Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been a case like this one that’s not serial killer related? I ask because I’m hoping that something good comes this.
Something like the FBI studying her & getting bits and pieces to put toward a new type of profile, to eventually stop a predator. This would be, in my mind, something good coming out of this case. Anything else, no. Because someone(s) has lost someone. And there is always grieving with that. There is always sadness and depression and anger and hurt and so many other things. Yes, usually temporarily but still sadness anyway you look at it.
Has anybody ever been in a bad relationship. And that relationship ends. You grieve the loss of other person even though the other person was not good for you or not even a good person in general. But that doesn’t stop you from loving them instantly & it doesn’t make you feel better at that time. Eventually you see the light and you are better for it but initially you still have to go through the horrible pain of losing the person & everything bad that comes along with the grieving process.

But if you see something good coming out of this other than what I mentioned please enlighten me, please.

ETA: I don’t have a relationship with my mother anymore. I had to end it in 2015 because she got sick and her personality radically changed and having the relationship with her became detrimental to my mental health stability. I grieved the loss of her even though it was my choice. I still care for her and think about her. I think about our relationship and the what ifs of trying to repair the relationship. But I always remind myself of all of the emotional & mental abuse, her threats, her taunts & more. But I miss not having a mom, not having the one person who understood me like no other & up until she got sick having the one person who I could depend on no matter what. I think about the people in this case who have lost this type of special person to them. Whether it’s a daughter, a sister, a mother, a wife or whatever. T was something special to at least one person. And I understand that pain. So maybe yes something good will come out of this but NOT WITHOUT pain & loss.
Thank you for your honesty! I am so very sorry for your pain! May you feel the embrace of the WS community in knowing that we are a special group who cares (sometimes more than is mentally good for each of us) about our fellow human beings! We/I should speak only for me at this point, want justice for all of those who are lost to violence but I have a soft spot in my heart for children and have cried countless times for children I never met who died and never had a chance! May peace be with you!

I think they talked a little, when the search warrants were served in SC and things taken. Pretty sure that Spencer's brilliant honesty and great record keeping has got them more than a little worried. I see no signs that these 4 people are wealthy enough to afford a team of lawyers. I do hope for their sake that they were mostly unaware (they had to have known something - they knew that LS was abruptly leaving town after claiming her stepson had "run away").

My mental picture is of LS using HH"s phone to frantically type all those statements and give those recorded interviews and make all those SM posts as they hightail it across the nation.
You have to remember she’s a manipulator. And her family likely wanted to believe she is innocent. If she had someone with her on the road trip I don’t think they knew she was guilty and I don't believe they would have covered for her.

However, there are families that are vile and blood is thicker than water. She could have told them it was an accident and she was frightened and blah blah blah. If LE knows this for a fact then her family must be talking. I don’t know if any of them are on the witness list, except for HH.

I am so far behind that I won't catch up.

When we look at where she dumped his remains, I have thought that she was actually going in the opposite direction, pulled over in the inner breakdown lane and dumped him over the side. If that was the case, no throwing or tromping over rocks. The body would have fallen in the brush that way.

Just because LE and the worker approached from that side doesn't mean he was placed from that side.

Little birdies have news about possible video of LS in Florida. I predict it will be from a motel. If true, it's very cool that motels keep their security footage long enough to be of help in these cases. Birds are not reliable sources of information, tho.
Happy Birthday Weekend @10ofRods
♪♫•¨*•¸¸Happy Birthday¸¸.•¨*•♫♪To You♪♫•¨*•¸¸Happy Birthday¸¸.•¨*•♫♪To You♪♫•¨*•¸¸Happy Birthday¸¸.•¨*•♫♪♫•¨*•¸¸Happy Birthday¸¸.•¨*•o YOU!!! ,♫♪♪♫•¨*•¸¸♥¸¸.•¨*•♫♪

with rage she attacked an off
I'll weigh in and say there is a strong possibility this piece of vermin will be incarcerated in a state correctional facility for females, where there will most likely be numerous ladies who are simply not impressed with her murdering a child. Just sayin'. MOO

That is what I am saying too. They know what she is and what she did, they will be waiting for this coward. Don't forget too those other female prisoners are most likely moms as well, so..

Warning: Graphic.

The night before Gannon went missing, SOMETHING happened. I know we're not allowed to reference certain topics. But my theory is she went into a rage and threw something, and glass was broken. Gannon may have been injured by broken glass. Maybe as he tried to run, or during a beating. That could explain the blood in his room. He may have scurried there to escape. I think the charges about knives and guns relate to them finding a decent amount of blood in his room. Not necessarily enough to prove he was dead, but enough to prove he was injured enough to need medical care that he never received. I don't think anyone else directly witnessed whatever happened. So they are covering all bases by adding knife/gun charges to explain that bleeding.

I've always agreed with the theories that she (also) punched him in the abdomen that night or otherwise did internal damage that became more obvious as time went on. By the morning she knew his injuries would be fatal if she didn't seek care immediately. But out of self-preservation she made plans to hide the "accident" :mad: by NOT seeking medical care, just allowing him to die and then ditching his body.

I think she drove around so long because she was waiting for him to die. :( Maybe he was slowly dying when she kept looking out the window at the store... and it was taking too long. Soon she'd have to be back home, meeting up with L as she got home from school. Her story that he "went to a friend's house" wouldn't work if she was late. So she took him to the side of a rural road (likely where the later sifting and searching happened) and beat him with the 2x4. :( She ditched him and the murder weapon quickly, because she was in a hurry to get back.

Afterward, she realized her Apple watch would give away Gannon's location if cops started viewing her as the main suspect. After finding out on Feb. 2 that the neighbor's video made it obvious she was lying (I speculate she knew about the video before police even did, as AS confronted her right after neighbor showed him -- JMO), she knew police would soon start retracing her movements. But first they'd need to get search warrants. So she immediately went back and removed his body, making sure there was no GPS tracking this time. I think LE weren't actively following/tracking her yet. Soon thereafter, they sure were!

When she moved Gannon, she missed the sock and the board. (ETA: She also likely put him into a suitcase she bought after leaving the family home.) She may have stashed Gannon's body somewhere and moved him to FL later, or she may have headed out to FL right away on Feb. 3rd. I don't think anyone knowingly helped her, though relatives may have helped her lay low and disguise her movements due to all the supposed death threats she was getting. I think LS is 100% accountable for Gannon's death and hiding his body. All just my opinion and speculation.

RIP Gannon

Last edited:
Having watched quite possible too many shows about women's prisons, I imagine she will rise to the top of pile very quickly and get too comfortable and fall as quickly as she rose. It's going to take a lot of talking and fighting on her part to survive for the long term.
Willing to bet she gets shanked or severely beaten within the first 18 months of being in gen pop.

The reason I say it is because, I not a prisoner and haven't ever killed or assaulted anyone, yet I feel if she were put in the same room with me right now I would most likely attack her. She is a coward and I would not in the least be afraid of her. I hate her beyond belief. I keep picturing GS so innocent and just trusting her and maybe she was telling him to do this or that or go here or go there and he just did it cause he trusted her and she could have used all his trust in her to murder him. When they went out on that last trip, where did that loser tell the poor child they were going? He would have totally trusted and believed everything. That is upsetting me so much.

I’m so glad Gannon was found but I still can’t wrap my mind around why all the way to Florida? So many other places. That was out of her way wasn’t it? There has to be a reason.

She didn't take the most direct route, no. She or, if she had travel companions, might have wanted to stop along the way for reasons we're not aware of. I suspect she wanted to see someone in Florida before continuing on to South Carolina. She might have also thought, by taking a route that would be unexpected, she could complete the trip without being spotted by LE along the way.

Last edited:
I am so far behind that I won't catch up.

When we look at where she dumped his remains, I have thought that she was actually going in the opposite direction, pulled over in the inner breakdown lane and dumped him over the side. If that was the case, no throwing or tromping over rocks. The body would have fallen in the brush that way.

Just because LE and the worker approached from that side doesn't mean he was placed from that side.

I think she dumped Gannon's body from the higher side of the two roadways. At dark. And she thought she was tossing him into water. She could see water from the higher side of the bridge. My opinion is based on the crime scene tape from MSM videos. Where the crime scene investigators were parked isn't the road she dumped Gannon's body from, IMO. That was just how they accessed him.

The reason I say it is because, I not a prisoner and haven't ever killed or assaulted anyone, yet I feel if she were put in the same room with me right now I would most likely attack her. She is a coward and I would not in the least be afraid of her. I hate her beyond belief. I keep picturing GS so innocent and just trusting her and maybe she was telling him to do this or that or go here or go there and he just did it cause he trusted her and she could have used all his trust in her to murder him. When they went out on that last trip, where did that loser tell the poor child they were going? He would have totally trusted and believed everything. That is upsetting me so much.
IMO she didn’t “tell him” anything. She spent all her energy working up a rage about he’d done this to himself, he couldn’t be trusted, he deserved to be hurt (whatever manner) because he was (insert horrible abuser insult here). My heart breaks thinking of it.
She spent her last moments with him making him terrified. IMO

In case this hasn't been mentioned. 3 FBI witnesses are listed on the witness list from Jacksonville Florida. This leads me to believe they were on it earlier on and why Gannon was already on their radar there. Just my opinion. Also ,I'm still wondering why there's 1 FBI witness from West Virginia. This state is the furthest north and really not anywhere that we know she traveled. YET.

Can anyone think of a case this horrific? Zahra comes to my mind....But surely there aren't enough to count on more than one hand?

(((landen)))

The thought of Casey Anthony placing a drugged baby in the trunk of her car so she could party. The thought of Kyron Harmon missing with no resolve while on his step mothers watch. The thought of Poly Klaas being abducted from her own bedroom during a party sleepover. The thought of Elizabeth Smart being abducted from her own bedroom with her sister next to her. And all the other cases where evil takes innocence. There are TOO many cases this horrific, unfortunately.

I think she dumped Gannon's body from the higher side of the two roadways. At dark. And she thought she was tossing him into water. She could see water from the higher side of the bridge. My opinion is based on the crime scene tape from MSM videos. Where the crime scene investigators were parked isn't the road she dumped Gannon's body from, IMO. That was just how they accessed him.
I agree I think she might have miscalculated the flow of the water. Here’s a pic from where I think she dropped him to the river. I think the water was higher at the point of drop early February due to flooding. His body or whatever he was contained inside (most likely a suitcase) got stuck on those rocks and ended up stuck under that brush. jmo

Attachments

• B7DD5EB4-1A82-4F9C-8D49-BF980555D380.jpeg
    B7DD5EB4-1A82-4F9C-8D49-BF980555D380.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors