CO CO - Fort Collins, BlkFem UP9890, 55-70, suicide in motel room, Jul'11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the police report, she took a taxi to the motel 9 from a hotel across the street. She told the taxi driver that she had left her husband and had estranged family in either illinois or missouri. Not sure if posting the report would be allowed here.
I saw it in the dropbox that you posted! Thank you sooo much for doing that. It's an incredible resource!

I saw it in the dropbox that you posted! Thank you sooo much for doing that. It's an incredible resource!
Completely forgot about that. I think this baby is absorbing all of my brain cells.

I was looking at Ellen Townsend missing from Tennessee because age was around 70 in 2011, and the height was right. However no mention of scars, I was also looking at Laronde Bronson missing from Oregon because of scar on her chin. Obviously a lot can happen when missing since 1982. She could have walked away from her old life and created a new life.

On July 11, 2011, the Larimer County Coroner’s Office responded to a local hotel in Fort Collins, Colorado, to investigate the death of an unidentified African American female approximately 70-years-old. The decedent checked in with a name and address that was later discovered to be false information. Since then, all attempts at identifying the decedent have failed and no family was ever located.

This year, with the help of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and advancements in genetic genealogy, the decedent was identified, and her family was located.

The decedent is identified as 72-year-old Barbara Jean LEWIS of Los Angeles, CA.

"I deeply appreciate our partners at the CBI for their innovative problem-solving and application of forensic genealogy. Identifying Ms. Lewis brings bittersweet relief to her family and hope to others working on similar identifications."

-Stephen Hanks, J.D. Larimer County Coroner

Our office would like to thank the Colorado Bureau of Investigation along with the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office for their tireless efforts in identifying the decedent and bringing closure to her loved ones.

“We would like to express our gratitude for all the efforts in providing us with the essential information about our loved one, and for helping to bring much-needed closure to a very long and challenging chapter in Barbara's life.”

-Family of Barbara Jean Lewis

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena
Back