly things are heating up for Mark in someway from LE. After 6 - 7 months it seems something is different & blaming the S/W's on Elaine is one think that make me thing that. I am not buying this sudden wanting to search in other places bit. Something is up ~ all JMO.

Dee10, I am getting that same vibe. Something is up. LE has gone quiet, MR has come out like he's searching for information he's not being provided. And private massive searches are in the works. So, I don't know if it's mothers intuition, a gut feeling, or a fathers tuition but I'm feeling it too. Is the length of MR's nap really that important in the greater scheme of things... I don't think so, it's just a story to fill the gaps. There was no nap, how can he prove it. JMO

I understand what you're saying. I think cultural differences play into this. I also think 20/20 hindsight is definitely a different perspective than when you're in the moment.

I would like to see the records of MR's attempts to contact Dylan on Monday. I think that could answer some of my questions.

Dee10, I am getting that same vibe. Something is up. LE has gone quiet, MR has come out like he's searching for information he's not being provided. And private massive searches are in the works. So, I don't know if it's mothers intuition, a gut feeling, or a fathers tuition but I'm feeling it too. Is the length of MR's nap really that important in the greater scheme of things... I don't think so, it's just a story to fill the gaps. There was no nap, how can he prove it. JMO

When the FBI is on a missing child case, they request local LE to be silent or to provide only limited information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member