Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO The need at times to discuss things graphic in these cases is certainly there. IMHO, one must steel their nerves to the likelihood of it.

Also, a fire would easily be seen at night, for miles around, in particular, one with the intention of cremating a body, which, BTW, would STILL leave lots of evidence.

I think someone, maybe several, who are involved in this thing, possibly Gannon himself, was/were at that site, and the sifting of the snow was intended to glean items of evidence that LE felt were there, based on discoveries that were made in the earlier, pole and shovel searches. MOO
Another reason to discount fire is that it leaves a strong smoke odor on anyone near the fire. The smoke would likely be in SM's long hair as well as clothes - which would be noticeable to others she interacted with Monday evening, imo.

Plus, I don't see how she would have time.

jmo

This is a gruesome story. Potentially relevant. I hope not.

Thawing the snow and sifting the soil, detectives found 2,660 hairs, one fingernail, one toe nail, two teeth, one tooth cap and five droplets of blood. From this microscopic evidence, doctors were able to prove that Richard Crafts had disposed of his wife’s body with a wood chipper near the river. The most important evidence was that the tooth cap matched Helle’s dental records.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/green-beret-indicted-for-murder

Where would TS obtain a wood chipper?

Taking a moment to think outside a dreaded box. I know how things look but what if....
As of Sunday LE said they still hope to bring Gannon home alive.
Went back trough SM statement.
"I'm like, 'Why are you saying Gannon is dead?' He is not dead. We are gonna find Gannon."
"... We should all come together, wait until the end, and see what happens because Gannon is going to come home."
ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for 3 weeks

She seems so certain. Like she knows something we don’t know.
So what is it TS? What do u know? When exactly is the end? When’s he coming home alive?
Is he just gonna appear on the side of the highway like Sherri Papini? Moo
IMO, that's a lifetime of gaslighting and manipulation at work.

When that lie doesn't pan out, she'll have other lies to tell.

JMOpinion

Taking a moment to think outside a dreaded box. I know how things look but what if....
"I'm like, 'Why are you saying Gannon is dead?' He is not dead. We are gonna find Gannon."
"... We should all come together, wait until the end, and see what happens because Gannon is going to come home."

So what is it TS? What do u know? When exactly is the end? When’s he coming home alive?

Yes, but while she was saying those things, she was also speaking of Gannon in the past tense.

I can't be sure as I don't pay that close attention to highway plowing but the plows come through, bank up the snow, that's it. Certainly there is someone who knows more than I do. People just need to drive 105, not park on it, so I have only seen snow plows.
As a CO native, I am going to say that we are lucky to get a 'once over' with a snow plow, and if it has been plowed once, it is highly unlikely that it will get more attention unless we receive significantly more snowfall that needs to be plowed again.

Those words could easily be an attempt to persuade the public that the person who spoke them really cares. To give false hope. To direct a search down paths that lead to nowhere. To appear normal. To provide plausible deniability down the road by saying, it couldn't have been me, I was actually out there searching, and caring, and hoping, just like all of you.

JMOpinion
I would tend to agree with you both. But...
If you see him, please call the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office right away at 719-390-5555 or 911.

Snow Sifters Used In Search For Missing 11-Year-Old Gannon Stauch

There just seems to still be a slim chance LE really does believe he is still alive.

Are we absolutely positive it was Gannon in that video getting into the truck? Could it have been his sister dressed in his clothing?

I wondered the very same thing. I'm thinking there are clearer images of the video, as reportedly Dad was moved to tears after seeing it and LE hasn't openly questioned it either.

I wonder if she smashed items like his Switch, phone etc. with a mallet on the woodworking table into little pieces and then took them up to the search area and disposed of them.

Snipped by me.

This made me wonder....people have noted (I'm not one, but admittedly I have spent very little time reviewing the camera footage from them leaving) that Gannon looked slow/lethargic with his movements to the truck. I wonder if he was crying (audio would probably be the tell-tell and could be a portion of why his father was crying) and it's from TS smashing/breaking things of his? If that's the case, that makes me think that whatever has happened was a spur of the moment thing - like TS couldn't "handle" him crying and lost it and caused a significant injury to Gannon...then went through extreme measures to disappear him/conceal her involvement.

I imagine that will prohibit search efforts today.
Any forecast suggesting how long it is in for at all?
Maybe not. It’s supposed to clear up in the area they were searching yesterday and not snow there again until Wed afternoon/evening. IMO they may have a slow start today because of road conditions & wrecks ..not snow. This video is from a Denver station. The search area, Larkspur is halfway between Castle Rock and Monument .
Marty Coniglio on Twitter

Are there any types of metal that can't be found with a metal detector? Just curious. It's good to have an expert. Thank you!

Well, I would guess there may be some exotic stuff out there that might not be picked up, I've never tried it on say, mercury, or gallium. (my guess here is, yes, my machine would detect these too) But otherwise, gold, silver, copper, iron, brass, lead, tin, aluminum, platinum, palladium, tungsten, all that stuff, yep, it'll hit on it all.

TS's recitation of "why are you saying Gannon is dead?", IMO, is attempted to make us "look away" from the criticism she knows she received, about referring to Gannon in past tense.

"We should all come together", is more of her Coke-commercial nonsense.

I could make the same guarantee. My AT Pro is pretty good for forensics, but I would love to have a Minelab CTX 3030.

So, assuming that CO would get only the finest metal detector operators (as I am saying here), what, in your experienced opinion, is the point of the sifting search, if it is not to look for only organic material?

JMOpinion

Yeah, I'm not convinced of anything by her word salad, other than that she's (a), recently listened to the Beatles' "Come Together"; (b), is old enough to remember video stores and signs reading "Be Kind! Rewind!"

But, at 10:15am his sister would be at school, correct?

Yup.

And with zero indications from her school contradicting this fact, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member