Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was this little girl:

"I love him and I miss him, and that I want him to come home and be safe," 9-year-old neighbor Chloe Peterson told NBC affiliate KOAA. "He's an awesome little kid and he's handsome, and he is my best friend." Colorado boy missing for a week after leaving for friend's home

No, no no I can’t watch this. I can’t even read it. So many shattered hearts because of one human. My little boy is so much like Gannon, and his best friend is a neighbor girl who would say all these same things.

I can’t. I just can’t wrap my head around all the pain caused by one person. And it continues because she refuses to do the right thing and tell the truth so this little boy can be brought home to his family.

Please, please let them find Gannon and bring him home.

Moo

It may be a special type of gate as you suggest, but I’m more inclined to think it was not. It’s pretty common to put a padlock over an iron hasp on an ordinary wooden gate. That would suddenly make an ordinary keyless gate lockable, and you’d suddenly need to use a key.

IMO I am just randomly start to think about what kind of lock would be on a backyard gate that would require a key. I honestly have never heard of such a thing nor I have a seen one on any home I have visited. The only thing close I can come up with is safety locks for a gate leading to a fenced in pool. Anyway, here are some examples online that I have found. Anyone that lives in the CO Springs area know if this is a regional thing & if so, what do yours look like? Edited as I forgot to attach pics!

We padlock our gates because of my dogs also. The keys are kept in the garage.

we padlock our back gates for safety reasons and piece of mind. I’m always afraid someone will break in through the back and we also have a pool so to make sure there are no water accidents also! Gives me some peace of mind knowing they are locked!

It may be a special type of gate as you suggest, but I’m more inclined to think it was not. It’s pretty common to put a padlock over an iron hasp on an ordinary wooden gate. That would suddenly make an ordinary keyless gate lockable, and you’d suddenly need to use a key.

IMO I am just randomly start to think about what kind of lock would be on a backyard gate that would require a key. I honestly have never heard of such a thing nor I have a seen one on any home I have visited. The only thing close I can come up with is safety locks for a gate leading to a fenced in pool. Anyway, here are some examples online that I have found. Anyone that lives in the CO Springs area know if this is a regional thing & if so, what do yours look like? Edited as I forgot to attach pics!

I’m not positive, but I think the younger one is 7. That’s certainly old enough to be helpful.

It’s the older one that likely has a lot to offer. Hopefully she’s been as forthcoming as possible.

I really think those kids are the key to this, especially in regards to what happened over the weekend.

@MassGuy, oh dear Lord! Do you suppose this the reason why this case is on the down low? To protect his sisters who well could be witnesses?

MOO,MOO

Excuse me, sorry, I must have missed something. When was it reported that the neighbor with the security camera supposedly lied about saying that AS said when viewing the security footage: She lied about the time. He didn't go to a friend's house. I've seen this commented on a few times. Did he retract this statement and is now saying that AS did NOT say this? Thank you in advance.
No, I don't think the neighbor ever said anything more about it. The interview was shown on the same night the media released the video, I think.
He said that when he showed AS the video, he got really upset and said she lied about going to a friend's house. Apparently AS is the one who contacted LE. Imo

My first time posting and not 100% sure of the rules. I know you tube isn’t allowed to be discussed, but can I let you know of a certain interview to see for yourselves (tell the name of video for those who want to search on their own)? I know we can’t discuss what it states here, but I learned so much from it concerning this case. We truly don’t really know much at all for a fact right now, and after hearing it I feel like I know much more.
Like all of you I’m heartbroken for Gannon, his parents and siblings. <modsnip: that video is off limits here at this time> I cannot remotely fathom their pain. Heart wrenching in the true definition of the word. So glad to have found this space. I love how it’s 99.9% respectable conversations. You’re good people!

Welcome @Buddhagirl with your first post.:):):)
Horrid time here, waiting for more evidence, finding sweet Gannon, and an arrest.
As you state, his parents and siblings are heart broken, and certainly, many here, are affected.
An innocent young lad, possibly abused.:(
MOO.

We just use a brass keyed padlock on our fence.

Lots of different backgrounds and views on this site, on the web in general. It appears yours and mine gel considerably. I'll say this. IMO, if one becomes entangled in a case where there is potential for felony charges, serious charges, one would be prudent to not interact online whatsoever. And one would be wise to distance oneself from those who may appear to be involved. And it would be my choice to remain silent, for the most part, unless I was advised by counsel to make a public statement, at which time, said statement would be carefully crafted so as to avoid potential future liability of any kind. That's just me. Old school.

The loose lips indicate that "someone" doesn't have money for attorneys who would most certainly advise shutting up!

We've all seen people like this who have a history of talking their way out of trouble so they sometimes dig themselves into a progressively deeper hole.

I would imagine every defense attorney in the area must be wincing with each nutty new interview as they consider the prospect of representing her.

On the other hand, Jose Baez or that Pattis dude might be drooling over jumping in for the publicity. Johnny Cochran, rest his annoying soul, would have loved it too.

the gate thing suggests to me that whatever led to Gannons disappearance was ongoing. as in he needed to try and escape.:(
that's why she is word "salading " splaining away any evidence she is expecting to turn up down the side of the house.
and we know the poor little darling was beside himself the night before about the more 'word salading" event that we still aren't sure of exactly.

which is why he didn't live to tell.
the DURATION of assault imo was at a minimum 12 hours in the house. (10pm till 10am)

no turning back from that kind of help delay.

moo:oops:

I don't know if I've missed something but how could she abuse him that badly for that long with 2 other kids in the house without one of them making a fuss?

Excuse me, sorry, I must have missed something. When was it reported that the neighbor with the security camera supposedly lied about saying that AS said when viewing the security footage: She lied about the time. He didn't go to a friend's house. I've seen this commented on a few times. Did he retract this statement and is now saying that AS did NOT say this? Thank you in advance.

He (Roderrick Drayton) said it to ABC on the 5th.

Family of missing Colorado boy makes tearful plea after new surveillance video revealed

Drayton says he showed the security footage for Gannon’s father on Sunday.

"He just broke down crying and said, 'she lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend’s house,'" Drayton said.

I never saw anything retracting it.

I keep hoping for some kind of update in this case but it almost seems like it's diminishing. As much as I trust the LE in this case, I'm shocked there hasn't been a 'conclusion' of some sort. I mean, hell, there's an 11 year old kid missing. The biggest break that's been revealed is that he leaves in a vehicle with an adult and this same adult returns home alone without the child (FU@K the shadows theory). I'm no rocket scientist, but in that small window of time, something happened to that child based on the evidence that's been presented. I can't believe in this modern age of time where people photograph everything they're fricking eating, that there isn't some knowledge or evidence of what's happened to Gannon. I certainly don't have any inclination to believe he's alive at this point (sadly), but that's just a reality. I just wish LE would reveal WTF is truly going on here. It's obvious that LE knows something that they're not revealing to the public. And it's also obvious that LS knows WAY more than we're hearing about.

No, I don't think the neighbor ever said anything more about it. The interview was shown on the same night the media released the video, I think.
He said that when he showed AS the video, he got really upset and said she lied about going to a friend's house. Apparently AS is the one who contacted LE about the video. Imo
Thank you. I didn't think I'd seen anything. And I should not have said 'lied'. Sorry.

@MassGuy, oh dear Lord! Do you suppose this the reason why this case is on the down low? To protect his sisters who well could be witnesses?

MOO,MOO
I think they’d be protected regardless.

I think this case is on the down-low simply to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I don’t think anyone is in any danger.

bbm
I'm not that generous. That child appeared to be in really bad shape entering that truck. He had already been badly abused, IMO, and she KNEW there was no hiding that abuse. So she hid him instead. IMO.
I have to respectfully disagree with that assessment. I have the video in front of me, gamma/brightness/contrast-adjusted for maximum clarity (as is possible with the crappy file to which we have access). I'm watching the video: I see GS walk relatively swiftly to the driver's side rear door, no slouching, head and shoulders in normal position. He enters the truck under his own power, no assistance seemingly required from SM.

GS appears in frame and walks briskly to the driver's side rear door and opens it. An item falls out that door way and on to the ground behind GS. SM approaches from the house and picks up the item and tosses it in to the truck. SM proceeds to enter the driver's side door and GS steps up on to the rocker panel and climbs on to the seat, the bottoms of his shoes visible as he crawls on to the seat, sits and closes the door. SM then exits the vehicle and returns to the house, then returns and enters the vehicle once again.

I saw GS exhibit no exaggerated limp, no swagger, no slouch and no struggle while he entered on and into the vehicle.

Last edited:
JMO and a guess and a nagging thought, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was more than one vehicle involved during that time. This is what happens to me when I don't get any real facts.

I've gone around in circles originally thinking just stepmother, but then started rereading some of my thoughts about manipulating kids and then decided she may have had some unknowing help and now I've shocked myself and have a completely new person that could be involved (the someone who may have picked him up and why comment). Are her lies getting in my brain?

from an early article...."Stauch added that within a few hours of Gannon leaving, his wife knew something was wrong. He also reportedly said the boy didn’t tell his stepmother which friend’s house he was going to." At this point, sounds to me , Al trusted SM's version. He didn't say...my wife says.....It sounds like she strongly and convincingly told Al she "sensed" something was wrong and he trusted her. I imagine that is why such a visceral response when confronted with the video.

In regards to Gannon AS stated..."He’s just kind and tenderhearted… Hoping we can find him soon,” I thought it was especially "sensitive' that he would recognize his young son as 'tenderhearted".

BBM- I thought stepmother didn't pay attention to friends, that was AS's job? To me there is a difference between him omitting and her not knowing. Of course being early on, she probably wasn't thinking of coverups as much as showing the world how great of a stepmother she was. Typing that gave me a burning lump in my throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot