Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, LE tries as little as possible to interact with prisoners during these transports. My cousin is LE and has had to do these extraditions, and he says they only interact with prisoners when necessary. Restroom breaks, meals etc. they need to be very careful of all interactions because it can really effect the case. So all the talk of TS, driving them crazy is likely not happening.

MOO
That's what I was thinking. These LE pros in prisoner transfers are probably used to people in the back of the van mumbling away. I doubt they spend the day replying, "What's that again, ma'am?"

Wow, she can't have been able to sleep much. Maybe they are wearing her down.

Also, 5'7" for height?... That doesn't seem correct to me. Not important really, just something I noticed.
since this is a special case im sure she was put in a solitary confinement cell all by herself and all she probably did do is sleep.....they are giving her plenty of time to reflect on things that's for sure!!

QUESTION: Do we know the exact date that the video was made known to AS?? If so, was this before or after the car rental?

I didnt see if this had been answered, but I know the video was "found" 6 days later and Al was told that morning.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News that after the search for Gannon intensified late last week, he decided to search through the footage his system recorded from the day Stauch was reported missing.​

ABC I think first showed a video of him sitting on the couch holding his young child and talked about the timeline of looking at the tape but I can't find that video now, but that quote above I indented comes from here https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0200205-7pgo7ggqxvdddaybgjipd7ai3i-story.html

The criminal justice system is filled with child killing people who claim innocence or being framed by LE. This woman will be one more who will probably go to her grave swearing her innocence.

It is hard watching all of these cases where people who have killed a child refuse to take responsibility even when a state proves its case.

I don't think this killer will ever be able to tell the truth. Any words that leave her lips will be another attempt to refocus the blame for Gannon's death on someone else. I have been horrified and amused at the things she has spouted from the beginning.

I am going to refocus my thinking and problem solving on where she could have stashed/disposed of Gannon. For me, tracking her and listening to her is a waste of my time except if I want to laugh at the absurdity of her commentary.

I am anxiously awaiting the documents that were used to get the warrant against her. That is truly information that will be sad to read but helpful in thinking about where Gannon is.

It reminds me of Emily Dufrese who even tried blaming an 8 year old for beating a 2 year old to death. Some parents have taken it too far. I am a parent who admits I've crossed a line from discipline to punishment bordering on abuse when I lost it on my kids. So when a parent that is obviously overwhelmed and also has either substance abuse issues or mental issues or emotional issues does something like this, I think the reason some of them freak out so badly is that they don't admit they need more help and more support in first place. In the interview with Enliy Dufrese the police office was a woman and kept saying "I'm a mom, we lose it sometimes, come on, we know what happened."

Both ED and LS were step mothers taking care of another woman's child. And they seemed to pride themselves on being the good mother who took care of the bad mother's child. I think they are enraged with bitterness that they are the one who lost their cool while the other mother gets to be the hero in the story. Because of this they will never admit the truth..

This is a hypothetical question:

If TS had shown the video taken on Sunday night with the "pinky swear" to the investigating offers on Monday night, what do you think their reaction was? TS may have thought that this would prove that Gannon had run away not realizing the impact the video would have on most viewers.

I think after they got out of hearing range of TS:

Officer 1: I have a bad feeling about this.
Officer 2: I am going to check her prior arrests.

MOO only: I think LE had a strong suspicion as early as Monday night that this was not a runaway case.

After learning she was released at 2am to continue the journey, I believe it was just to kill a few hours as to avoid the media and protesters. When I said something else is up, I meant something other than stopping for bedtime. Whatever the case, I’m glad she’s released probably already inside her new home (at least for a few month) of the El Paso county Jail. Then we hope next stop is State Prison for life + 156
Well, her attorney must have spoken to her at some point. I just don't know if that would have been in person or over the phone or how they would have communicated.
After her complaining about not having an attorney in court the other day, I would think they would want to make sure she had one and was prepared for the hearing today. Jmo

Could it be the 2 x 4 is a floor board? Sorry if that super dumb question, I am obviously not very handy! But what if she hurt him and he bled onto the carpet....so she either set up the candle burning incident or just plain lied about and it never happened (she never does mention a candle in the video?) - she just needed an excuse to pull the carpet up. Then she discovered it's soaked to the floor board. Could she have pulled the floor board up and put it in the back of the truck? Could that be thing she is carrying to the truck when it's parked on the curb?

2x4 is unlikely to be floorboard, floorboards are not usually 2 inches thick

That's what I was thinking. These LE pros in prisoner transfers are probably used to people in the back of the van mumbling away. I doubt they spend the day replying, "What's that again, ma'am?"
Yes, and they are very very professional with handling of prisoners. They are not trying to torture her or put her through discomfort the way I’ve seen Numerous posts indicate and hope for. LE are professional, well trained people, who go by the book in their handling of prisoners. Not to say there aren’t a few bad apples.

MOO

Well, her attorney must have spoken to her at some point. I just don't know if that would have been in person or over the phone or how they would have communicated.
After her complaining about not having an attorney in court the other day, I would think they would want to make sure she had one and was prepared for the hearing today. Jmo
Maybe, maybe not. It’s much more likely that she will be talking to and meeting with her attorney today for the first time.

I agree. She will not admit to anything unless presented with irrefutable proof, and then try to plea. That’s the only way she will give up the location of GS body.....if she gets something out of it.

she has already been setting up her case of LE abusing power. Her stories of LE in her first interview given with Spencer (forgot last name) and also her complaints about not getting an attorney during the extradition hearing are clear indications of this.
JMHO

And complaints about them letting people in the house making it a tainted crime scene.

She isn't nearly as dumb as people think.

Letecia Stauch leaves Kansas jail, en route to Colorado Springs

SABBM:

She was removed from the roster of current inmates sometime between 3 and 4 a.m. Mountain Time Thursday.

It takes about six hours to drive from the Saline County jail to the El Paso County jail. There’s no word on when Stauch is expected to arrive in Colorado Springs.

She should be pulling in any time now.

"Welcome home, T!"

And by home, of course, I mean the 6' x 8' cell you'll be locked inside for the rest of your miserable life.

JMO.

Last edited:
After learning she was released at 2am to continue the journey, I believe it was just to kill a few hours as to avoid the media and protesters. When I said something else is up, I meant something other than stopping for bedtime. Whatever the case, I’m glad she’s released probably already inside her new home (at least for a few month) of the El Paso county Jail. Then we hope next stop is State Prison for life + 156

There's also the possibility that the transporters took the opportunity to get TS to STFU. Can you guys imagine? Their ears were probably burning with the excuses, self-pity, and flirting.

This is a hypothetical question:

If TS had shown the video taken on Sunday night with the "pinky swear" to the investigating offers on Monday night, what do you think their reaction was? TS may have thought that this would prove that Gannon had run away not realizing the impact the video would have on most viewers.

I think after they got out of hearing range of TS:

Officer 1: I have a bad feeling about this.
Officer 2: I am going to check her prior arrests.

MOO only: I think LE had a strong suspicion as early as Monday night that this was not a runaway case.
If that was the case they would have declared this as endangered and missing much sooner. The protocol used for a runaway is very different from missing and endangered. With the latter they have the ability to utilize other LE departments, which they just can’t in a runaway case. The fact they didn’t declare this as a missing endangered case much sooner, is a huge misstep by LE in my opinion.

Maybe, maybe not. It’s much more likely that she will be talking to and meeting with her attorney today for the first time.
I would think an attorney at least consulted with her since it is stated in the document that 'Letecia Stauch' is requesting no media.

Otherwise TS could say, 'I never said that and I never spoke to any lawyer.'

Jmo

Curious if they were fixing the house. The "accidental burning carpet" video shows disjointed images but the house looks kind of sparse to me. I'm wondering if she was using the 2x4 to measure something and Gannon angered her. The reason I think of this is that brooms and pieces of wood are often used to measure not for expert exact measurement but if you want to move a piece of furniture to another part of the room and want to make sure it fits.

Does anyone know what I mean? You just take the broom and use the handle sideways to measure the width of the piece of furniture and then go to the other wall area or corner etc and see if it will fit.

If she was frustrated with him and he was sitting on the floor and she was using the 2x4 to measure something and lets say he DID knock the candle over and she turned around and slammed him over the head. I say this because a similar thing happened to me as a kid where my older sister was sweeping an attic floor and we were fighting because she wouldn't play barbies with me. (I was about 8 and she was 10) I was sitting on the floor and I snapped her across the legs with a set of plastic beads which I'm sure hurt. But she instinctively turned around and slammed me over the head with the broom. (Our mom was nutso so we tried ourselves to stop the bleeding but in the end they had to take me for stitches.)

Now a 10 year old wielding a broom from above is nowhere near as forceful as an adult with a 2v4 and my sister wasn't even that violent, she just reacted in anger. I'm wondering if LS was using the 2x4 for a something and he was sitting on the floor. He knocks the candle over and she flips out and turns around and slams him over the head. Then stomps out the burn or wax and goes to put the board in the garage.

Not realizing that she's knocked him nearly unconscious and he's lying on the floor bleeding into the carpet. Hence the blood stain. Hence the blood on the 2x4 Maybe when she came back in the room she realized what she did and grabbed a sock to hold on his head and took him into the bathroom and she got the bleeding to stop and thought she'd gotten lucky, not realizing she'd given him a concussion.

She makes the cover up video. Makes up the lie abut the doctors appointment the next day. Keeps him home from school. The kid is doomed because Dad is out of town. And then she drags him out of the house with her the next day and he finally dies in the truck.

MOO I'm curious about if they were moving or decorating the house.
Personally, I don’t think she used the board to strike him. We heard that a board and one of his socks had blood on them so I believe he was bleeding and it got on the board somehow. Remember her story about how he was helping her unload the car, he cut his foot, she sat him on the edge of the car to bandage it and after that he kept going to the side of the house to check the gate? I think something happened in the garage causing him to bleed and perhaps he was going to the gate to escape her. Her story could be to explain blood by the gate or driveway and also any activity that may have been caught on a home security camera. JMO I haven’t thought it allll the way through but I cannot bear the thought of GS being hit with a 2x4.
CSU took a lot of photos in that garage,too.

There's also the possibility that the transporters took the opportunity to get TS to STFU. Can you guys imagine? Their ears were probably burning with the excuses, self-pity, and flirting.

That is simply not how LE works in prisoner transports. It is much more likely they have had very little interaction with TS, other than what is necessary. With these transports, everything is planned out before hand. Every stop for bathroom breaks, every stop for LE breaks, every stop for overnight breaks.

It is not just the volume of blood. It is what the blood contains. It could contain brain fluid. In another case all LE found was part of a baseball bat with blood and brain matter on it. Forensic scientists are very good a painting a picture of a victim's final moments and cause of death without a body.

T is going down.

Yeah but if brain fluid is leaking from your head, you are not walking to the car so there has to be an injury at home with saucer sized blood pool in his bedroom and blood in the garage that wasnt severe enough to stop him from walking, made her confident enough that he could be seen in public even just by a neighbor or if she got pulled over, and then she injured him a 3rd time but fatally in an outdoor location and something like brain matter was found.

I think that sounds too convoluted to be true. There are too many things going on in that scenario and I think the simplest explanation is most likely. She got pissed on Sunday about something. She resents having to take care of Als kids. She flies off the handle and Gannon gets mortally wounded and dies at home leaving a large puddle of blood in his bedroom.

I would think an attorney at least consulted with her since it is stated in the document that 'Letecia Stauch' is requesting no media.

Otherwise TS could say, 'I never said that and I never spoke to any lawyer.'

Jmo
You could be right. I think that attorneys have standard requests from the get go. Like unsealing warrants and arrest affidavits upon first hearing and no defense attorney ever wants media. Pretty standard request.
Of course she could’ve spoken to an attorney too.

edit- just wanted to add, I enjoy your posts. They are always logical, fact based and well thought out. Appreciate it especially in this case where rumors are presented with no backup proof.

That is simply not how LE works in prisoner transports. It is much more likely they have had very little interaction with TS, other than what is necessary. With these transports, everything is planned out before hand. Every stop for bathroom breaks, every stop for LE breaks, every stop for overnight breaks.

My comment was a tongue in cheek comment. Too early! Lighten up! I don't know how they'd muzzle her anyway, the Judge even told her to stop talking...but maybe she's in the back of a van and away from the chaperones. I'm sure their stop was meticulously planned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64