CO Father of missing baby 25 years ago reaches out to parents of baby Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand the man wanting to help, but honestly, he could have dropped off a letter explaining who he is and how to contact him, so they could decide in their own time. This would not be an appropriate time to contact a scared and grieving family. (Yes grieving, their loss, regardless is Baby Lisa is alive or not.)

I'm also thinking they have been advised to keep all these "helpful offers" at bay, kook or not, until LE has moved forward a bit more. Who's to say it is not the kidnapper at your door? And we still do not know what was said to whom, or how it was handled or why.

I was on the fence,giving the parents the benefit of the doubt..but this spoke volumes to me..This gentlemen is a retired police officer and has started a missing person Org!! I would have welcomed him in my home with opened arms..he is their to help- not get in the way,I am sure being a retired PO -he knew his place with KCPD- The way he was treated was just down right rude and I am jumping to the ground with firm feet and standing next to Frankie..I believe now that at least one family member is involved here..When Mr.A shows up today and offers his help again and they turn him away again..it will speak loud and clear...There is something wrong here!!!JMO

This is Christopher's sister. I will try to clarify what I can. My Parents feel compelled to help after what they experienced. My Dad is a resource of information for them and can even help guide them. We know firsthand it is possible to have your baby kidnapped from their crib while sleeping, unbelievable as it is. We know what it is like to be accused of doing something to your child, and you didn't. We know what it is like being thrown into the media with every word you say critiqued and dealing with inacurate reporting. We know now the investigative side. We know how to deal with LE. Until you've walked in those shoes, you can not judge. But unfortunately this is what they've been dealt.

The family member who answered the door didn't give him a chance to talk, so I am certain that the parents didn't know who was extending help. My father is going to reach out to them again today.

Excellent! Tell him to keep on trying even if he has to talk to them through the press. I think the cases are very similar and I think it was a girl outside the home that took this baby.

thank you for clearing that up Denalves. thank you to your father also!

i feel like this family has made some mistakes, i can't imagine what they are going through. i hope your father gets to talk to them. it is shocking to me that these parents are being crucified this early in the game. damned if they do, damned if they don't for sure. i prefer to look at more evidence and not their actions before i hang them. i think they are BEYOND stressed and are making some poor choices. i can't blame them at all obviously.

In my families circumstances, we knew LE suspected family, and they should. But unfortunately they formed a myopic view early on and had tunnel vision. I remember them draining a lake nearby and my Mom said "They've burried my son already." We didn't know who took him, they didn't know. We didn't know the motive. We kept thinking someone had to have seen him and wanted him so desperately. And on top of it the agency LE you depend upon to "help" you, but they suspect you. My Parents have had 25 years of "experience" for lack of a better term.

Before criticizing the parents (or criticizing them further, I should say), those so inclined should read denalves's excellent post @ #53, this thread, particularly its last paragraph.

In my families circumstances, we knew LE suspected family, and they should. But unfortunately they formed a myopic view early on and had tunnel vision. I remember them draining a lake nearby and my Mom said "They've burried my son already." We didn't know who took him, they didn't know. We didn't know the motive. We kept thinking someone had to have seen him and wanted him so desperately. And on top of it the agency LE you depend upon to "help" you, but they suspect you. My Parents have had 25 years of "experience" for lack of a better term.

thank you for sharing!! it is a blessing to have you here. i'm so sorry your family had to go through this, words are not enough. :grouphug:

I understand the man wanting to help, but honestly, he could have dropped off a letter explaining who he is and how to contact him, so they could decide in their own time. This would not be an appropriate time to contact a scared and grieving family. (Yes grieving, their loss, regardless is Baby Lisa is alive or not.)

I'm also thinking they have been advised to keep all these "helpful offers" at bay, kook or not, until LE has moved forward a bit more. Who's to say it is not the kidnapper at your door? And we still do not know what was said to whom, or how it was handled or why.

My father did atempt to contact the family by other means, but with no luck. He decided to go to the house because we know TIME is important right now. Each day that passes is one more day that the kidnapper is getting away with this and you don't have your baby and are living this nightmare.

My father did atempt to contact the family by other means, but with no luck. He decided to go to the house because we know TIME is important right now. Each day that passes is one more day that the kidnapper is getting away with this and you don't have your baby and are living this nightmare.

I understand, and thank you for explaining.

As stated above, they have no idea who anyone is. Perhaps your father can put together some information and a letter explaining to them. I don't think just calling or knocking would get a response from anyone as there must be a great deal of fear and of course what they are struggling through. I do think a lot has already happened that may make it even more difficult for them to be sure who to talk with and who not to. Just a suggestion, and I am very sorry about your brother and what your family has been through.

Just want you to know when I made the post that ended up being the start of this thread there was no article out about your father. All there was was the tweet from the reporter.

Accept the offer of a former LEO and current PI from a big city with a lot of crime= making it into a circus.

A non-parent not hearing out a man at their door= they don't want to find Lisa.

:waitasec:

Thank you Denalves for all your insights. It makes me wonder if anyone has leaned on JI or researched if he had any affairs.

Has news conference been changed?
And now KMBC is reporting the PI will talk to the media shortly. A merry mix-up. Check nusebeeme's presser thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151509"]14 october 2011 press conference - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The family member who answered the door didn't give him a chance to talk, so I am certain that the parents didn't know who was extending help. My father is going to reach out to them again today.

Respectfully snipped

Bless your Dad for trying to help. I hope the parents are more sensitive to him the next time he extends himself. The least they could do is say "no thank you" if they are directed by their "entourage" not to speak with him!

I am not going to make any judgments based on a media report. Who knows what's going on inside this investigation?
The family may not even know who this man is, or what he went through. They may not be getting all the information.

Then they need to ask questions,as I said, they arent as naive as they are pretending to be. Its not rocket science to ask someone if they know how to find an organization. NO ONE that i know hasnt read about or watch the CA case, there are kids abducted all the time, you have FOX, CNN etc that has Klaas on all the time for something, HLN etc. There is the internet, DB had internet capabilities. Unless she spent all her time on farmville and can use that as an excuse as to not knowing what does on in the world, then i dont know.

Probably not a great idea to just show up at the door.He maybe should have contacted the media, and offered his services before travelling from Colorado. But, he does sound like a great resource..... MOO

The reporter on the local Fox station got a few facts incorrect. They are going to do that. The reporter said 6 kids sleeping in the house the night of my brothers disappearance. No, Christopher has 6 siblings per the website (which I am sure is where he got the info), but only 3 of us were home the night of the kidnapping. The reporter said my Father was a former Police Commisioner. My Dad did work for LE years before Christophers kidnapping in a civil service capacity on a board for the Police Commissioner. He said he was President of the National Center for Missing Children. No, he formed Families of Missing Children. Interestingly, we have dealt with the media for years and they are going to get some of their facts wrong, but I can see if someone has never dealt with media and saw the report, they would be turned off by talking to the media because it is frustrating that the facts may not be the facts.

Live on tv kmbc dont know of link

Strike that appears to be just a man who looked A LOT like him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back