Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew. I just followed this dirt road near Palmer Lake (in my location app). It sure does wind around in a seemingly desolate area. I saw a similar road going along North Monument Creek. Can just anyone enter a drive along such a road as the one in attached pictures? I hear you about Palmer Lake being in constant use...but what troubles me are the nearby roads surrounded by nothingness.

I can not even imagine how LE approaches searches in a state like CO.
The problem is those nice dirt roads aren't simple driveable areas after lots of snow piles on top. The plows don't always (ever?) get to those places. I can't remember how much snow had piled up back at the end of January.

If Gannon is there to be found, I pray they find him. With all that snow cover, how dreadful if they searched an area and missed him.

It's heart warming to know how dedicated LE is --

JMO

I don't think TS stashed Gannon away or someone is holding him. First of all, who would participate in that? And I feel they would have released him by now with all the publicity. Secondly, Gannon is old enough to "tell" what happened when he returned.

Well, given how many fan-people TS has on FB and Instagram, I suppose she could have equally fan-like people in her real life. If she's got the kind of personailty/mentality I think she does, then it's likely that she has taken other people in. It's a reason why she's so active on SM. She networks.

A better theory would, of course, be a romantic partner.

However, I'm guessing that if you polled the people active on this thread, they'd vote soundly against any version of this. I too want to have some hope.

Hmmm...was there anything in LS’ statement from last night that would lead police to searching this area? Nothing is jumping out at me.

Nope.

I'm guessing the police have other data. If she turned off her GPS, they can still get info from the phone provider (is my understanding). But it takes time. They'd want a warrant. The cell data is probably all over the place (like she was that day). Better to search each area carefully.

I'm also guessing that as they get more surveillance videos from more homes and businesses in each of the likely areas pointed to by the cell data, they are revising their search parameters. That's actually an area of specialty (forensic anthropologists are sometimes called in at that point, as well as mapping experts, rangers with experience in that particular wilderness, and local experts).

Absolutely....the REAL (clear-as-a-bell) video....not a shadowy camera copy of it.

MOO
Right.

Why didn't she tell about the Monday outing until AFTER the neighbor found the video....because she's hiding something. If he came home fine and dandy, the Monday outing would have been part of the narrative from the start.

jmopinion

Why hasn't LE announced a child stranger abduction . If I was local and living nearby with a small child, I would like to know this information. Has LE looked into child predators. I would believe they investigate all known child predators and sex offenders. If I wrong on this please let me know. I can't remember if LE focused on this.

That's how I took it. And she took a time stamped selfie with Gannon inside the truck, something she "always" does to send to AS. Um, okay... Luckily they can be "scanned for actual time verification."

She's claiming Gannon got out on the other side of the truck and this was cleared (by LE?).

So... story of Gannon bleeding in garage. LE has "description" of person Gannon went to see but no name? He got out of truck from other side. Selfie "proof." Locked gate and only Gannon has the key.

What a cluster you know what. So how much do we believe?
BBM: Her statement is a hot mess. The photo she claims to have taken inside the truck and sent to AS? Then why was AS so surprised and upset seeing the video showing him that she lied about leaving the house with Gannon? The story about him cutting his foot in the garage? But the very next day she takes him on a hike? Like I said, this story is a hot mess and then some.

Absolutely....the REAL (clear-as-a-bell) video....not a shadowy camera copy of it.

MOO

Agreed, the shadow thing seems real enough, but she's probably formulating a story to explain it. IMO, the video was out for many days before a shadow was mentioned, now she has a statement that specifically says "shadow". I can totally see that blip being GS exiting, but if it is, why doesn't her statement explain it better than "there were shadows". Maybe it was just someone walking out of the garage between the cars and doubled back. Maybe it was the effects of bootlegging the original video.

Whew. I just followed this dirt road near Palmer Lake (in my location app). It sure does wind around in a seemingly desolate area. I saw a similar road going along North Monument Creek. Can just anyone enter a drive along such a road as the one in attached pictures? I hear you about Palmer Lake being in constant use...but what troubles me are the nearby roads surrounded by nothingness.

I can not even imagine how LE approaches searches in a state like CO.

Why, yes, I sure do believe so - and in much of the west, there are many roads like this. Anyone can go on the roads, they risk being stuck if they don't have the right kind of vehicle, and I'm guessing there's even celll service for some of these places at the edge of CS.

Many of us have off roading as a hobby, out here. I love remote roads, one way, with curves and drop-offs, my dad is from Colorado and he and his family loved it too. Now, I worry a little about isolation and safety, but for most of my life, that never crossed my mind.

LS took the truck that day because she knew she needed higher clearance on her vehicle. MOO.

The problem is those nice dirt roads aren't simple driveable areas after lots of snow piles on top. The plows don't always (ever?) get to those places. I can't remember how much snow had piled up back at the end of January.
You would probably do a little better in a big ole truck, huh? IMO

Some interesting comments from locals in the the Woodmoor Area and maps to the hypothetical shopping centers just 20 minutes south of that area.

The Palmer Lake Herald

JMO

20 minutes from those hypothetical stores....very interesting....very.
I wonder if any cell pings or GPS info from any vehicles has led to this particular search area.

MOO

I could have sworn that the listed some agencies that have assisted them and I seem to remember the FBI being listed but I can't seem to find that article...maybe im over tired too :confused:

Here you go.

It's posted on the EPCSD's website:

Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case

SABBM:

To date, we have received 324 tips. Any pertinent information on this case will be put out as the investigation allows. We will continue to share even the smallest update in this case.

Our partners in our search and investigation efforts are:
4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Army (multiple units - volunteers), Army 4th Engineer Battalion (volunteers), Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Colorado Springs Fire Department, Colorado Springs Police Department, Fountain Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, El Paso County Public Works, El Paso County Search and Rescue, Emergency Incident Support
, the FBI, Flight for Life (searching purposes only), Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers), Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management, Salvation Army, Verizon Wireless, and VOAD.

I know you were only asking about the FBI, not the District Attorney's office.

But, you know.

Any time I see mention of the 4th Judicial DA, I have to highlight it.

Because…well.

Dan May!

JMO.

Last edited:
Here you go.

It's posted on the EPCSD's website:

Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case

SABBM:

To date, we have received 324 tips. Any pertinent information on this case will be put out as the investigation allows. We will continue to share even the smallest update in this case.

Our partners in our search and investigation efforts are:
4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Army (multiple units - volunteers), Army 4th Engineer Battalion (volunteers), Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Colorado Springs Fire Department, Colorado Springs Police Department, Fountain Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, El Paso County Public Works, El Paso County Search and Rescue, Emergency Incident Support
, the FBI, Flight for Life (searching purposes only), Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers), Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management, Salvation Army, Verizon Wireless, and VOAD.

I know you were only asking about the FBI, not the District Attorney's office.

But, you know.

Any time I see mention of the 4th Judicial DA, I have to highlight it.

Because, Dan May!

JMo.
Thank you! I am new to this site and I have heard his name ALOT why is that? Has he done good things with cases in the past?

Just FYI, it's been snowing here again today, specifically in the higher elevation, and it's been cold. It sounds like they've been out since 7:30 am so it's been a rough day for the searchers. It's dark now. Hard to believe they're still out. If you're the praying type, remember them in your prayers. More snow is expected tonight between Denver and Monument, too.

Why, yes, I sure do believe so - and in much of the west, there are many roads like this. Anyone can go on the roads, they risk being stuck if they don't have the right kind of vehicle, and I'm guessing there's even celll service for some of these places at the edge of CS.

Many of us have off roading as a hobby, out here. I love remote roads, one way, with curves and drop-offs, my dad is from Colorado and he and his family loved it too. Now, I worry a little about isolation and safety, but for most of my life, that never crossed my mind.

LS took the truck that day because she knew she needed higher clearance on her vehicle. MOO.
There are a lot of long windy roads, but the thing is the snow melts fast here and unless you’re up really high altitude-wise, it’s not hard to get around. We have people who will ride bicycles the afternoon of a snowstorm and have no problem. Hwy 105, hwy 83 and even the roads between Palmer lake and larkspur are anything but desolate. Even in the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO LE is doing what they do in many cases; stating their belief that the child is alive - right up to the moment they find a body. I'm glad they remain hopeful because weird things can and do happen but I'm afraid it won't apply in Gannon's case.

It's been what, 17 days since he disappeared? IMO no child could survive outside in the current weather conditions. No food or water, no warm place to sleep. Was he handed off to someone? What person in their right mind would hide a child while knowing everyone in the state is searching for him? Trafficking? Why would a trafficker want to keep a "hot potato" child while LE is investigating every aspect of his disappearance?

To me the only scenario is that Gannon was fatally harmed by someone and I'm sure LE will discover what happened and who harmed him. It's just a matter of time. MOO.
bbm
Current temp in Colorado Springs is 25 F, and it's barely dark there, I would assume. Too cold for too many days and nights.
bbm
If a child predator kidnapped him, and if the predator did what most do with young children, then that beautiful boy was killed within 24 hours of capture. IMO, the odds are against this type of disappearance...
When I first saw Gannon's picture, all I wanted to do was hug him. So sweet looking, and I love hugging little boys -- it's that mom and son thing, you know. He was our only, and I got lotsa hugs. I certainly hope Gannon got a lot of them, too.

No, I don't buy it.

I think SM watched that video on youtube and formed her story around it.

If he came home, wouldn't she say - "Hey, we headed to the doctor but he was feeling better so we bailed on that idea (or wherever they were headed) and came back home. He chilled for awhile and then wanted to see a friend. I worried about his foot, but he said it was better."

Nope - she just says there is video evidence of a shadow or some such nonsense. And I think it's nonsense.

And kudos to the youtuber for looking, but I think LE and FBI will be able to make their own determinations about the video.

jmo
Yes, in her statement she implies that 'LE' has discovered video evidence using specific technology that proves Gannon got out of the other side of the truck.

Since LE would never share this kind of information with her, it's just her own conclusion which she likely got from following the case on line. Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member