Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling this is going to be extremely unpopular, but...

What if SM is telling the truth? She could possibly have narcissistic tendencies and possibly has dissociative disorder. Mix that with the pressure she may put on herself for not being Gannon's "real mom". She might not have been a good mother - those issues would contribute to that.

Has anyone else here been absolutely terrified that you are going to be caught in a store shoplifting yet you've never stolen anything before? You don't even have any intention of stealing but you are just freaking out over it. That probably draws more attention to you and makes you look suspicious. I am very familiar with that and I've never stolen anything. Ever. I'm not sure how to word it but I think that could possibly apply if she is innocent. She's making herself look guilty.

Anyway, just what if she's telling the truth.

Edited to add reasoning: I really, really, really want Gannon to be a runaway. There might be a chance he's out there.
I’ve believed her from the first interview. I felt she was/is lying from omission. I almost felt like an outcast saying so but if I didn’t post my true opinion, I would be a hypocrite. I can’t live with that. I’m unafraid to stand alone. It doesn’t always feel good but I can get through it. LS is plenty guilty of a lot of other stuff. She didn’t kill him. She believes Gannon is coming back. So do I. imo

She was adamant that they believe Gannon is alive. Which means they have credible information pointing towards that. Hmmmmm.. Would they be THAT adamant if they thought he wasn't alive? Give false hope? Is it a trap?
IMO LE is doing what they do in many cases; stating their belief that the child is alive - right up to the moment they find a body. I'm glad they remain hopeful because weird things can and do happen but I'm afraid it won't apply in Gannon's case.

It's been what, 17 days since he disappeared? IMO no child could survive outside in the current weather conditions. No food or water, no warm place to sleep. Was he handed off to someone? What person in their right mind would hide a child while knowing everyone in the state is searching for him? Trafficking? Why would a trafficker want to keep a "hot potato" child while LE is investigating every aspect of his disappearance?

To me the only scenario is that Gannon was fatally harmed by someone and I'm sure LE will discover what happened and who harmed him. It's just a matter of time. MOO.

Does anyone in the family have anything to do with the Air Force cuz the Air Force Academy is very north EPC, right next to Monument which is right beside southern Douglas County.
Don't mind me. Thinking out loud. IMO
I live on USAFA (Air Force Academy) and have thought of several hiking trails on base, including some that go off base. I'm just not sure how much access guard members have. Anything found on base would have federal consequences so I keep thinking that probably isn't likely. She's not that stupid, is she?!?!

Everyone keeps mentioning 83 to the east, but there is also 105 on the west side of I-25. You can access Rampart range (rr) road from there, as well as several hiking trails. I learned my lesson on winter driving trying to get up to RR, tho, and it would not be an easy drive. Even with 4wd.

Some folks may remember the Kevin Rudnicki case from a year or so ago, as well as another one (name eludes me) the year prior. Both from Monument and Mt Herman. That forest Rd comes out close to Douglas county on RR.

I’ve believed her from the first interview. I felt she was/is lying from omission. I almost felt like an outcast saying so but if I didn’t post my true opinion, I would be a hypocrite. I can’t live with that. I’m unafraid to stand alone. It doesn’t always feel good but I can get through it. LS is plenty guilty of a lot of other stuff. She didn’t kill him. She believes Gannon is coming back. So do I. imo

Although, I don't agree with you, I applaud you. :)
I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT AND I AM WRONG!!! ❤️

Hi everyone! New here...I have been following along on WS since Gannon went missing, also followed along during the whole Watts case. I've been trying to believe TS--trying to give her benefit of doubt--if only to have hope for Gannon.

But I've been wondering: How often, in missing children cases, do LE adamantly say they suspect the missing child is alive, and unfortunately turns out he/she wasn't, and it turns out LE actually did suspect foul play once the POI/suspect was charged? I guess I am trying to justify my hope here for Gannon.

Without a doubt, TS needs some serious psychiatric evaluations, and with every passing day seems to be portraying herself as the person who disappeared Gannon...but is it crazy to hope she's telling the truth? And that maybe LE is too? IDK...just thinking out loud here. Anyway! Happy to officially be a part of WS, instead of a lurker.

They're going to have their work cut out for them searching up there. It's not the boonies but you can slip into some heavily forested areas rather quickly. Lots of very large private properties that they'd need permission to search, which is time-consuming. The good news is that Douglas County SAR and El Paso County SAR are truly top-notch and probably continuing to assist EPCSO in a big way.

What if SM is telling the truth? She could possibly have narcissistic tendencies and possibly has dissociative disorder. Mix that with the pressure she may put on herself for not being Gannon's "real mom". She might not have been a good mother - those issues would contribute to that.

Has anyone else here been absolutely terrified that you are going to be caught in a store shoplifting yet you've never stolen anything before? You don't even have any intention of stealing but you are just freaking out over it. That probably draws more attention to you and makes you look suspicious. I am very familiar with that and I've never stolen anything. Ever. I'm not sure how to word it but I think that could possibly apply if she is innocent. She's making herself look guilty.

Edited to add reasoning: I really, really, really want Gannon to be a runaway. There might be a chance he's out there.
I brought this up in the last thread and was not very popular for it. I am in no way a fan of TS she is one sick puppy but, I thought this same thing. I just want him to be alive somewhere...please!

I wish it were!

You mentioned you are in the area. Which area are they looking in? Like along Hwy 105 where it's marshy?
I don’t know that I would call it marshy. It’s east of I25 off of 105, not too Far East (not sure why it keeps capitalizing that - Asia I suppose). Lots of trees and big lots but it’s pretty populated and busy unless you get off 105.

Where's Gannon? I'd like to hear TS say "I don't know where Gannon is. We left the house that day, went to Petco, he stayed in the truck, when I came back out, he was gone"

Truth? Yeah, I'd like to hear some truth. Like, how about THE FIRST TIME. Truth right up front. That'd be just dandy. Like, the WHOLE truth. Like, NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.

If the lips are moving, it's either TRUTH, or LIES. In this case, I'm currently in the "LIES" camp.
She's too busy trying to pin the blame on someone else to actually tell the truth.

The sad part is that she did this to herself the moment that she said that the birth mom didn't want to take care of Gannon. It's her lack of concern for Gannon that makes people look directly at her, but what she doesn't realize is that it's too darn late. People are NOT going to look away and she is only digging the hole she's fallen into deeper and deeper. There's no getting out now. Not until LE finds out the real truth.

Not sure what I can reply to this without going back and sifting through MSM, but I *think* all of this is accurate AFAIK according to MSM -
AS (dad) is army, likely AGR meaning he has a full time postion at a National Guard unit which was reportedly the 100th Missile Defense located at Shreiver (sp?) AFB. That said, Military is military and with a dependent ID she could access any base ( of which there are I believe 5 in Co. Springs including USAFA)
And yes, USAFA is located toward the north part of El Paso County, but not *that* far north. Not close to S Douglas Cty. And honestly, going onto a military base to commit a crime would be terrifying imo. There is so much open space in true northern EPC / southern DC, I cannot imagine USAFA is at all probable.
The Tri-lakes area is futher west by I-25, there's massive road construction and what looks to be 1 hour by car would likely be 1.5. The Black Forest area and ?? Canyon state park area (Drawing a blank on the name) on the east side up highway 83 seems much more likely, with tons (i mean TONS) of back roads and open space.

JMO
Castle Canyon.. beautiful area

Although, I don't agree with you, I applaud you. :)
I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT AND I AM WRONG!!! ❤️
I do have a theory in mind. The waiting game is going to be so tense. If I’m wrong, I’ll own it. Loud and clear. Everyone get ready to box up all the crow you can find and send it to Foolsland, USA.

Oh man I can't keep up!

Just a couple of general comments right now if I may.

In all the years I've been here, and it's been a few, I have never experienced a thread or threads where 99% of those posting are thinking the same things at the same time. It's uncanny.

We are all reading TS the same. She's not fooling any of us, she's not fooling anyone (except for one group) over in Facebookland and rest assured, she is certainly not fooling LE. We all know what we are dealing with.

It is actually fascinating to watch this unfold. Her inability to take any type of responsibility for what has happened. Blaming others, including Gannon, for his own disappearance. Lashing out. Devolving. Lying. Attempts to manipulate. Attempts to stay ahead of the Investigation. Her need to be in the spotlight. Her jealousy of LH. Her inability to stay quiet. Her lack of self awareness. This woman creates chaos in every single corner of her life and the lives of those around her.

However fascinating it is, it is wrought with sadness, because it's all at Gannon's expense.

You're not fooling anyone. We know what you did. Time to fess up and let us bring Gannon home.

MOO

Last edited:
BREAKING in the last hour: the search for Gannon Stauch is headed North, potentially near and into Palmer Lake, according to KRDO’s 2pm article.

1 hour ago

Edited 3:13. Crews are searching Woodmoor Mountain.

#gannonstrong

The Palmer Lake Herald

Hmmm...I'd be surprised if the stepmother has any connection with this area. Pretty upscale neighborhood, and not where a body would be placed, IMO.

If not her, then who has a connection to this area?

I don’t know that I would call it marshy. It’s east of I25 off of 105, not too Far East (not sure why it keeps capitalizing that - Asia I suppose). Lots of trees and big lots but it’s pretty populated and busy unless you get off 105.
Ohh, OK I was looking west of I-25. So then more near Monument than Larkspur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member