Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found myself thinking "Boy, won't some of those family members be unpleasantly surprised at the things that come out when this trial commences?"

I'm not convinced her family will be all that surprised.

I suspect they know her much better than we think.

I'm wondering whether and/or to what extent TS's family members have acquiesced to her in the past, simply to avoid the serious negative repercussions that follow when she's thwarted.

She's someone who uses her ugliness to her advantage.

She's someone who uses the threat of putting her ugly on display to intimidate others:
"Don't make me take off this mask, or you'll regret it!"

JMO.

Last edited:
Understand that it doesn't bring me happiness for someone to be arrested as it means they've aided a criminal or done terrible deeds themselves .... but I am anxious to see if there are more arrests, and charges brought against anyone who knew what she was doing and even helped TS -- after knowing his body was in a suitcase.

Any person who let that young Gannon lay there by that highway and rot in the ditch --thrown out like garbage :mad: needs to spend some time in prison thinking about the grief they caused (even by their knowledge but choosing to stay silent) to those who loved him.

My first thought is that no one else knew ... and she acted alone.
But I want justice if that's not the case, and am open to other options.
If a person helped TS knowing she had a body of a child with her ---what other deeds has this person done ?
Or did TS have 'dirt' on anyone ?

Actually, I'd much rather see her get set up with Frazee, for obvious reasons.
Which is to say, the two of them would definitely end up killing each other.

As long as there's not a paper towel shortage at the prison d/t covid, PF should be able to strike up a correspondence with her.

"You've Got Mail 2: Flush When Done!"

JMO.

If we had stand up comedy night here on WS, you'd be the weekly draw.

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

SABBM:

Feb. 4

A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

________

From this MSM, I'm seeing it was Feb. 4th.

Where did you see Feb. 2nd?

*ETA: I'm now seeing articles online from Feb. 3rd mentioning the video, so it was definitely out by the 3rd.

Good Grief. Gotta' love MSM. So reliable always.

We need to go check when we first started discussing the video on the thread here.

That would give us the date it was made public, because we began discussing it on the thread right away.

JMO.

Really you need the date that it was being discussed on SM within the neighborhood. Example : Neighborhood blogs/ communication sites/ Security blogs, etc.

This video clip from MSM on 2/4 (Denver 7) says RD gave it to authorities on 2/3. But, I think it may have been Sunday the 2nd that RD found it on his camera system when he was up late because he couldn't fall asleep (can't find a link for that). He showed it to AS soon after. AS may have confronted TS then.
MOO

IF, IF the story is true. IDK that LE didn't have sooner... RD couldn't sleep Saturday night. Showed AS Sunday. You'd better believe that AS called LE Sunday and maybe LS? SO, she knew Sunday (FEB 2) IMO.

Scratching my head. In regards to this timeline shared on page 1 of this thread, KOAA states that on 1/29, they had a credible source stated that foul play was suspected and LS was prime suspect. TIMELINE: From Gannon's disappearance to an arrest
If that’s the case
1. What clued LE into foul play specifically? 2. What made LS prime suspect? Fact or vibe from LE based on her responses?
3. I really would’ve expected them to tail her closely if #2 is true. Not knocking LE. They’ve done a great job and I’m sure they simply didn’t expect she would move the body. They no doubt found the murder site, and are kicking themselves for not realizing the monster LS is to move that sweet boy after the fact. MOO

By the 29th (really, since the 26th) she was "on the run." She was moving about unpredictably and, after about January 30, without her own car. She was staying in a hotel apparently (as the news media figured it out and made her mad by showing up), but I think MSM found out about that from a neighbor and LE may have found out at the same time (by interviewing neighbors - this takes time).

So on Monday, police drop by and buy her BS that Gannon is a runaway, but of course, begin the process of suspicion. AS immediately plans to return. On Tuesday, she ditches her own vehicle for a rental car - obviously, if LE had in fact put trackers on her SUV and on the truck, she then evades that and they only know she went to the airport. We really need to really factor in that she's super-evasive from the beginning.

I do wonder when LE caught up with her and grilled her. Probably after she returned that rental car on Wednesday (which would account for her being upset about her "rights" when she gives the interview). The interview was broadcast on Jan 31 (someone correct me if wrong) and was possibly collected the night of the first vigil (which means that LS returned one rental car on Wednesday and picked up a U-Haul - probably went to the U-Haul place in the rental).

Spencer Wilson did not make a special trip to Lorson Ranch to talk to LS, he was already there to cover a vigil, is my understanding (there was another one on Friday, but that's too late for the Cousin It interview, as it was broadcast on Friday IIRC).

LE couldn't have known right away that she had a rental car from the airport, which she drove to get another rental vehicle. By the time they see Spencer's interview, if they noticed the portion of the UHaul that's visible, there was no logo or sign it was actually a U-Haul, only that it was some kind of utility vehicle.

IOW, she evaded a tracker device if one was placed and was very cagey about getting out of state without LE on her tail. They were looking desperately for Gannon and for evidence that would allow them further powers against LS. The video gave them that - but that doesn't happen until Feb 3, which is approximately when LS leave CO (she probably left on Feb 2).

She must be one of the world's most indecisive murderers, as I do think she had little else on her mind once they left Colorado. BUT, if we factor in that she was traveling most of the way with others (who surely did not know what they were carrying?), it would have made it hard for her to find a place in the long stretches of lonely Texas roads. She must have known she had to do it before heading north to SC, as she wanted the disposal place away from SC.

I think there were some almost random factors (I am betting that she or they had stopped for sleep). Perhaps she was tired of worrying about it and really did want to go to Daytona or something. I think she tried to toss him "in the water" but had too little daytime knowledge of the place to be accurate.

My biggest worry was that she had covered vast distances, that Gannon could be almost anywhere, and that he'd never be found. As she traveled, she probably thought about throwing him by the side of a road, many times. As such places go, she did pick one that was less visible. She definitely accomplished one of her main goals (which was to hide Gannon's body long enough that bruises and superficial injuries would be undetectable).
GANNON
THOUGHTS TOMORROW, Time out today

I agree with almost everything you say (especially that first bolded statement). But on the second bolded statement - we do know that she had 4 people with her in Lorson Ranch. Even if the help was only driving a car, they were involved. Gannon was either in the car or the truck and they were there. Four people.

It would be hard to put four people in the cab of a U-Haul and I doubt that any of them rode illegally and unsafely in the back. I think LE wants witnesses outside that group of 5 (one of whom is LS). The other 4 are probably uncooperative right now and may be facing arrest for all we know (see that last charge). So - did LS take the U-Haul by herself to Florida? Was it a U-Haul that pulled over on the side of the highway? Kind of conspicuous, but OTOH, UHauls pull over all the time and it was likely the middle of the night. We know that rental cars have trackers, but do UHaul vans? I think they may not.

So the young man would have had to get into the sedan and LS would have had to taken the U-Haul - what possible explanation would she have for that? They had to know. Even if she told them she wanted to stop by a rally in Florida or whatever, they had to have been so super suspicious that it is absolutely not believable that they didn't know or suspect what was going on.

Because those four people did not get into the U-Haul and LS did not, IMO, drive off in the sedan. It seems clear LE knew somehow that they'd gone off in that direction so maybe U-Hauls do have tracking these days (would make sense, don't know).
Agreed 100 percent!!!! How could 4 people not know something? According to Spencer, the young man was originally driving the van. So, what was in the van? He would have known. And she got in a different car with the aunt. Picking up a suitcase over the guardrail is hard. A man could do it easier than TS could. Someone absolutely knows something. IMO

Like everyone else, I was GOBSMACKED about Gannon being found in FL. It left me reeling. The location. The finality. His poor Mama's heart.

I've been over so many scenarios in my head, read so many theories, and I can't get my mind around it. I've seen the far out as well as the logical, and I'm always left confounded.

I've come to realize, despite all the logical discussions here at WS, I won't ever be able to really get it. And I realize now that's a good thing. I will never understand it because she's evil. My mind is not like hers. And I'm glad.

Some may find our "obsession" with these stories bizarre or morbid. I think mostly we want to explain what we can't understand. We feel fulfilled when the good guys put the puzzle together and catch the bad guys. We want answers for victims who can no longer speak for themselves. We hurt when we read the documents like autopsy reports and arrest affidavits. We want the answers, but the answers turn our stomachs. I'm ok with that. It bothers us because WE are not like them. WE can't turn away because we grow to care for the victims, known and unknown.

I don't get FL. Was she trying to say he was kidnapped, and she wanted him found? Did she think she was dropping him into water, and she missed? Did she think he'd never be found? Does she have any other reason to be in FL? How did she get him there? My mind is repulsed at any of the ways I think of for transport....dry ice, plastic bags, nothing? What about fluids, smell? Was he in Douglas County at first? How did she manage everything physically? The weapons mentioned in the new charges. When did she decide on each course of action? What THOUGHTS went through her head? How could anyone have such thoughts? Especially about a child? She's not the first and won't be the last, but I just don't get it. And Gannon. Just 11. My daughter is 11. Thinking about her little body being mistreated even after death makes my chest hurt. I can't imagine the pain Gman's parents are experiencing. Long rant. I'm sorry. I usually just lurk and like. The last few days have been a bit much.

I'm so sorry, Gannon. I'm glad you're away from her now.

Edit due to typo

Last edited:
In regards to the neighbor’s video. We first heard about it on the afternoon/evening of February 3, which was the same day law enforcement returned to the house (Crime scene unit).

We didn’t see the actual video until the 4th.

I think the neighbor showed the video to Al on the morning of the 3rd, and that’s what precipitated that search.

This is one of the earlier Tweets:
Nicole Fierro on Twitter

EXCLUSIVE : A week after an 11-year-old Colorado boy went missing, authorities received a new piece of evidence to further the investigation into Gannon Stauch’s disappearance @KDVR

This is the first post that references it. Found Deceased - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

The man driving the moving van. I'm sorry I can't help it. I can't seem to let it go. Who is he? He was driving the van. Spencer didn't know. Also, there is a witness EW without an address, IF he is the right one, lives in Horry County. There are 2 other W's on the list as well with his same last name. Are they all related? I find this all very interesting.
^^bbm

By the reporter that interviewed and observed LS, the driver of moving truck was described as a young guy and most likely family that was traveling together with the alleged aunts of LS.

Bringing forward my post from thread #39.

Reporter's reply to question about LS 1/31/20 live interview and whether or not the van seen in footage belonged to news crew. Also, describes the convoy LS was believed traveling with:

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
Replying to @******
Sure, the van in the back of the video was a part of the caravan she was riding with, I believe that it was her moving truck. My news car was parked in front of her two cars, so it was out of frame. Parking went
1f69b.png
1f697.png
1f699.png

Green=moving truck
Red=Letecia’s car
Blue=News car

7:56 AM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Replying to ************
I’m just now getting questions about this, totally fine to ask. She was traveling with 5 people total, (including herself) I believe she referenced two of them as her aunts. Clearly one was her daughter. The other was a young man driving the truck, assumed he was family. (Cont)

7:58 AM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Replying to @Spencer_WNews
She was riding in a small 4 door style car parked just ahead of that white truck. The white truck is what I believe to be her moving truck, but the all drove together as a pack of 2.

7:59 AM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Replying to **********
Sure, to the best of my memory. Yes she was in the passenger seat of the little car. Her aunt was driving, daughter in the back seat. Young guy was driving the moving truck, potential “other aunt” was riding with him. I say “other aunt” because I’m less clear on who she was

12:20 PM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Replying to *******************
I couldn’t give you enough for a “real description” as we call it in the news room. Just darker hair, younger dude, that’s all I can say responsibility.

12:23 PM - 21 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Frankly, I'm not convinced her family will be all that surprised.

I suspect they know her much better than we think.

I'm wondering whether and/or to what extent TS's family members have acquiesced to her in the past, simply to avoid the serious negative repercussions that follow when she's thwarted.

She's someone who uses her ugly to her advantage.
She's someone who uses that threat to intimidate others, i.e., "Don't make me take off this mask, or you'll regret it!"

JMO.

Would love to introduce her to my cousin Vinny...

Js ...jmo

I thought someone said there is a storage unit by the Petco... but I don’t recall who or when it was said...[/QUOT
What was the most popular theory on why she rented a car and put almost 1,000 miles on it?
(My thread searches returned as error)
i was told that the 955 miles noted on the rental receipt could have been inaccurate. The rental mileage was supposed to have been unlimited and people are speculating that number did not reflect actual miles driven.

Agreed 100 percent!!!! How could 4 people not know something? According to Spencer, the young man was originally driving the van. So, what was in the van? He would have known. And she got in a different car with the aunt. Picking up a suitcase over the guardrail is hard. A man could do it easier than TS could. Someone absolutely knows something. IMO

Not for nothing, but I do not believe she was a weakling, and further, isn't it a scientific fact that adrenaline can "do a body good"
I think she could have picked up and thrown a suitcase ...with ease. Imo

What was the most popular theory on why she rented a car and put almost 1,000 miles on it?
(My thread searches returned as error)
Budget-receipt-3.jpg

From the Budget receipt LS provided to Crimeonline, LS rented the vehicle on Tuesday, Jan 28 at the CoSpgs airport at 8:50 AM (when she collected AS from airport) and returned it to the same location about 27 hours later on Weds at 1:20 PM.

LS alleges she rented the vehicle to look for GS and wanted to do so in a vehicle that GS would not recognize -- thinking he would be in trouble.

IMO, LS used the vehicle to relocate GS body as far from El Paso County as possible. Take note that LS had only just reported GS missing the night before and authorities still believed he was a runaway during the period that LS was allegedly driving around looking for GS.

From the beginning -- LS thought she was so clever and had the perfect cover for her crime. MOO

ETA: add cargo space stats

Rio Cargo Space
The Rio provides lots of cargo space for a subcompact car in both its sedan and hatchback variants. There's 13.7 cubic feet of trunk space in the sedan, which is enough room for roughly 10 bags of groceries. Available 60/40-split-folding rear seats allow for improved flexibility. For even more space, go for a hatchback model. They offer 17.4 cubic feet of space behind the back row and 32.8 cubic feet with its standard 60/40-split-folding rear seats folded down.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/kia/rio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members