Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot going on in Colorado Springs and has been for awhile even with the military bases. Lots of arrests for many different things - shootings, trafficking, child *advertiser censored*, etc. Especially this base. This just happened last night. Not saying any is related to the other but I can't stare at the gate or video again today and what if it is? Not convinced myself at the moment but I do think other possibilities should be looked at. When LE is quiet they are working the hardest plus I think they have way more resources than we know.

An "armed and dangerous" soldier was arrested in the Texas Panhandle hours after allegedly shooting and seriously injuring a Fountain man Saturday night.

Sandoval had fled the scene with a 17-year-old girl, who was also found in Texas. The teen, Keloe Roxie-Malia Tata, was not a suspect in the shooting and had been considered missing and endangered.

Fort Carson soldier accused in weekend shooting arrested in Texas

I am under the impression that mom, dad, kids, family are off limits even down to mentioning a name. They're victims and shouldn't be discussed outside of MSM there's quite a bit posted today. I know it's hard when things are quiet and not a lot of new info. I personally won't say much outside of what's in MSM to play it on the safe side. WS has always been a factual place to go and discuss unlike the drama filled FB pages. I don't even comment and rarely go over there. Too much. Hoping we can get back on track. Text is hard to read sometimes knowing what the tone is. Our words and statements can be powerful.

Praying today is the day GS is found.

But his own conclusion, whether or not influenced by what the neighbor said, may have been the wrong conclusion. For example, if Gannon actually was in the car when it returned (the shadow theory -- which I don't necessarily subscribe to) or there was some reasonable explanation why Gannon didn't come back to the house in the truck but did come back before 3:00-3:15 and the explanation hadn't yet been provided because whether Gannon came back with the stepmother in the truck wasn't an issue until the neighbor produced the video. I suppose she could have previously said I brought him home in the truck and he was with me when we pulled in the driveway at 2:19, but I wouldn't think so until there was some issue raised about the truth of your story that Gannon was home with her before leaving the house at 3:00-3:15. jmo

As I see it, the video brings the timeline into view.

I never believed he ran away. That Google search, and the fact that not a single person saw him, or camera captured him, made that extremely unlikely.

I couldn’t figure out what day he disappeared. It all came down to when he was last seen alive. That meant something could have happened from Saturday into Monday.

With this video though, we have solid evidence he was still alive on Monday morning.

If he returns from that drive, then nothing makes sense. He still can’t have run away, because of the problems I already addressed. There’s no time for TS to do anything nefarious, as any trips would be caught on camera and time was running out.

The video explains that, and the dad’s reaction puts an exclamation point on it.

I don't know how tall Gannon is in relation to the car. If I cut my foot, I don't know that I would put my foot up on the car bumper for someone to clean and bandage - particularly when that someone probably had to go into the house to get a bandage. I might sit on the car bumper - but ordinarily that wouldn't result in blood on the bumper.

I'm short, so I'd find it pretty uncomfortable, if not impossible, to stand with one foot up on an SUV bumper.

She said he was on the edge of the car (paraphrasing) while being bandaged. To me, this means he sat on the bumper or running board -- or maybe just even leaned up against it. Makes perfect sense to me. The speculation has been of blood in the garage, not necessarily on the vehicle itself -- although it wouldn't surprise me if there was that speculation as well lol

We know what he told the whole world, why would we think he told the father less?
I think the important part is, we don't actually know what he said to AS, other than what has been reported.

We know it was reported that he (RD) showed him the video.
We know it was reported he (AS) broke down and cried, and said "she lied, she lied about the time, he didn't go to a friend's house".

It has never been reported (as far as I know?) that AS was crying because neighbor dude said his kid was drugged.

But seriously, tell us how you really feel about the neighbor dude. ;)

I'm kidding, although I really don't know why you're so down on RD.
I mean, no one here even knows the guy, but he doesn't come off like an attention seeker to me.

jmo
Me either.

On Monday, Roderrick Drayton, a neighbor of Stauch’s, shared surveillance video from his home that captured footage of what he says shows Stauch and his stepmother, Leticia Stauch, getting into a red truck in the driveway of their Colorado Springs home on Monday, Jan. 27 – the day the boy went missing. The video later, Drayton said, shows the truck returning hours later but with only the stepmother appearing to get out.

Drayton told Denver7 he went back to review his surveillance camera video from that day as the search for Stauch intensified over the past week.

“I just kind of backtracked from Saturday to Monday, and that’s when I caught some information,” he said.

ABC News reported Tuesday that a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office did not dispute Drayton’s account of what the video showed but said it was just a piece in the investigation.

Drayton said he shared the video with Stauch’s father, Albert Stauch, and that the father broke down crying and said he told Drayton that “she lied,” in reference to Leticia’s statements to police.

Leticia Stauch reported the boy missing just before 7 p.m. on Jan. 27, and told police at the time that she had last seen him between 3:15 and 4 p.m. that day, when he left to play at a friend’s house down the street.

Drayton said the surveillance video shows what he says is Gannon and his stepmother getting into the truck at 10:13 a.m. that day and Leticia returning, apparently alone, at 2:19 p.m.

Drayton said he gave the videos to police to aid in their investigation.
Neighbor: Surveillance video captured missing Springs boy leaving with stepmom, her returning alone

According to what I've read in the MSM, RD showed the video to the father before calling LE. Please correct me if that's not true.
Thanks
MOO

I had not heard that.. you may be right.
We still do not know whom approached whom.
AS may have approached his neighbor , seeking any information that he, or any other person in the area had.
I would speak to my neighbors if my 11 year old was missing.
I would ask them to review any video they may have,

AMOO

bbm
Did RD tell AS that Gannon looked drugged, or did he say that when he was speaking to the reporter?
Serious question, as I don't recall seeing or hearing that he told Gannon's dad that.
Plus, to be fair, it's entirely possible "drugged" is the only thing he could think of, or that made sense, considering the way Gannon was "allegedly" walking. It doesn't mean he was actually drugged, but it's certainly possible the reporter asking the questions asked him (RD) to describe in more detail how Gannon was walking.

I'm giving neighbor dude the benefit of the doubt unless LE gives me a reason to side eye him. Seems fair to me.
Imagine that, a relative stranger telling the father of a child that his child "looked drugged" while both were watching the child.

I'm not claiming that's what occurred, I don't believe it did, but the thought of such a scene makes me chuckle at its oblivious nature.

But his own conclusion, whether or not influenced by what the neighbor said, may have been the wrong conclusion. For example, if Gannon actually was in the car when it returned (the shadow theory -- which I don't necessarily subscribe to) or there was some reasonable explanation why Gannon didn't come back to the house in the truck but did come back before 3:00-3:15 and the explanation hadn't yet been provided because whether Gannon came back with the stepmother in the truck wasn't an issue until the neighbor produced the video. I suppose she could have previously said I brought him home in the truck and he was with me when we pulled in the driveway at 2:19, but I wouldn't think so until there was some issue raised about the truth of her story that Gannon was home with her before leaving the house at 3:00-3:15. jmo

The most significant aspect of the CCTV report is this simple sentence. Family of missing Colorado boy makes tearful plea after new surveillance video revealed

Drayton says he showed the security footage for Gannon’s father on Sunday.

"He just broke down crying and said, 'she lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend’s house,'" Drayton said.

Therein lies the crux.
That and the fact that he was never seen again.

Well if it's any consolation, I don't think he kidnapped Gannon or took part in making him disappear. I just think he is either very very naive, on the thoughtless side, or just a plain old attention seeker. Tell the Dad of a missing kid that he saw the kid and he looked drugged?
if someone thought my child looked drugged, I'd sure want to know that, it's not an exact diagnosis, but it paints a picture. You see people who look drugged that are actually sick or tired or sleepy...I feel neighbor was expressing his alarm at what he perceived in a descriptive manner. MOO

As I see it, the video brings the timeline into view.

I never believed he ran away. That Google search, and the fact that not a single person saw him, or camera captured him, made that extremely unlikely.

I couldn’t figure out what day he disappeared. It all came down to when he was last seen alive. That meant something could have happened from Saturday into Monday.

With this video though, we have solid evidence he was still alive on Monday morning.

If he returns from that drive, then nothing makes sense. He still can’t have run away, because of the problems I already addressed. There’s no time for TS to do anything nefarious, as any trips would be caught on camera and time was running out.

The video explains that, and the dad’s reaction puts an exclamation point on it.

I understand your theory completely. I'm just not thoroughly convinced there's not more evidence of what happened just before and after 2:19 that we're not aware of. I can't conclude that she's guilty until I'm sure about that. I can certainly see why people think so, though.

Regarding all discussion casting doubt/suspicion/speculation toward RD:

The neighbor who provided the Chris Watts video made observations to law enforcement and media as well after reviewing the footage, with CW watching, no less. He said he was acting extremely suspicious, providing details nobody asked about what he was loading into the truck, etc...we all know how that turned out. He was spot on. Not seeking attention, not wanting the limelight. Simply wanting to help find the victims in these cases and provide whatever help they could at that time.

I respect neighbors in both cases for being bold enough to step forward at great personal expense (their reputations, possible scrutiny and speculation as seen in this forum) in order to do what they felt was right to bring things to light that may not have otherwise been discovered if they hadn’t done so.

My hat is off to them.

IMO MOO JMO
Nice comment perception. I couldn't help but notice when RD was referring to TS....his term for her "the young lady". No indication of hostility.

Thinking about LE taking their time.

They are no doubt working diligently on this case to find out what happened to Gannon.

I think a lot of time is being taken tracking down camera footage from neighbors surrounding the area Gannon would have taken to get out of the immediate area.

Surveillance of T’s movements surrounding the time of Gannon’s disappearance.

Ring, CCTV, home surveillance cameras. There is countless video to go through, thousands of hours, and they have to pay rapt attention because they aren’t always exactly sure what they are looking for that will make their case against the guilty party. Think Holly Bobo. JMO

I have wondered if possibly he (the neighbor) has encountered LS before and doesn't like her. The footage could be genuine but his motives for showing it to the dad could be revenge or just concern. It's possible the neighbor suspected LS mistreated Gannon and AS didn't know it or wouldn't believe it.
Interesting point...

So about that gate lock. The hardware to feed the lock through for me has always been on the inside of the backyard. I took a walk and no gate hardware visible from the street. Driving to and from the store I see no gate hardware from the street. Just a little pull latch, on the street side. The only way to lock the gates would be on the backyard side. I am 99 percent sure that Gannon's gate is the same way. That's problematic for TS's fairytale about the gate. IMO, she spouted off those details not realizing her error.

bbm

Imagine that, a relative stranger telling the father of a child that his child "looked drugged" while both were watching the child.

I'm not claiming that's what occurred, I don't believe it did, but the thought of such a scene makes me chuckle at its oblivious nature.

Do we know for a fact that the neighbor is a "relative stranger"?
Maybe the Stauch family had a rapport with their neighbor.
Maybe the neighbor has observed a lot that would cause him to believe that a child looked quite out of the ordinary on the day that he disappeared.
On the day he disappeared!
Think about that?!
There is relevance to the neighbor giving that statement.. and being that it was in the early stage of this investigation.. how haunting is that?
I hope that your "chuckle" takes into account that the neighbor gave information to a father that was desperate for information.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member