CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricia's True Crime Radio Show is about to go on the air! Click the link in my signature line and listen in! Dateline's investigative reporter is our guest! :woot:

Saw this earlier & thought of you ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354496960.837188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I googled it, it's geographic. In the Pacific Northwest we had 113 on landlines! 411 became available later and I guess I just blanked on the period between when 411 came out and when I started using cells.

I've been sitting here laughing because I haven't called Information in years and because people claim their teens don't know what a phone book is. We have oodles of phone books in our house, because we get 4 new ones every year, from everywhere that is in our area code. We also get a yellow pages book, and I keep forgetting to throw the old ones away. We have our contact numbers in our phones, but there are businesses I need to look up a number for, doctor's offices, the hospitals, the courthouse, the tax office... all kinds of places.
Ok... I'm old, but I still think phone books are useful.

Did the kids Dylan were to meet up with Monday at 6:30 am ever say at what time they started calling/texting Dylan? If they were up waiting on him, I would think by 6:45 they would be texting, "where r u dude?"?

Also if dad and Dylan were going to be in Bayfield around 6:30 am, what time should they have left the house - 6:00/6:15 am? So dad probably got up around 5:30 or so; did he start immediately trying to wake Dylan?

But dad did not leave until 7:30 am - so my question is, if Dylan and his phone was at dad's house at 7:30 a.m., did dad hear Dylan's phone ring or ding for text?

NO because Dylan and his phone was not at the house....the phone had not been used/pinged since around 8 pm or later Sunday night.

SO the only thing I know is that Dylan did arrive at the airport and did text his mom and friends (or so I am led to believe from MSM).

Why doesn't any of this make sense? Because I don't want to think that dad may have only spent a small amount of time with Dylan before he disappeared???

Just ramblin' here...I think I am trying to come up with a solution to something that I only have pieces # 1, 6, 8, 12 of a 15 piece puzzle...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

"Originally Posted by luckylinda
JMO
Stresser for parent....recent move by parent. He will now have to pay child support when previously he did not because of joint custody. Non-custodial parent feels money will be used to buy luxuries and not used for child. Major financial stress."

Disagree. Of course we won't know anything until 2012 decree is opened. As I posted before, in Colorado, the moving parent pays all costs of travel. They are called "extraordinary expenses." At least in my situation of 2002.

Just an observation, I don't have much judgement on this but reflected...

In the first week we heard so much from Dylan's mom. It's been a number of days since I can recall hearing anything from her, though through the Find Dylan fb page the family friend posts updates on her trying to maintain hope. I think the last she was seen /heard was the vigil last week and possibly when when she said those not-so-kind things about dad (also the day they were searching the Lake, saying it was getting harder to keep hope alive).

MR has gone in the opposite direction.. he's come a long way from declining to speaking w/ABC News last Monday (11/26) and this:

Contacted Monday at his home, Mark Redwine declined to discuss the search for Dylan.

“I know they’re looking for my son, but I’d prefer not to say anything,” Redwine said at the door of his house. “I prefer to let the investigators do their work.”

I guess they weren't kidding when they said they're not on the same page, seems even publicly they're going in completely different directions.
Still despite my personal feelings on everything, I hope both of their ongoing cooperation is helping the investigation and keeping them going for Dylan as well as their own well-being.

Do we know if Dylan was carrying any cash (amount) and/or any credit cards?

Teenagers need a lot of sleep. Their bodies are growing, their bones are stretching. I remember when my niece and nephew were teens, every time I had a family get together at my house, they'd walk in the door and go climb in one of the beds at my house and sleep the entire day away.

My Colorado teens have never got up at 6:30 am on a non-school day unless it was for skiing or fishing. We've never heard an explanation as to WHY 6:30 am was the desired time to get up, either from MR or LE.

iPhones even when POWERED OFF can be remotely POWERED BACK ON from any computer or phone..and especially from the cell service provider.. I've done it multiple times on multiple different iPhones I've owned..it can be immediately powered on and pinged ..

Multiple threads on the official Apple forum say you can't:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3971911?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3957224?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4048787?start=0&tstart=0

My Colorado teens have never got up at 6:30 am on a non-school day unless it was for skiing or fishing. We've never heard an explanation as to WHY 6:30 am was the desired time to get up, either from MR or LE.

Maybe because dad had an appointment with his divorce attorney (unsure of the time) and/or errands he had to run and could take Dylan to his friends EARLY or Dylan would have had to wait until he returned. It does sound early, but depending how far away his "appointment" and "errands" were and how much time it would take to get there and back, that would be my guess as to why 6:30 a.m. was the desired time to get up.

It is so hard to talk about this case with so little information. All we can do is speculate on the little bit we have......I find myself checking in to look at the top of the page hoping it says found safe......

<snipped>

Just ramblin' here...I think I am trying to come up with a solution to something that I only have pieces # 1, 6, 8, 12 of a 15 piece puzzle...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

bbm - I feel like I'm trying to jam 50 puzzle pieces into a kid-sized 5 piece puzzle ... not that I have too many answers.... or any answers, for that matter.... just all of these dang scenarios and speculation galore with almost no facts and no confirmation.... still trying to fit every last puzzle piece into this tiny puzzle frame. No bueno.

The one thing I keep coming back to, in this case, is that one of the very few things that LE has said in their press releases, is that they believe this is a CRIMINAL case.
That means they have some kind of evidence that has not been made public, that Dylan either, never got to his father's house, or that he left his father's house with someone that morning.

Dad said he did call. Time will tell on that one when the phone records are examined.

Mark said he tried texting Dylan all afternoon in an area with spotty cellphone service

Read more: With Dylan Redwine missing for almost two weeks, dad clings to hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2DwssC823
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

This is supposedly after he arrived home at 11:30.

I want to know where that "area with spotty cellphone service" is!

I was referencing child support..not travel expenses. In texas child support can be 1/3 of spouse's
take-home pay. In Co. doesn't non-custodial parent pay child support every month? Many spouses
resent losing their total income. That is one reason for joint custody--------no one pays the other
spouse. Lots of salaries are garnished here. Of couse I believe iin enforcing support.
Am I missing your point? Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member