Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a lawyer, but they are bound by not only the law but also by the ethics of their profession. A lawyer could not allow the client to do something that would be a determent to the client and/or that would be illegal (like lie under oath).

The lawyer would have to counsel a client like that, imo, to be quiet and make the prosecution prove its case and hope the prosecution messes up. (That's the only hope she has, imo.)

Very interested in hearing from experts here.

jmo

Did you watch the Arias case?!
Where were ethics then? The client controls a LOT. It was a circus. The judge was exasperated. She was one vote away from the death penalty, regardless of her antics. But she caused quite a scene every.single.day.

Good for you! My daughter started in Journalism, switched to Law and ended up in IT.

Will the June hearings be televised? I know her trial won’t be but what about prelims?

I believe the judge said no. But regarding the actual trial, Court Tv has asked to have a pool camera in the courtroom.

No on the June preliminary hearings.

In criminal courts, Colorado provides for cameras in the courtroom for Advisements and Arraignments only. This will be yet another trial by twitter -- including Court TV.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Media/Cameras in the Courtroom 2015 update.pdf

ETA: Add Colorado Court Media link
Colorado Judicial Branch - Media

Last edited:
Last edited:
Did you watch the Arias case?!
Where were ethics then? The client controls a LOT. It was a circus. The judge was exasperated. She was one vote away from the death penalty, regardless of her antics. But she caused quite a scene every.single.day.
No, I didn't follow the Arias case. Or Casey Anthony.

I'll see myself out and leave my WS credentials at the door.

;)

New docs just dropped.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/Proposed Order 040820(1).pdf

Does this mean what I think it means? Still learning how to read these docs.

ETA:

Colorado Judicial Branch

Actually, layman's terms of what all these new docs would be GREATLY appreciated!
Sounds like any phone, computer, etc communications they have on her from those specific dates have been approved to be released to the public.

New docs just dropped.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/Proposed Order 040820(1).pdf

Does this mean what I think it means? Still learning how to read these docs.

ETA:

Colorado Judicial Branch

Actually, layman's terms of what all these new docs would be GREATLY appreciated!
It’s just the one document ? Asking for release of texts and emails? Judge hasn’t dated and signed. can someone help?

No, I didn't follow the Arias case. Or Casey Anthony.

I'll see myself out and leave my WS credentials at the door.

;)
Anthony case at least had decorum,etc. she had a sneaky lawyer. Think OJ.

But this killer, Leticia Stauch, is Jodi Arias 2.0.

The threads here on WS just blew up. The media were all over it. And Jodi loved the interviews. She loved giving testimony. She loved lying. She loved hurting Travis’s family by making up lies. She ordered her attorneys to do things her own way, at one point insisting she represent herself. It was shocking.

4th Judicial DA‏ @4thJudicialDA
UPDATE: The next hearing date for Letecia Leann Stauch is a Preliminary Hearing set for Friday, June 5 & Monday, June 8th @ 9. Today’s hearing has been vacated.

5:24 AM - 14 Apr 2020

^^bbm

Before COVID-19 closures, LS actually had a "Status Hearing" set for today, April 14.

On April 6, Defense proposed this hearing waived and it appears that both parties have agreed to a date for the Preliminary Hearing. (From dates previously offered for the status hearing).

Both Motion to Reconsider Order -07 and Response to Motions uploaded to Colorado Court site today.

Colorado Judicial Branch - El Paso - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Letecia Stauch

4th Judicial DA‏ @4thJudicialDA
UPDATE: The next hearing date for Letecia Leann Stauch is a Preliminary Hearing set for Friday, June 5 & Monday, June 8th @ 9. Today’s hearing has been vacated.

5:24 AM - 14 Apr 2020

^^bbm

Before COVID-19 closures, LS actually had a "Status Hearing" set for today, April 14.

On April 6, Defense proposed this hearing waived and it appears that both parties have agreed to a date for the Preliminary Hearing. (From dates previously offered for the status hearing).

Both Motion to Reconsider Order -07 and Response to Motions uploaded to Colorado Court site today.

Colorado Judicial Branch - El Paso - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Letecia Stauch
This is awesome so I wonder if we will get the electronic communications released this afternoon?

It’s just the one document ? Asking for release of texts and emails? Judge hasn’t dated and signed. can someone help?

There were previous orders to seal electronic surveillance of LS communication on 2/7, 2/10, and 3/19.

On April 7 - the People requested the Court unseal these sealed documents, and the Court signed the Order on April 8, 2020.

(both motions uploaded for public view 4/14/20).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx