Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ:

Members may discuss the DWAP youtube phone interview with TS but may not comment on either DWAP himself or the interviewer. Only discuss what TS said in that phone interview. TS mentioned Petco in this phone interview so members may now discuss and speculate re Petco as it relates to what she says in the phone call, but not what may be floating around in social media rumor-land.

Stick to MSM or WS approved sources (i.e. no social media or random youtube videos). If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Crime Online with WS member Leigh Egan is an approved source at WS; True Crime society is not.

No bickering, rudeness or personalizing, no name calling or ridiculing other members for their opinion.

Nicknames or derogatory name changes of any of the major case players is not allowed.

WS does not condone or allow advocating violence of any kind against anyone and such posts will be removed.

Soliciting or discussing private messaging is not allowed. If you want to converse with another member privately, just do it without mentioning it on the thread.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPECULATE WHETHER OR NOT LETECIA HAD HELP DRIVING TO FLORIDA DO NOT NAME THE PERSON. USE INITIALS ONLY. DO NOT ACCUSE THE PERSON OF A CRIME. IF ALL THIS IS TRUE AND LETECIA IS GUILTY IT IS LIKELY SHE HAD HELP BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCUSE ANYONE OF A CRIME. USE INITIALS ONLY.

REMEMBER YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER! THEY WILL STAY HERE FOREVER. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Thanks,
Tricia

Agreed you can absolutely have that opinion, I’m just not sure we can discuss it here since HH has not been named a poi. Jmo

Normally WS does not allow discussion of minors. In this case however Tricia did say that members could speculate on whether someone helped or was somehow involved in having Gannon's body transported to Florida as long as they are referred to with INITIALS ONLY.

We are walking a fine line here. The fact that a judicial document has stated that HH is not cooperating is certainly relevant. You can speculate based on what is contained in the AA, but you may NOT insinuate that she is involved in the crime and you may not make direct accusations against her. (IOW, lots of "what ifs", "could it be that" "perhaps" etc, etc) . Just DO NOT accuse her of knowingly committing a crime.

For instance, maybe she did absolutely nothing wrong and is just not cooperating because she doesn't want to be responsible for her mother going to jail, or perhaps she is afraid upsetting her mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have missed it so forgive me if it has been speculated to death.

But did we ever come to a conclusion why the bed being moved away from the wall was significant.

I believe the AA mentioned that AS said it was normally pushed up against the wall

I’m just trying to figure out what the purpose was for TS to move it and also why she didn’t move it back?

But did we ever come to a conclusion why the bed being moved away from the wall was significant.

I believe the AA mentioned that AS said it was normally pushed up against the wall

I’m just trying to figure out what the purpose was for TS to move it and also why she didn’t move it back?

That's a good question. I think she took the picture from the foot of the bed to show AS that Gannon had moved his bed, because from that angle it clearly showed that it'd been moved. It'll be interesting to see their text messages from that morning, I think they'll explain a lot. In my opinion, she was trying to get Gannon in even more trouble because I think the AA said that the Switch could be seen from that photo as well, and I'd say he was supposed to be grounded from it.

IMHO the reason it was mentioned in the AA was LE pointing out that the bed being moved & not in its normal location was one of the first things AS mentioned to them. That in combination with the fact that blood spatter (with attempted clean up) and blood seepage behind the outlet plate was located on Gannon's bedroom wall that his bed normally would have been against. LE was establishing that it was out of the ordinary for Gannon's bed to be in the position as if it had been moved to attempt to clean the wall & change the stained bedding (both my speculation.) If in it's normal position indicated by AS, the bed also would have been over top of the area of the carpeting that was lifted by LE to reveal blood staining to the concrete underneath.

LS moved that bed for a reason! She was just too sloppy & in too much of a rush to move it back into the correct position. I think she staged that odd pic of Gannon in his bed on Monday morning to show that he was OK, but sadly I don't think he was OK at that point. I believe he was gravely injured & I find a lot about that picture odd, but that's my opinion and all I can say. I also think there was blood from late Sunday-overnight that she needed to clean up, but that's my own speculation!

MOO JMO

#GannonStrong

Edit:clarity

Last edited:
IMHO the reason it was mentioned in the AA was that they were pointing out that the bed being moved & not in its normal location was one of the first things AS mentioned to them. That in combination with the fact that blood spatter (with attempted clean up) and blood seepage behind the outlet plate was located on Gannon's bedroom wall that his bed normally would have been against. LE was establishing that it was out of the ordinary for Gannon's bed to be in the position as if it had been moved to attempt to clean the wall & change the stained bedding (both my speculation.) If in it's normal position indicated by AS, the bed also would have been over top of the area of the carpeting that was lifted by LE to reveal blood staining to the concrete underneath.

LS moved that bed for a reason! She was just too sloppy & in too much of a rush to move it back into the correct position. LE also presented pictures of Gannon in the bed that LS had taken on the morning of Jan 27th where the bed can clearly be seen positioned against the wall! Therefore surmising that it had been moved sometime after that pic was taken.

MOO JMO

#GannonStrong

That makes sense, she moved it to cleanup. Realized she couldn’t fully get the stains out and left the bed covering the spot on the floor.

I still am somewhat dumbfounded by how that day all played out.

If we go off the AA it’s believed Gannon was killed in the home in the afternoon shortly before LS got home from school. That didn’t leave her much time to cleanup, call the cops nail down her timeline and alibi etc.

But she had all day to carry out her plans, the school wasn’t expecting GS she had messaged/called him in sick. She made up an excuse so she had nowhere to be. Everything was taken care of she had all kinds of time.

It seems like it would have been way more likely for her to drive him out somewhere in those morning hours and kill him and just leave him there. One trip instead of what ended up being 3.

Did she get spooked? Did she have second thoughts?

What sense did it make for her to drive him all the way out there, waste half of the day only to return home and have to commit a murder,cleanup, and conceal his body all within only a few hrs?

why wait till 2:30-3:00 or whatever it was

Last edited:

If we go off the AA it’s believe Gannon was killed in the home in the afternoon shortly before LS got home from school. That didn’t leave her much time to cleanup, call the cops nail down her timeline and alibi etc.

But she had all day to carry out her plans, the school wasn’t expecting GS she had messaged/called him in sick. She made up an excuse so she had nowhere to be. Everything was taken care of she had all kinds of time.

It seems like it would have been way more likely for her to drive him out somewhere in those morning hours and kill him and just leave him there. One trip instead of what ended up being 3.

What sense did it make for her to drive him all the way out there, waste half of the day only to return home and have to commit a murder,cleanup, and conceal his body all within only a few hrs?

Yes, it's all very strange. I wonder if we will ever know what happened on Sunday. It does seem that by late Sunday evening and early Monday morning she was beginning to put her plans in motion.

The only reason I can think of for waiting until they got home is that she lost her nerve or something went wrong while they were out.

Or she realized that whatever harm she did to him the day before was going to cause her a lot of trouble so she killed him to cover it up.

Maybe she tried to "negotiate" with him during those four hours, trying to get him to agree to a story to tell Albert, and realized it wasn't going to work.

Imo

If we go off the AA it’s believed Gannon was killed in the home in the afternoon shortly before LS got home from school. That didn’t leave her much time to cleanup, call the cops nail down her timeline and alibi etc.

Right there with you! I have the hardest time wrapping my head around her returning home to murder him. I mean she had ALL day & many remote places to do this unthinkable act, why come back home & with a small window of time at that?? It's that proverbial fence that MANY of us are sitting on!

All I can say is LE has more evidence & knows more than we do! However they hadn't found his body at the time the AA was written & as DDA Allen said, "that absolutely changes everything!"

MOO JMO

#GannonStrong

I suspect T needed to clean the area, and could not do so over the bed, so moved the bed to get to the wall.

ETA: (and remove my first comment entirely)

I read the AA again. I truly can't understand the, I think, confusing way the photos are being referred to. The logical conclusion is not the one I came to in my original comment. It seems the bed out of position must be the photo produced later in time from LE officer's body cam and after the murder. It only makes sense as LS rushed around to clean (and don't forget her numerous texts to AS about getting him new headphones; the lucky guy) she must have cleaned the walls, stripped the bed, etc and the bed never made it back into it's correct position.

Imo, she was texting AS in order to show she was cool as a cucumber during the time when LE might, in the future, say she was killing Gannon and cleaning up at the time.

"No, dear.... nothing unusual happened... oh, until Gannon didn't come home from his friend's house but otherwise... we had a really nice day. See... look, I was texting you during that time."

All speculation​

Last edited:
o_O Wondering here only...the 4 hour morning outing and then home to kill has me so baffled also!

My speculating only...
Could she have planned to have “carpet guy” or another of her rapist/traffickers/besties :eek: she had perhaps lined up to meet and take Gannon off her hands and do the job she ultimately ended up doing herself because her buddy didn’t appear?

As we’ve seen, she’s not too good about hiding and covering her tracks in public. Did she get afraid because she was stood-up and left on her own to carry through with the horrendous action?

Thinking about the unconfirmed story of the pet store employee... “who maybe” mentioned how LS kept checking the front door and looking out toward the truck...what or who was she looking for if that actually happened?

Don’t you just hate it when your criminal buddies let ya down?! Crazy, delusional, heartless woman. :mad:

MOO

Last edited:
ETA: (and remove my first comment entirely)

I read the AA again. I truly can't understand the, I think, confusing way the photos are being referred to. The logical conclusion is not the one I came to in my original comment. It seems the bed out of position must be the photo produced later in time from LE officer's body cam and after the murder. It only makes sense as LS rushed around to clean (and don't forget her numerous texts to AS about getting him new headphones; the lucky guy) she must have cleaned the walls, stripped the bed, etc and the bed never made it back into it's correct position.

Imo, she was texting AS in order to show she was cool as a cucumber during the time when LE might, in the future, say she was killing Gannon and cleaning up at the time.

"No, dear.... nothing unusual happened... oh, until Gannon didn't come home from his friend's house but otherwise... we had a really nice day. See... look, I was texting you during that time."

All speculation​
The AA says that the photo of the bed pushed out from the wall was recovered from Letecia's phone. Presumably it was one of the photos she took on Monday morning. The AA's theory of the case seems to be that the bed was already pushed out from the wall when the attack happened. That explains why blood was found in areas that would normally have been covered by the mattress (the outlet on the wall and the floor underneath it).

Of course, that doesn't explain why the bed was pushed out from the wall in the first place.

AA55.jpg

o_O Wondering here only...the 4 hour morning outing and then home to kill has me so baffled also!

My speculating only...
Could she have planned to have “carpet guy” or another of her rapist/traffickers/besties :eek: she had perhaps lined up to meet and take Gannon off her hands and do the job she ultimately ended up doing herself because her buddy didn’t appear?

As we’ve seen, she’s not too good about hiding and covering her tracks in public. Did she get afraid because she was stood-up and left on her own to carry through with the horrendous action?

Thinking about the unconfirmed story of the pet store employee... “who maybe” mentioned how LS kept checking the front door and looking out toward the truck...what or who was she looking for if that actually happened?

Don’t you just hate it when your criminal buddies let ya down?! Crazy, delusional, heartless woman. :mad:

MOO

Speculation too here.

If that Petco story is true that she kept looking outside then maybe it was Gannon she was worried about him getting up and out of the vehicle.

Im not sure where Gannon was when she went into Petco. I have to wonder if he was left in the vehicle the whole time. And I have to wonder if she had already attempted to kill him Monday morning by giving him some kind of drug to OD him on or maybe a poison of some sort. She may have been looking out the window of Petco to make sure he was not getting up and out of the vehicle.

If she had gone back to Petco a second time to retrieve his phone, I wonder if it had fallen out in the parking lot as she opened the door when she was there the first time.

Her actions are so bizarre it is hard to really tell what she actually did until we get more information.

Im still on the fence whether he made it home Monday or not.

If she did bring him home, I keep wondering if he was already dead. She may have seen too many vehicles around the place where she planned to dispose of him so she may have just kept him in the vehicle as time was running out to make sure she got home before the other kids.

That would fit with the bits of truth she sometimes puts in with her lies. He may have made it home but not been alive. In that example, she would not even have to take him back into the house. She would likely just get the suitcase and the particle board and reload them at the back of the vehicle.

The preliminary hearing cannot come soon enough. I hope we get some of our answers then.

The AA says that the photo of the bed pushed out from the wall was recovered from Letecia's phone. Presumably it was one of the photos she took on Monday morning. The AA's theory of the case seems to be that the bed was already pushed out from the wall when the attack happened. That explains why blood was found in areas that would normally have been covered by the mattress (the outlet on the wall and the floor underneath it).

Of course, that doesn't explain why the bed was pushed out from the wall in the first place.

View attachment 245997

Well, that's how I read it, too, but I thought I must be wrong. So, now, I'll go back and re-write some of what I first commented when that's how I was interpreting the AA originally.

LS may have had to change the bed on the Sunday evening or into the early hours of Monday due to her attacking Gannon earlier on Sunday afternoon, causing a wound... a pretty bad one, imo. She made a strange video, bandaged Gannon up and then gave him something to calm and quiet him down... and had him go to bed early. LS needed time to plan for the next day's murder and also wanted little sister and HH to think "everything's fine" because Gannon is sleeping quietly in bed but he might just have a little stomach ache, is all.
Nobody but LS knew this was the last night that Gannon would ever spend sleeping in his bed.

But sadly, imo, it was not to be a restful night. New, fresh wounds often being bleeding again and stain sheets in spite of bandages... and/or Gannon may have had an accident in his bed due to the emotional stress of LS's violent attack, or due to a "calming" but really a "shut-up pill or two" which I think LS gave him and perhaps he lost control of his bowel function. So, LS, not knowing at the time that she'd be bringing Gannon back to kill him rather than out away from home, washes the soiled sheets in the wee hours of Monday AM after putting clean "shark sheets" on Gannon's bed and never put the bed back in place properly at that time. She took the AM photo on Monday and, of course, the bed is still out of place but the walls are clean of blood spatter.

LS seems to have been up all night. Her mind was whirling smoke by the looks of her search history and maybe she had the candle mess to clean, too. But, I think she also stayed up all night so she could keep checking on Gannon... for bleeding, another "accident" or... how he was breathing after the pills I think she gave him. I think something about his physical or a change in his cognitive function frightened her into thinking that Gannon might die before she could even get him out of the house in the morning.

Later home with Gannon, she killed him and changed the bedding yet again and that is what caught LE's eye when they saw both images of the bedroom.

And, as to why the bed was out of place it might have been for many ideas we can imagine... it could just be that LS pulled the bed out to vacuum and got side tracked and didn't put the bed back in place days earlier when no murder was on anyone's mind. A bed out of place can be someone trying to force, by fear, a little dog, or a little boy, into coming out from under a bed where the little dog or the little boy is hiding from "someone" who's yelling and screaming and behaving irrationally.

JMO and Speculation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members