Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, I believe today’s update may be short and sweet because not everyone is working today, since it’s Sunday, so maybe the person who normally writes these out wasn’t in? Either way they wanted to be sure an update was posted for consistency (and because people go insane if they don’t). I don’t want to read too much into the content or lack thereof. Alternatively, maybe they’re feeling just as disheartened and weary at the end of this weekend as we all are...JMO

Last Sunday 2-9 was so lengthy it took me 2 snips to get it all.

Attachments

• 2-9-20  1.PNG
    2-9-20 1.PNG
    64 KB · Views: 82
  • 2-9-20  2.PNG
    2-9-20 2.PNG
    385.4 KB · Views: 70
2017 Nissan Frontier sv 4x4 V6 NissanConnect ( Nissan version of OnStar) Don't need the subscription for LE to have it tracked. With the over sized tires- it doesn't get the gas mileage listed, and the speedometer will be off a bit as well. This truck came in both manual and automatic transmission. Should have a nav system- included in the 4x4 package

Last edited:
There actually is a well-devised system that's been used for years by LE.....Statement Analysis.

Police departments attend training sessions lead by professionals. (Google Peter Hyatt.)

The 911 call often points the finger in a certain direction as a long list of tells are analyzed, several of which Go997 mentioned.

Thanks, I did actually mention Peter Hyatt in the post. The idea only came to me after watching and re-watching all of his videos, as I'm sure most of you have also done. Some red flags won't be covered by statement analysis though. An example would be refusing to show one's face on camera, when being interviewed.

To me that's a red flag, although an experienced sleuther might well disagree. My point was to ask if it would not be possible to create a scoring system based on all red flags that experienced sleuthers believed to be relevant (?). Much of this would be from statement analysis, but presumably not all. Some suspects may not even provide a statement.

and if it goes to a DP case what do you estimate the costs would be?

DP cases in Colorado.
The material I found says MOO 3.5 million a case, that is both for the prosecution and the defense. MOO A private attorney is going to be a little more than half of 3.5 million because defense usually spends more than prosecution.

DP cases in Colorado.
The material I found says MOO 3.5 million a case, that is both for the prosecution and the defense. MOO A private attorney is going to be a little more than half of 3.5 million because defense usually spends more than prosecution.
WOW!
Then there are 10 yrs of appeals and they will cost extra... nightmare that state money must be spent on murderers and alleged murderers...

I was driving somewhere yesterday with my daughter (27) and we were chatting away as always... I was talking about a 'celebrity' here in the UK called Caroline Flack who committed suicide and my daughter said 'mum, you just proved a point about Gannons Stepmom ... you KNOW Caroline is dead and yet you've just said 3 or 4 sentences about her in present tense' ... Stepmom used past tense SO many times when she spoke about Gannon, on the back to camera interview and in her social media posts'

I'm so frustrated following this case! No Gannon, no arrests, no POI, no appeal for particular information - 'did you see this truck' etc

I cannot fathom how Gannons Mom and Dad address keeping going ...
All of us feel the same because we are watching from far away. Truth is though that LE are likely keeping Gannon's parents well informed of what they know and they are keeping track of the last person who saw Gannon and she is their person of interest. They didn’t say so but it’s a moot point.
I believe an arrest will be made sooner, rather than later, with or without Gannon. As another poster stated today, SM must be the dumbest person in CO today. And just as Frazee was considered the most arrogant only a few short months ago, SM now beats him at that too.

EPCSheriff‏Verified account @EPCSheriff
Media Opportunity: EPSO PIO, will be at 13802 South Perry Park Rd from 1:30 -3 to highlight search efforts and answer questions on the continued search for Gannon. Currently media close to search areas are obstructing traffic. Please move out of the roadway. #FindGannon [bbm]

EQrfRU5UwAA-P2h.jpg

11:33 AM - 13 Feb 2020

I think EPCS has done a great job updating both the media and public and hope media will be more respectful of EPCS's efforts trying to bring Gannon home.

SM could have driven to many locations that Monday, stopping at each for a period of time (10-20 minutes each?) and maybe only one location might contain precious and/or relevant evidence.

The *advertiser censored* and Go report: I am not sure who originally reported the sighting. Given what little has been reported about it I can only assume LE drove SM to the store to view surveillance video to confirm whether or not it was GS. There was video of a child at the location so I wonder by whom and how that 'sighting' was reported?

Was it a friend or stranger who contacted SM or LE about the sighting? If so, how did they know GS was missing?
*advertiser censored* and Go is facebook rumor and not allowed here.
Edit: there is a MSM article
Bio mom stated it wasn't her son.

Last edited:
LE always says how many tips they have received. I guess they have their reasons, but in some cases that go on and on, it is not especially satisfying to hear they have had 5000 tips, i.e. as clearly they have not had the tip they need...jmo

snipped by me..

And let us not forget, in her famous interview, she told us she was the last person to see Gannon. :rolleyes:
Lol! If you think about it, how does she know she was the last person to see him?

° Went to a friend's
° Think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching
°From day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with.

HOW does she know she was the last person to see him?

Because she WAS the last person to see him, and those 3 bullet points above are lies.

WOW!
Then there are 10 yrs of appeals and they will cost extra... nightmare that state money must be spent on murderers and alleged murderers...
Well the DP has some value as a bargaining chip. It may come to play here. LThe deal may be offered, where is the body in exchange for LWP instead of DP.

Why is LE so pushing the tip count with each update point? A tactic to attempt to rattle a perp?

Possibly, because they didn't state how many were viable.

I think there are multiple reasons for publicizing the tip count. LE are the first to state that they investigate every lead or tip while having to also remind the public that social media is not a source for credible information and how reporting tips from alternative news sources takes a lot of valuable time and manpower away from an investigation.

Personally, I don't think a perp listens about the tip count and only counts the number of days they are getting away with a crime and how time will be their friend for both destroying forensic evidence and determining manner and cause of death. MOO

I think you’re spot on about the cut story, in that she was trying to protect herself in the event law enforcement found blood in the garage.

In regards to that alleged Google search, her motivation would have been different. She was trying to leave a false trail, and guide law enforcement to the conclusion that Gannon ran away.

It appears to have worked, if only briefly.

Ironically, it was hearing about that search that immediately pushed me to the conclusion that he didn’t run away, and SM had staged the scene.

“Gannon didn’t come home from his friend’s house, let me check his Google history...” Just way too damn weird and convenient.

That’s why I thought she was lying, even before she ever spoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asa_Lange