Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it have taken an entire week to obtain the information, even if deleted, from a car's GPS? Or a week for cell phone pings? Wouldn't they have that in a few days? Unrealistic? Is there anyone from the FBI here? (I'm only 99.999% kidding.)

I hope it's not GPS or pings because :(

Wow, it says investigation moved 10 miles south "to the Sheriff's Office Training Facility, located across the street from the El Paso County Jail." !! What could that indicate??

I just watched the video of the step mom for the first time. I really tried to be open minded. I have to say, I believe her for now. If there is more evidence my mind can be easily changed. I found her self centered and a bit immature ...but I know plenty of those types. And when a self centered immature person is put in this circumstance, they may come off the same way.

My theory, MOO.....There was an argument and he took off. Impulsively, like an 11 year old might. He met with foul play via a stranger.

This theory is weak and is dependent on coincidence. What are the odds of him running off AND a bad person just happens to be there? Pretty slim. I get it.

I am just not ready to make a judgement on the step mom. For me, it does not feel right.

MOO..and I welcome thoughts on this post.
I do not feel the condemnation finalized on the SM just yet either. I somehow want to. My heart wants to. My mind is telling me something else. The mysterious hike is the deceptive omission in the interview. The key. A deceptive maneuver deferring to the older daughter telling her to:

SM:...answer the question. that you came home from work after the hike and you can verify Gannon was at home.
Cause you didn’t go to the hike but you came home from work.

Something about this exchange is off. The oldest daughter doesn’t confirm she didn’t go on hike. She later answers when interviewer leads with a closed ended question/implication asking about them going on the hike. Daughter answers Yes.

What happened at the hike? Who was at the hike?

This is my thought. I think they are humoring the search parties and the abducted theory while they get more together.

Agree. When little Jessica Ridgeway disappeared, the sense of urgency Colorado LE quickly conveyed was that a stranger might be involved. It was immediate, alarming, and heartbreaking.

There wasn’t this same sense of urgency when Dylan Redwine was “going to see a friend” or “running away because he saw divorce records.” Same with Jon Benet.

This is just awful. The marital, parental, and economic dynamics may explain some things. But I guess we can’t post much about the parties involved until a POI is named.

Gannon - where are you kiddo?

I do not feel the condemnation finalized on the SM just yet either. I somehow want to. My heart wants to. My mind is telling me something else. The mysterious hike is the deceptive omission in the interview. The key. A deceptive maneuver deferring to the older daughter telling her to:

SM:...answer the question. that you came home from work after the hike and you can verify Gannon was at home.
Cause you didn’t go to the hike but you came home from work.

Something about this exchange is off. The oldest daughter doesn’t confirm she didn’t go on hike. She later answers when interviewer leads with a closed ended question/implication asking about them going on the hike. Daughter answers Yes.

What happened at the hike?

I just feel like he never made it back home after the hike.

Wow, it says investigation moved 10 miles south "to the Sheriff's Office Training Facility, located across the street from the El Paso County Jail." !! What could that indicate??
I think they just had a temporary / makeshift command center set up at, or in, a church. I guess they had no reason to stay there any more. I think it was originally set up to focus on the searches of the areas surrounding the home. Now that that is finished, they are "getting out of the church's hair"?

MOO

I believe this is what you're looking for :

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out
That is the weirdest interview for a missing child that I have ever seen. I'm sure my points have been hashed and rehashed but:
1. The whole thing was me, me, me, I, I, I.
2. She said if someone has a problem with her she doesn't care. Then turn around and face the camera! Obviously it does matter to her.
3. When she was asked about Gannon every word was in the past tense. Every attribute. VERY strange and suspicious.
4. When asked if there was any message for Gannon (It was almost like the reporter was reminding her that after all this is about Gannon, not her) It was all about her getting an apology from the public at large for all the hate she's been getting. Hmmm.
5. She knows interviews with media get someone ripped to shreds if they show even a smidgen of guilt or narcissism or whatever.
6. Wish we could have seen the alligator tears when instead we saw the back of her head. ....

Does this remind me of anyone in particular? Chris Watts.

She seems like the type that even if confronted with damning evidence, would never confess or admit anything. Which probably isn't too uncommon. It seems like they get a lot of people to confess by making a deal, and taking the death penalty off of the table.

MOO

This is my thought. I think they are humoring the search parties and the abducted theory while they get more together.

I don't think it's humoring as much as they must do a parallel investigation, checking out all possibilities while they investigate to narrow it down. You don't want defense down the road to accuse LE of "rushing to judgement" and "focusing on my client right away without checking out other possiblities."
jmo

I’m curious what the weather was like last Monday when he allegedly walked to the friends house - has this been reported? I’m not finding it so far
Yes actually. A moderator put up a link of the entire day's weather. Might have been @vOx?
It had become overcast by the time she phoned police. mixed day, cold night I'd imagine.. but that was Monday.. I think he disappeared on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77