Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so sure about mental illness, wary of using the phrase.
Some people are just bad.
Malicious. Cruel. Evil. Horrible and every other adjective imaginable, yet there is nothing amiss with their minds upon examination.

Am I the only one that thinks this was pre-meditated for quite a while?
Motivated by jealousy and revenge.?
Plotted and planned and awaiting opportunity?

I wonder whether any evidence of it exists?
We just saw a couple of days of her internet searches.
What did she search in December, November and as far back as two years or even longer?

This is JMO, IMO and I have no evidence whatsoever to back my thoughts on this theory.

Gannon... someone suggested way back around the date of Gannon’s body being found, a quite different scenario . It made me attempt to re-evaluate this whole case, and while I haven’t been able to quite accept it, it still offers a somewhat more chilling option...
This is MHO, based on that; much like the typical black widow human, Letecia chose her prey and long ago knew that Gannon and his sister would have to be eliminated, then Al himself.
Letecia may have had no urgency, and the military moves may have delayed the completion of this plan.
We have assumed an act of rage resulted in
harm to Gannon, but it is possible that Letecia did everything in a very methodical way.
She initially planned a runaway child, disappearance, she quickly fell back on kidnapping, and so on.
I still think Gannon WAS on Peaceful Valley
Road, There were too many liesplains in her first stories that fit w/ this...
IMHO, she left Gannon near the sand piles...drugged, she expected him to die from exposure...
She took his sister to school Monday Morning, and then drove by to check, lo and behold, he was still alive!
IMHO, she took him back to house, convincing him, he had been wandering in his sleep
(he may have been so drugged, he was out of it, and merely following her directions)
She had to change her plan, and now needed to document him being alive, hence the sleeping px, then she bludgeoned him to death, w/ little remorse or emotion...
I have been changing my winter duvets, and vacuum bags are incredible, she could have bagged all the bed clothes, etc and put them in the sports bag she carried out...twin size compared to the king size, easily!
Realized none would work for Gannon himself, so she went on shopping and evidence discarding trip.
Collected suitcase from storage and larger bag during this trip, and then went back to house for Gannon, and to finish cleaning.
IMHO, while she does not appear to be
very smart, perhaps her patterns of speech
are deliberate? She is cunning, and she did manage to avoid arrest/discovery for quite sometime...
the amount of activity, etc did not just happen as a result of something that happened after Al left, unless she HAD been
Been planning, for awhile, and the $180,000 remains a question.
There are lots of issues w/ my theory, but
there are so many unknowns for us, I believe the video, the public was given for Monday, was NOT the one LE wanted kept
hidden, but it was used for the original AA, as they needed to have very tight case w/ o a body...
Not necessary to correct this yet...she has been arrested, but that video could have
been days earlier...
So, I am quite confident, Letecia has been planning this for a long time, and in order
for her to accomplish her goals, she had to
keep Al and everyone in the dark...
JMHO, but if true, many of our assumptions will be moot.
I am having co-vid isolation withdrawal as SC begins
to reopen, yesterday, I drove 4 hours to get my 2”of gray Covered, but even better, my hair cut, so I am refusing to go back minute by minute, and immerse myself in Letecia’s
evil, but it is going to be hard to find all the
answers to our questions w/o getting caught up in the emotional turmoil, that this was a little boy’s life destroyed,
By a very evil person, whether planned for months or hours...JMHO
One last thought, He was just a small
11year old, but he took down an incredibly
stronger, evil person... finally, Letecia met
her match, that gives me some peace!...he is a hero!

Last edited:
BBM

This next part is totally my own opinions and thoughts based on the question.
LE assumed she had dumped GS locally. LE probably never considered that LS would do something as crazy as go get GS body AGAIN and take him all the way to Florida(of all places) because:
1. The new category of GS case/status (missing endangered, not just a runaway), and they could tell LS pretty much knew she was suspect #1.
2. All the media attention on the case.
3. Past instances of anyone doing that are so rare that it just wouldn't make sense to jump to that train of thought.
4. LE assumed that being able to tell where she had BEEN, thru gps locations, would lead them to GS either alive or (most likely) dead.

Honestly, off the top of my head I can only think of one case where a killer transported a dead body any considerable distance after the murder. Sometime last year a guy killed his whole family then drove to a police station several counties away with two of his dead relatives in the car. But that's really not the same because he wasn't trying to conceal anything. Iirc, he had one in the trunk but the other was right there in the front passenger seat and was obviously the victim of a brutal, bloody attack even if not obviously dead. Any cop along the route could have taken one look and pulled him over. (I'll cite a link or something to identify this incident when I find it.)

I said all this to say that the cops heard hoof-beats and thought "horses" because they're in Colorado and zebras just aren't the first animal they'd think of... Unfortunately, LS has such an alien mentality they probably should have thought of something you find in an episode of Star Trek.
Yes! Great theory and explanation for not following her.

I will add to it.

The last thing LE wants is to jeopardize their case in any form. By Friday, she has accused LE of violating her rights and pulling a gun on her.

They went by the book and obtained the GPS tracker on the Nissan Altima rental and the Wiretap on two phones.

She was followed electronically.

Unfortunately, she is evasive which is actually fortunate, it proves her guilt more.

LE did their best it is not for lack/want of trying.

The fundraiser will take place Sunday, May 17th, and will benefit the Stauch family.

“It’s become something that I think our community is not going to stand for and it’s time to take a stand against it,” Organizer Stephanie Conyers said.

A poker run is where motorcycles go through different checkpoints while playing their hand on poker, the all-day event will be followed by a memorial ride through Lorson Ranch, the last place Gannon was seen alive.

“It’s a community gathering saying his family has our support and we plan to continue watching people are doing,” Conyers said..

“We are staying at 6 ft. apart in groups of ten or less and if you’re going to be in a group of ten or less we prefer those groups to stay at least 13 ft. apart masks are encouraged but not required,” Conyers said.
upload_2020-5-14_6-57-42.jpeg
Colorado Springs woman organizes fundraiser for Gannon Stauch’s family

BBM

This next part is totally my own opinions and thoughts based on the question.
LE assumed she had dumped GS locally. LE probably never considered that LS would do something as crazy as go get GS body AGAIN and take him all the way to Florida(of all places) because:
1. The new category of GS case/status (missing endangered, not just a runaway), and they could tell LS pretty much knew she was suspect #1.
2. All the media attention on the case.
3. Past instances of anyone doing that are so rare that it just wouldn't make sense to jump to that train of thought.
4. LE assumed that being able to tell where she had BEEN, thru gps locations, would lead them to GS either alive or (most likely) dead.

Honestly, off the top of my head I can only think of one case where a killer transported a dead body any considerable distance after the murder. Sometime last year a guy killed his whole family then drove to a police station several counties away with two of his dead relatives in the car. But that's really not the same because he wasn't trying to conceal anything. Iirc, he had one in the trunk but the other was right there in the front passenger seat and was obviously the victim of a brutal, bloody attack even if not obviously dead. Any cop along the route could have taken one look and pulled him over. (I'll cite a link or something to identify this incident when I find it.)

I said all this to say that the cops heard hoof-beats and thought "horses" because they're in Colorado and zebras just aren't the first animal they'd think of... Unfortunately, LS has such an alien mentality they probably should have thought of something you find in an episode of Star Trek.

Great points, well made and I do remember the case you referenced!
Weird is right!

Just hoping against all hope that this action of hers doesn't qualify for a mental lack of health defence.

Good morning...

giphy.gif

Great points, well made and I do remember the case you referenced!
Weird is right!

Just hoping against all hope that this action of hers doesn't qualify for a mental lack of health defence.
I'm convinced she had help. Not in the actual murder itself,but with moving him,and playing musical cars,playing keep away with the car keys. She said as much herself in her back facing interview. "Oh they caught me". "They were looking for the keys, that were in her car,purse" " They weren't in her purse,they were in my pocket". Also she had her caravan and gang right there during that interview.
MOO

I'm convinced she had help. Not in the actual murder itself,but with moving him,and playing musical cars,playing keep away with the car keys. She said as much herself in her back facing interview. "Oh they caught me". "They were looking for the keys, that were in her car,purse" " They weren't in her purse,they were in my pocket". Also she had her caravan and gang right there during that interview.
MOO
I wonder what story she gave her 'helpers' though and whether they were helping knowingly or innocently? I suspect the latter because there have been no further arrests.

I can't even imagine how this 'loving wife' embraced her frantic husband off his flight at 8.something Tuesday morning and the 'marriage' managed to be over by that evening?

There are mega gaps in this saga..
Wednesday, day after, she had police interview a la teciastyle, new word, Friday she was complaining to the world that she had to leave her home because his former wife had 'moved back in' was implication...

Then she took off, bags and baggage.

I've seen marriages ending quickly but this must be the fastest ever...

I'm curious.
Where did they go when they left the airport?
Straight home?
To the police station?
When did she pack?
What did she take, apart from a dog or two and where was/were dogs housed while she, basically escaped?
I can see somebody offering a room for a few nights or a hotel but dogs can complicate an offer like that..
Was she still there when Landen arrived?
Did they meet up?
I just want her entire search history from all devices.

JMO. I have always wondered if perhaps LS had a male friend who lived out in the area that she went to say goodbye to. Gannon could have been "asleep" in the back seat but woke up and saw them. That would have taken a couple hours of her missing time.

By then she already knew she was leaving.

Maybe possible...maybe not.

JMO. I have always wondered if perhaps LS had a male friend who lived out in the area that she went to say goodbye to. Gannon could have been "asleep" in the back seat but woke up and saw them. That would have taken a couple hours of her missing time.

By then she already knew she was leaving.

Maybe possible...maybe not.
I often thought so too!
I remember sleuthing the property owners near the search locations on Google Earth... trying to find some inhabitant that connected with her from some walk of life, felt sure he was in there somewhere.

Of course it is possible she left the suitcase at an acquaintance's home until she was ready to flee..

According to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, “healthcare staff at the El Paso County Jail provide emergency, preventive, and chronic care for all inmates regardless of legal custody status.” This includes access to a “licensed psychologist, psychiatrist, [and] mental health clinicians.”

Leaked Photos
Stauch said other inmates in the ward have been taking things from her and “selling it on YouTube.”

A photo circulating on social media, which appeared to be a tipped over candle with a brown substance spilled on carpet, was allegedly taken in the Stauch’s Lorson Ranch home. Stauch said that the photo was not one of the items taken from her.

It’s unclear where the photo originated from but Stauch, who offered to take a look at the photo, said she knew nothing about it.

Meanwhile, CrimeOnline spoke via text message with Gannon’s maternal aunt, Veronica Turbeville-Strickland Birkenstock, who has been a constant source of strength and support for Gannon’s mother, Landen Hiott. Birkenstock said that the family will not be making statements until after the trial has concluded.

One of Stauch’s aunts told CrimeOnline that Stauch was once a teacher; she said couldn’t fathom her niece harming a child.
Gannon Stauch: Stepmother accused of killing beloved Colorado boy describes life behind bars in latest jailhouse interview [EXCLUSIVE]

Last edited:
Gannon Stauch: Stepmother accused of killing beloved Colorado boy describes life behind bars in latest jailhouse interview [EXCLUSIVE]

5/14/2020

Although Stauch said she’s unable to talk about the details of the case, she said she was innocent of the charges against her. She added that a witness “officially went on record” with her defense team, but she couldn’t elaborate further, due to the ongoing investigation. [..]

Stauch also revealed that she’s had a chance to think more clearly while behind bars. She said she’s had time to process how her life has been turned upside down throughout most of the year, indicating that she may be experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

“I’m not trying to knock anyone that’s been in war or anything like that, but people handle situations differently,” Stauch said.

“You have plenty of time to sit in here and actually like, breathe and be able to like process it because I hadn’t even went through the emotions of all of it yet you know? And the emotions, you know, of being this bad person and all that.”

Stauch is currently being housed at the ward section of the jail, where inmates receiving mental health services are housed.

“You have plenty of time to sit in here and actually like, breathe and be able to like process it because I hadn’t even went through the emotions of all of it yet you know? And the emotions, you know, of being this bad person and all that.”

deleted my comment. She just makes me
sick.

Last edited:

5/14/2020

Although Stauch said she’s unable to talk about the details of the case, she said she was innocent of the charges against her. She added that a witness “officially went on record” with her defense team, but she couldn’t elaborate further, due to the ongoing investigation. [..]

Stauch also revealed that she’s had a chance to think more clearly while behind bars. She said she’s had time to process how her life has been turned upside down throughout most of the year, indicating that she may be experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

“I’m not trying to knock anyone that’s been in war or anything like that, but people handle situations differently,” Stauch said.

Stauch is currently being housed at the ward section of the jail, where inmates receiving mental health services are housed.
The actual fack ptsd omg just facking speechless and a witness for the defence team is she facking on good drugs. Why do they waste time with her nothing she says is true . Liars just going to lie given a audience. The only thing this does is twist the knife deeper into Landen and Al. Ughhh just a exclusive lie

Oh Jesus God... ptsd. I can't.

Me EITHER!!!! But you knew she was going to somehow make herself out as the victim in all of this, well here she goes! I'm sure she'll continue and increase the victimization and blame on others! Woe is me, she's pathetic!

Edit to add: This is an insult to people with PTSD!

5/14/2020

I think the only witness that will testify on her behalf will be the babysitter, who'd already said that she believed LS was innocent. She said that LS wouldn't spank or get onto the kids when they got into trouble, that AS would do that.

Well aside from LS's complete butchering & disregard for the English language, at least she's come to grips with "being this bad person and all that." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member