Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don’t think she used the board to strike him. We heard that a board and one of his socks had blood on them so I believe he was bleeding and it got on the board somehow. Remember her story about how he was helping her unload the car, he cut his foot, she sat him on the edge of the car to bandage it and after that he kept going to the side of the house to check the gate? I think something happened in the garage causing him to bleed and perhaps he was going to the gate to escape her. Her story could be to explain blood by the gate or driveway and also any activity that may have been caught on a home security camera. JMO I haven’t thought it allll the way through but I cannot bear the thought of GS being hit with a 2x4.
CSU took a lot of photos in that garage,too.

The reason I think she hit him with the board is that they found it in the woods. She'd have no reason to dispose of it otherwise. One sock and board she took the trouble to hide in the woods?

And her lies don't add up. Remember she didn't say anything about his hurting his foot before they found the blood in the garage.

So prior to that she had every reason to mention it if he hurt his foot. He stayed home from school because he felt sick. If he hurt his foot wouldn't she mention "He'd also hurt his foot so I wanted him to have a chance to recover."

On top of that she took him HIKING the day after she now says he hurt his foot? How does that match up. She never mentioned him hurting his foot prior to hiking. A. And B. Why woudl you take a kid hiking of all things if he hurt his foot.

She's after the fact trying to explain evidence away. I have three sons and I can't tell you how many piles of socks I've picked up while they are sitting on the couch or on the floor in front of their video games. Shoes by the door but somehow the socks come off while playing games. So that's why I think she grabbed the sock after she hit him.

I just can't figure out why she would have a 2x4.

Her story about the trip to the Hiking was a way for her to show AS that she and the kids were getting along great after he left. It wasn't part of an alibi. It was a way of her showing that everything was fine at home to AS even though it probably wasn't.

MOO

I would think an attorney at least consulted with her since it is stated in the document that 'Letecia Stauch' is requesting no media.

Otherwise TS could say, 'I never said that and I never spoke to any lawyer.'

Jmo

I went to bed last night and am terribly behind. May I ask what document to which you are referring? TIA

Personally, I don’t think she used the board to strike him. We heard that a board and one of his socks had blood on them so I believe he was bleeding and it got on the board somehow. Remember her story about how he was helping her unload the car, he cut his foot, she sat him on the edge of the car to bandage it and after that he kept going to the side of the house to check the gate? I think something happened in the garage causing him to bleed and perhaps he was going to the gate to escape her. Her story could be to explain blood by the gate or driveway and also any activity that may have been caught on a home security camera. JMO I haven’t thought it allll the way through but I cannot bear the thought of GS being hit with a 2x4.
CSU took a lot of photos in that garage,too.
There was no mention of blood on the sock, only on the 2X4 IIRC. And no description of the amount of blood...drips, splotches, etc. But the rest of your theory is as valid as anyone else's.

i
And complaints about them letting people in the house making it a tainted crime scene.

She isn't nearly as dumb as people think.

i agree Tee isn't dumb her problem is she thinks she is smarter than she is and that was her downfall.
she has probably watched a lot of crime shows and believed her plan was perfect, lots of misdirection, the removal of incriminating evidence etc, she just failed to consider that LE have people who are smarter and know more about crime scenes and evidence collection than she does.
thank god

I think that sounds too convoluted to be true. There are too many things going on in that scenario and I think the simplest explanation is most likely. She got pissed on Sunday about something. She resents having to take care of Als kids. She flies off the handle and Gannon gets mortally wounded and dies at home leaving a large puddle of blood in his bedroom.

How does that explain him walking to the truck on Monday?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking. These LE pros in prisoner transfers are probably used to people in the back of the van mumbling away. I doubt they spend the day replying, "What's that again, ma'am?"
did yall see the video of when they transported Scott Peterson back, he was brought back in a car with the detectives that worked on his case, Im wondering since at the Press Conference the DA said they had a team in SC investigating when she was arrested if they are bringing her back in a car by the LE that was already there? that way they can get a chance to see if she will talk.....just wondering iuf that's the case....

The reason I think she hit him with the board is that they found it in the woods. She'd have no reason to dispose of it otherwise. One sock and board she took the trouble to hide in the woods?

And her lies don't add up. Remember she didn't say anything about his hurting his foot before they found the blood in the garage.

So prior to that she had every reason to mention it if he hurt his foot. He stayed home from school because he felt sick. If he hurt his foot wouldn't she mention "He'd also hurt his foot so I wanted him to have a chance to recover."

On top of that she took him HIKING the day after she now says he hurt his foot? How does that match up. She never mentioned him hurting his foot prior to hiking. A. And B. Why woudl you take a kid hiking of all things if he hurt his foot.

She's after the fact trying to explain evidence away. I have three sons and I can't tell you how many piles of socks I've picked up while they are sitting on the couch or on the floor in front of their video games. Shoes by the door but somehow the socks come off while playing games.

Her story about the trip to the Hiking was a way for her to show AS that she and the kids were getting along great after he left. It wasn't part of an alibi. It was a way of her showing that everything was fine at home to AS even though it probably wasn't.
I agree. She went to the trouble of trying to explain away the board. There has to be a reason for that. It’s a bloody board, logical conclusion it must’ve been used. At first I questioned if the board would’ve been used, but hard to come up with a reason why not, considering it had blood on it. Of course this info came from TS, so who even knows if it’s truth or just something she planted to the public to cause confusion.

MOO

In all my years of woodworking, (20+) I have never everrrr put scrap wood in the back of a truck to bring somewhere to dispose of. Ever! We make a pile in the back yard and use it for small bonfires, to roast marshmellows or hot dogs with the kids. I make small and large items and I've never had so much scrap that I've needed to bring it to the road for the city to pick up. Thats def a T-lie, T-splain. I don't think she hurt him with the board, BUT I could be wrong. I think his blood may have leaked/dripped on it and she knew she had to dispose of it. MOO, IMO, ETC.

Yeah that could be too. The board could have just been in the garage and got blood on it. When we've had even a little bit of wood put outside usually people take it. Lumber is expensive and a lot of hobbyist types always see a use for wood. You definitely dont drive to the woods to return wood to nature. It's illegal and it would be a stupid use of time

So, she told us he cut his foot in the garage. AS told her they found a bloody sock and a bloody board. That's why she told us that story.
Who would feel the need to dispose of the sock and board if it was an innocent injury?
I've said it before and I'll say it again. She's an idiot!
I fully expect her to give an interview while in jail. She just can't help herself imo.
Also, I'm leaning more towards TS having planned this. It seems like causing AS to suffer immensely was her goal. jmo

I think the board was in the truck already, and that she used it to kill him when they were out and about. The arrest came soon after the board/sock discovery it seems, so I think there was evidence of death along with the board and sock (massive amount of blood/brain matter/decomp hit with the dogs/foam or chemicals from gasses on the sock). I don’t believe he died in the house, I think it was either in the truck, or she had him get out of the car somewhere and killed him.

It has taken me a while to come to this conclusion, but I kind of agree there. Whatever happened back home would have cost her everything anyway, so she takes him out in the woods and puts him down like an injured animal. Like most of us, I think, I'm really interested in reviewing the probable cause affidavit, or arrest warrant, or whatever Colorado equivalent contains descriptions of evidence found.

did yall see the video of when they transported Scott Peterson back, he was brought back in a car with the detectives that worked on his case, Im wondering since at the Press Conference the DA said they had a team in SC investigating when she was arrested if they are bringing her back in a car by the LE that was already there? that way they can get a chance to see if she will talk.....just wondering iuf that's the case....
Don't you think they probably have audio and visual recording of the prisoners, while in the van? And elsewhere, I'd guess, if possible. I doubt that they are anything more than polite, but firm, and spend most of the drive thinking about their own families and work topics.

I wonder if this long trip to cs is making ts face her new reality of being alone this is going to be very different then any other time she’s been arrested she’s going to be in pc all alone with her mind .she knows the hatred towards her . I don’t think she’s going to handle it well at all. I hope they find gannon before she tries to deal then her only option is to plead guilty and take what the judge gives her

So, she told us he cut his foot in the garage. AS told her they found a bloody sock and a bloody board. That's why she told us that story.
Who would feel the need to dispose of the sock and board if it was an innocent injury?
I fully expect her to give an interview while in jail. She just can't help herself imo.
Also, I'm leaning more towards TS having planned this. It seems like causing AS to suffer immensely was her goal. jmo
I agree, I just don't see her personality type to just all of a sudden shut down, she will want to think she is smarter and can still beat this if she just tells a good enough lie, I believe she will talk and talk a lot!!

Here to offer some positive thoughts for sweet Gannon:

We've had 4 sunny days in a row with temps of 50F+
For at least the next 10 days it's going to be 50-60F with no rain/snow

Disclaimer that CO weather is very fickle, but for Gannon I choose to think he's lighting the way to be found! That's a primo snow melting weather! In many places it's mostly gone already!

#FindGannon #GannonStrong

I agree, I just don't see her personality type to just all of a sudden shut down, she will want to think she is smarter and can still beat this if she just tells a good enough lie, I believe she will talk and talk a lot!!

I'd be surprised if it was quite that extensive for teacher licensure although I know some other background checks for licensure (like Psyc) can be very extensive in some states.

That said, I don't think it's quite as easy to slide by Ed licensure boards in two states as some here seem to think. It's not so easy to use a fake name on a college transcript, for example, especially if there is also borrowing for student loans. And fingerprints are required for licensure in SC and CO (but may not be in some states.)

As I've said before, TS appears to have only one criminal conviction as an adult. Lots of charges in the past but only one conviction. And that was for unauthorized use of a vehicle at the misdemeanor level. (Reduced from felony.) So getting licensure as a teacher in SC and in CO, both of which can be verified, doesn't surprise me.
There are two safety nets to protect school children, the State Licensing Board and the School district.

State Licensing Board's requirement is black and white. No convictions and you are in.

School District's requirement is as subjective and as extensive as it needs it to be. Reports and complaints are not convictions, but they reveal information worth consideration. Most applications require a signature to authorize the employer to search as far and wide as they deem necessary. The application also asks if the applicant is known by any other names. Falsifying an employment application is grounds for immediate termination.

Females with varying last names can be understood, but multiple first and middle name changes indicate something shady. IMOO

This case is a perfect example for all School districts to be aware.

Last edited:
Why would a woman who seemed to have it all throw it all away and murder a little boy? Why hate Gannon? It must be more than just temper. Murder has to be really nasty and hurting a child is egregious.

I want to offer an idea that is pure speculation on my part. NOT a rumor. Just a theory for motive.

What if Gannon saw or heard that she was seeing another man on the side AND she was already abusive to Gannon? Could she have thought he would tell his dad? Could she have began her premeditation then?

Sure, she could have opted to leave for the other man but suppose he was married too and didn’t want her?

Suppose the other man wasn’t that important to her but she couldn’t talk her way out of the issue because Gannon was 11 years old and caught on easily? It could have made her rage.

I don’t think anything is beneath her. I think she may have wanted AS but with freedom to do her own thing without children and without a spending limit. She obviously didn’t love him or his children.

I am curious to know what investigators have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett