Found Deceased CO - Eric Pracht, 25, Lakewood, 22 July 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed, if not to add another rule-out! I am a new user and have never contacted LE through NamUs before :confused: Would someone else with that experience like to do it, or do you just call the number under the Investigating Agency? There’s no e-mail listed...

Agreed, if not to add another rule-out! I am a new user and have never contacted LE through NamUs before Would someone else with that experience like to do it, or do you just call the number under the Investigating Agency? There’s no e-mail listed...
Welcome to Websleuths, bombardier!

I remember being really nervous the first time I called LE about a possible lead in a missing person’s case. I’ve spoken with several different agencies since, and my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. When there is an email address available, that’s the first route I go, but if I don’t hear from them within a couple of days, I end up calling them until I get to talk to an actual human being :D (I’m just annoying like that).

Unfortunately, I was not able to find an email address on the Lakewood PD’s website.
Contact Us

On their Facebook page, I did find a couple of them, but one appears to be for recruiting purposes only (lpdrecruiting@lakewoodco.org), and as to the other one, it’s for sending photos or videos you want to share on their page.

They do have FB Messenger enabled, so if you use FB, that’s an option, IMO. I’ve communicated via FB Messenger with a couple of departments before, and both times, they got back to me within minutes, confirming that they got my message and answering questions I had unless hey were unable to for investigative purposes.
Lakewood Police Department

Also, the following comes from the “Find Eric Pracht” website:
With any information on Eric Pracht please contact Detective Tim Marquez with Lakewood Police Department at (303) 987-7111, Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP(7867), or by texting DMCS plus your message to 274637, or submit info online at https://metrodenvercrimestoppers.com/
Find Eric Pracht

The “Help Us Find Missing Paramedic Eric Pracht” FB has Messenger enabled, too, so if you want to reach out to the family, that’s an option as well (I have never contacted a family with a lead myself; I have called PI’s hires by families before).

It’s always a good idea to have the “Agency Case Number” handy, too.
Help Us Find Missing Paramedic Eric Pracht

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Please let me know if you need any help :).

I wonder if a PI would be beneficial to finding Eric? This is purely my theory and JMO, but I think his fiancé’s family is involved. After listening to Brainscratch’s YouTube videos, it just sounds like a very viable theory. Her parents wouldn’t even put up his flyers in their liquor store! That’s weird. I don’t think it was premeditated or planned. I don’t have a clue how it happened. I just feel Eric has passed away, and I think it was sudden. The sister left the apartment to go watch tv, yet passed her home up to do so. A sudden urge to watch tv when you’re in front of a tv??? That’s odd. Perhaps Eric was in that vehicle. Maybe it had a detour. Idk. Her family feels shady af. And, of course, they could all be totally innocent. That’s just my theory only. JMO

Welcome to Websleuths, bombardier!

I remember being really nervous the first time I called LE about a possible lead in a missing person’s case. I’ve spoken with several different agencies since, and my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. When there is an email address available, that’s the first route I go, but if I don’t hear from them within a couple of days, I end up calling them until I get to talk to an actual human being :D (I’m just annoying like that).

Unfortunately, I was not able to find an email address on the Lakewood PD’s website.
Contact Us

On their Facebook page, I did find a couple of them, but one appears to be for recruiting purposes only (lpdrecruiting@lakewoodco.org), and as to the other one, it’s for sending photos or videos you want to share on their page.

They do have FB Messenger enabled, so if you use FB, that’s an option, IMO. I’ve communicated via FB Messenger with a couple of departments before, and both times, they got back to me within minutes, confirming that they got my message and answering questions I had unless hey were unable to for investigative purposes.
Lakewood Police Department

Also, the following comes from the “Find Eric Pracht” website:
With any information on Eric Pracht please contact Detective Tim Marquez with Lakewood Police Department at (303) 987-7111, Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP(7867), or by texting DMCS plus your message to 274637, or submit info online at https://metrodenvercrimestoppers.com/
Find Eric Pracht

The “Help Us Find Missing Paramedic Eric Pracht” FB has Messenger enabled, too, so if you want to reach out to the family, that’s an option as well (I have never contacted a family with a lead myself; I have called PI’s hires by families before).

It’s always a good idea to have the “Agency Case Number” handy, too.
Help Us Find Missing Paramedic Eric Pracht

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Please let me know if you need any help :).

Thanks for the help, inmyhumbleopinion! I tried Lakewood PD's FB messenger first and they replied in a few hours, said they'd pass it along. (blocked out my name)
upload_2019-6-4_18-2-21.png

OMG! That is eerily similar. Do you think they’ve checked already? Might be something to contact the family and/or LE about.
There is a likeness for sure. I do think someone should contact LE re. this. Maybe they haven't considered it being Eric. (I'm in Canada and fairly new here so wouldn't have a clue how to)

Eric Pracht now has one exclusion on NamUs - the UID i submitted a few days ago! That was fast; wonder how they ruled him out?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
That really was fast!

My first guess as to how they were able to rule him out so quickly would be by comparing Eric’s dental records to the UID.

Since NamUs no longer shares information as to the availability of DNA or dentals for missing persons or UID’s with the general public, I’m not sure if Eric’s information has been submitted to LE; I would think that it has since he has been missing for almost three years. I will try to find out.

According to the articles below, the UID’s DNA profile has been entered into various databases, such as the Combined DNA Index System, the FBI's National DNA Index System, and the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System:
This is what the unidentified man whose body was found near Nederland in 2017 may have looked like

Facial Reconstruction Complete For Human Remains From Mud Lake

Again, as to the UID, my guess is that they do have a dental report, as the same two articles report that they have had both the skull and mandible in their possession since April of last year.

Also, it appears the UID now has 14 exclusions (including Eric); last Monday, there were only nine ;):
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thanks for the help, inmyhumbleopinion! I tried Lakewood PD's FB messenger first and they replied in a few hours, said they'd pass it along. (blocked out my name)
View attachment 187703
Good job in providing that tip. Better safe than sorry. I hope Eric's family also sees this and follows up to make sure he has been excluded.

I wonder if a PI would be beneficial to finding Eric? This is purely my theory and JMO, but I think his fiancé’s family is involved. After listening to Brainscratch’s YouTube videos, it just sounds like a very viable theory. Her parents wouldn’t even put up his flyers in their liquor store! That’s weird. I don’t think it was premeditated or planned. I don’t have a clue how it happened. I just feel Eric has passed away, and I think it was sudden. The sister left the apartment to go watch tv, yet passed her home up to do so. A sudden urge to watch tv when you’re in front of a tv??? That’s odd. Perhaps Eric was in that vehicle. Maybe it had a detour. Idk. Her family feels shady af. And, of course, they could all be totally innocent. That’s just my theory only. JMO

Eric’s family has done this previously, without any real concrete results. There were also some pretty suspicious cell phone activity that occurred months after he disappeared that should be investigated further as well imo.

Eric’s family has done this previously, without any real concrete results. There were also some pretty suspicious cell phone activity that occurred months after he disappeared that should be investigated further as well imo.
Oh, wow, suspicious cell phone activity! I hope they do investigate any little thing at all. I didn’t hear about this case until more recently, but he hasn’t left my mind ever since. He seems like such a genuinely wonderful person. If things happened as I think they may have, then unless a family member talks, I don’t know that we’ll ever know what happened. Eric is a wonderful caring and giving person. His family deserve to know what really happened. I’ll never buy the wandering off getting lost theory. Not unless he’s found and it’s clear that is what happened. Anyway, all jmo.

Lakewood Police are asking for the public’s help to find a man who went missing since July of 2016.

In 2016, we first reported that 25-year-old Eric Pracht disappeared for a walk, and even went without his shoes and keys.

According to police, he was last seen wearing a blue shirt and tan shorts. The last place Pracht was seen was near his apartment in the area of West Utah Avenue and West Alameda Parkway.

Lakewood Police ask for help to find paramedic missing since 2016

<bump>
no new information, no new namus ruleouts...
colorado only has 8 UIDs since july 2016 and none jump out at me. i still feel that eric's remains will be found close to his home.
( this is a case of partial remains found 2hr drive away, absolutely no info provided except "found with possessions" o_O would be great to know what possessions those were! )

<bump>
no new information, no new namus ruleouts...
colorado only has 8 UIDs since july 2016 and none jump out at me. i still feel that eric's remains will be found close to his home.
( this is a case of partial remains found 2hr drive away, absolutely no info provided except "found with possessions" o_O would be great to know what possessions those were! )
Found an article that appears to be about the UID (can only see the first paragraph due to a paywall):
“Human remains found in the Lost Park area”

Possible identification made pending positive scientific identification

By Walter L. Newton Editor
Aug 29, 2019
“Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 21, deputies were called to a property at 2348 Al Gulch Road in the Lost Park area off of County Road 77. Someone had discovered what appeared to be the remains of a male human body.” (BBM)
Human remains found in the Lost Park area

Found an article that appears to be about the UID (can only see the first paragraph due to a paywall):
“Human remains found in the Lost Park area”

Possible identification made pending positive scientific identification

By Walter L. Newton Editor
Aug 29, 2019
“Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 21, deputies were called to a property at 2348 Al Gulch Road in the Lost Park area off of County Road 77. Someone had discovered what appeared to be the remains of a male human body.” (BBM)
Human remains found in the Lost Park area
wow, thanks for finding this! i was trying to find more info but was getting logged down with how many 'jefferson counties' there seem to be in the US :D ... so, likely not Eric, someone else (probably living at that property/in that area) who's just waiting for the confirmation to come in/NamUs page to be taken down.

The vanished podcast mentioned some time after he disappears some one logged into his YouTube account from the Denver area and searched how to turn off GPS on a phone? Also suspicious Snapchat activity?

Up until that point listening to the podcast I would suspect his girl/her sister/the friend etc.... But after hearing this fact and if it's true I got a different take.

Just because he walked off with no shoes doesnt mean he didn't get some before going far. IMO it's not unusual for people in the medic field/LE/Fire/security professions to carry more than one pair of duty boots or other shoes. How do we know he didn't grab a pair from a vehicle, a porch, etc.... Maybe just maybe in this case he decided A) I don't wanna be with this woman B) I don't wanna be at these jobs anymore and C) Drinking or a whole new life sounds better?

If that's the case maybe he did make one last phone call to someone to get picked up and ditched out?

It seems to me he would be the only one logging into his YouTube and searching that in the city. If it was a suspect with his phone from foul play I believe they would just ditch the phone and never touch any of his accounts. I see no reason for his ex to do this search on his account??

That whole angle to me also explains LE stance on this case. Maybe they have enough clues making them think he is out there somewhere? Just my two cents

John Lordan does a nice job with Eric's case:

John Lordan also interviewed Eric Pracht's parents, and they provided some very interesting perspective on the girlfriend.

Basically, my impression is that the girlfriend was "two-faced," for lack of a better word right now. Like, she probably behaved one way in public, but had a completely different face in private. The parents mention a time Eric called his mom to say he couldn't take the girlfriend anymore. It was early in his career as a paramedic, he was working long days and nights, and he just wanted to relax with a beer and some of his buddies, but the girlfriend wouldn't let him, saying she never got to see him.

The parents also talk about how they were cool with the girlfriend, even after Eric's disappearance, but at some point, she completely and without warning blocked them out. When they texted to wish her a happy Thanksgiving (I think that was the holiday), she asked them to stop "harassing" her, and they've never spoken since.

The mom says they spent $8,000 to get a letter to the girlfriend through their respective lawyers, asking for Eric's belongings back, and her written response was that they could have only his phone (which the parents already had), but nothing else, since before Eric went missing, he said that if anything happened to him, she gets his stuff.

They also bring up a time when the girlfriend was allegedly observed ripping down missing posters of Eric at their housing complex, and brushing her hands together as if removing dust (they show the gesture).

I agree with the parents, that whatever happened that night occurred in the heat of the moment. But then again, the only things we know about that night come from the girlfriend, so I don't know reliable her story is. At any rate, I think she was possessive of Eric behind the scenes, and he kept it quiet to appease her, but also because he genuinely did love her. But maybe over the 4 months they were engaged, he was starting to rethink their relationship. If her story is accurate, then maybe that night, their argument over the Black Lives Matter movement led to a bigger fight that highlighted their differences, causing Eric to suggest they shouldn't get married or even be together. That was unacceptable to the girlfriend, and so she took matters into her own hands.

Just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back