Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they won't retrieve much with shovels, they will break anything that's there, especially after this interval.. . it MUST be evidence, non body evidence... but what can it be?

IMO they are looking for clothing, a non-metal weapon like a bat, or (sadly) a body. From what I've seen they're grid searching walking side by side plunging the shovel in every couple feet. I think if they come in contact with something then they would dig. They would use metal detectors if they were looking for metal object(s), this is most likely the only method to look for something that may have become buried in the snow. We've had a couple snows since Gannon went missing. A little melting today, but there's at least 6-7 inches left in areas that haven't melted. I've seen S&R use this type of technique with search poles in shallow water or marshy areas. The shovels would pierce through the snow.
I hate to utter these words and it makes me incredibly sad, but all signals point that this is a search and retrieval operation at this point. MOO I just want answers and resolution for AS & LH.

Thank you so much for putting this into words - I picture something similar. I think it's entirely possible she returned and moved him. She had several days to do it. I sure hope not, but it's very possible. When she returned, she would have been more focused and cagier.

That fits my sense of what happened, too.

I don’t think this was possible as I think LE were watching her from the moment she reported him missing. Although she reported him as a runaway and LE went with that story, I don’t think they believed her at all.

Good night all. Be safe. It will be midnight here before the Interview airs. My heart breaks for Mom and I don't think I can watch and try to sleep. I'll see it in the morning. This case is absolutely gut wrenching.

I am not convinced he is buried. That would of taken a lot of time, hours. I had a hard time digging a hole for my sons guinea pig in the spring. It took a hour for the hole, that my dog dug up anyway (horrible, I know).
I have to agree with this. I think that in mid winter in CO you could find a wide open private area and drag a body to a middle of a field or open space and that body may not be found for months. There was little to no snow in the area on January 27th. If you thought you had covered your tracks, and you were miles, hours, from home, and you picked an unoccupied private area, what is the likelihood that someone would stumble upon this body?

I don’t think this was possible as I think LE were watching her from the moment she reported him missing. Although she reported him as a runaway and LE went with that story, I don’t think they believed her at all.

Respectfully disagree. AFAIK, LE did in fact list him as a runaway and treat this as a runaway - and not just for one day. For several days. Heck, Albert doesn't get home until some time on Tuesday. What was LS doing Tuesday morning?

I think people truly overestimate police resources, on the ground. Why do you think they disbelieved her on days 1-4?

I have to agree with this. I think that in mid winter in CO you could find a wide open private area and drag a body to a middle of a field or open space and that body may not be found for months. There was little to no snow in the area on January 27th. If you thought you had covered your tracks, and you were miles, hours, from home, and you picked an unoccupied private area, what is the likelihood that someone would stumble upon this body?
Apparently zero

Who was in the photo and did Clayton tweet it or was it the Denver Channel? TIA
It was a photo of Landen.this one
ERQEH0WX0AAr-bf

The search for human remains in the SAR environment is a PDF and interesting article that explains about what searchers are trained to look for and what happens to a body and soil in the stages of decomposition. I don't know how to attach it but if your interested in what the searchers know and look for it's very informative. It's definitely not a pretty subject so for some avoiding it is best. If you want to read it Google it and if you know how to link a PDF feel free to do it.

Do you think they were on to her from the get go? I was thinking maybe they had doubts, but not enough to keep a tail on her. At least right away, maybe? What do you think brought them to the area they are?

Last edited:
Respectfully disagree. AFAIK, LE did in fact list him as a runaway and treat this as a runaway - and not just for one day. For several days. Heck, Albert doesn't get home until some time on Tuesday. What was LS doing Tuesday morning?

I think people truly overestimate police resources, on the ground. Why do you think they disbelieved her on days 1-4?

You are referring to what LE said publicly.

LE is pretty good at what they do (usually). I certainly think they had personnel going in two directions early on, probably as soon as being steered towards the search on GS’s phone.

There is no way they could publicly discuss the second avenue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member