Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 12-year-old is very sensitive to the moods of those around him. He asks me what’s wrong if he senses I’m not my normal self. He has a very sweet and caring temperament and I imagine Gannon to be similar from what has been said about him.
Growing up, having a narcissistic mother, all 6 of us were attuned to her feelings. Based on how she was feeling, we either had a good day or a bad one. If she was in a good mood, it was so rare, we walked on pins and needles, not wanting to do anything to put her in a bad mood, cuz then we were all in for it.

I believe forgetting to remove her Apple watch was an oversight. It is possible that someone else wore the watch, but highly unlikely. How does one approach another to do such a thing? "Hey, would you wear my Apple watch and take a drive along those back roads for a while, then return the watch to me ... please?" Nah, I don't think so.

I was thinking she may have done it surreptitiously, something like putting it in the trunk of her daughter's car, sending her on an errand or something, then retrieving it later.

However, I definitely think it's more likely that she intentionally left her phone at home but stupidly left her Apple Watch on, and now she's realizing how bad of a mistake that was.

Technology is crazy these days. Sure heart rate alone isnt indicative. But this is where AI (artificial intelligence) kicks in and begins to learn you. How many steps till and increased heart rate? Were you sitting still while blood pressure increased indictated eating? Is it the time you normally have all the same stats, hence dinner time? Were you at a new location? Higher elevation? I could go on, but basically these devices "learn you" - it's not just storing numbers. I have no doubt it could tell not only a different person wearing it, but also based off tons of past study data, determine your age/sex/race pretty quickly.

Oh, I'm not saying she'd get away with such a trick. Just that she might try to pull it off.

I finally figured out how to post my link only to return too see 3 people beat me too it:D:D:D
Just when I think I'm understanding the definition of MSM.......I'm confused all over again. I'll just keep reading.
:p:D LOL-- Welcome to my world- on both accounts hahaaha

MOO he spoke to the detectives, and they, if professional told him what the police wanted. I doubt he would go against their recommendations.

That's certainly possible. I tend to doubt it unfolded that way since one news organization said they were asked by LE not to run the video from Monday (and didn't) And the statement LE made publicly indicated they preferred it not be released. But I can't know for sure what happened.

I seriously doubt though LE is orchestrating the release of other clear security camera videos of the Stauch family on FB nor suggesting RD provide other info on FB. If LE wanted to "bait" TS with RD, I'd think it would be done by way of a legit news organization not FB. But maybe that's just me.

While defense attorneys hate "talkative" defendants, they probably love talkative prosecution witnesses! Plus, releasing videos of the Stauch children playing now might add weight to a later change of venue request. I just don't see the value in what RD's doing now although I'm sure he is upset.
JMO

I was thinking she may have done it surreptitiously, something like putting it in the trunk of her daughter's caar, sending her on an errand or something, then retrieving it later.

However, I definitely think it's more likely that she intentionally left her phone at home but stupidly left her Apple Watch on, and now she's realizing how bad of a mistake that was.

Or maybe she thought the watch could not log her location without her phone? I have one of the older model apple watches and I wouldn't think it could. But like so many people have previously posted - technology these days is insane!!!

That's tricky, in that it depends on the version of watch she has. If she has the original or the Series 1 watch, it would only keep the heart rate/heart beat/calories burned/health info. Series 0 and 1 did not come with standalone GPS.

If it's Series 2 or later, the nice thing about the Apple Watch is that the non-cellular version is notably referred to as "GPS only". The GPS works independently, via satellite, without cellular connection. If it's a series 3 or 4, it can even mark elevation via onboard altimeter that works in tandem with the GPS.

However, the nice thing is, because she was wearing the watch throughout the duration, it tracked all of her health data. Heart rate. BPM. Active calories burned. So, worst-case scenario, you'll know exactly when her heart rate spikes, when she relaxes, when she is working hard, running/walking/sitting. With a Series 2 or later, you'll actually be able to follow her physical journey and map her along that entire route with when those peaks and valleys in her health data happen.

Also, it 100% knows if she's the person wearing it, so it will note this as an issue with the data. The watch knows this in order to not calculate a different person's health data alongside yours. It will track and record the health info anyhow, but will note it as an anomaly, and that info will be in the data LE receives.

Edited to add: When she arrived home, her watch connected to her WiFi and synced. If the battery was dead, it connected to WiFi and synced as soon as she began to charge it. There's no way that the watch still works and hasn't uploaded the data.
Oh Thank You ((Gatorage)) !! I sure hope LE is up to speed with this information.

It is possible that you are new to the forum, but regardless, we are sure glad that you are here :)

Or maybe she thought the watch could not log her location without her phone? I have one of the older models apple watches and I wouldn't think it could. But like so many people have previously posted - technology these days is insane!!!

From what I understand it's a common misconception among users and I really think it may be what eventually sinks her. The watch doesn't need to be connected to a phone or anything else to record geolocation info.

I was thinking she may have done it surreptitiously, something like putting it in the trunk of her daughter's car, sending her on an errand or something, then retrieving it later.

@lucidtx, I would not put it past her to attempt to implicate her own daughter. Not one bit!

That's certainly possible. I tend to doubt it unfolded that way since one news organization said they were asked by LE not to run the video from Monday (and didn't) And the statement LE made publicly indicated they preferred it not be released. But I can't know for sure what happened.

I seriously doubt though LE is orchestrating the release of other clear security camera videos of the Stauch family on FB nor suggesting RD provide other info on FB. If LE wanted to "bait" TS with RD, I'd think it would be done by way of a legit news organization not FB. But maybe that's just me.

While defense attorneys hate "talkative" defendants, they probably love talkative prosecution witnesses! Plus, releasing videos of the Stauch children playing now might add weight to a later change of venue request. I just don't see the value in what RD's doing now although I'm sure he is upset.
JMO
I'm assuming that what he is doing is clarifying images already released by Fox, which TS is suggesting are proof Gannon came home same day.

That's tricky, in that it depends on the version of watch she has. If she has the original or the Series 1 watch, it would only keep the heart rate/heart beat/calories burned/health info. Series 0 and 1 did not come with standalone GPS.

If it's Series 2 or later, the nice thing about the Apple Watch is that the non-cellular version is notably referred to as "GPS only". The GPS works independently, via satellite, without cellular connection. If it's a series 3 or 4, it can even mark elevation via onboard altimeter that works in tandem with the GPS.

However, the nice thing is, because she was wearing the watch throughout the duration, it tracked all of her health data. Heart rate. BPM. Active calories burned. So, worst-case scenario, you'll know exactly when her heart rate spikes, when she relaxes, when she is working hard, running/walking/sitting. With a Series 2 or later, you'll actually be able to follow her physical journey and map her along that entire route with when those peaks and valleys in her health data happen.

Also, it 100% knows if she's the person wearing it, so it will note this as an issue with the data. The watch knows this in order to not calculate a different person's health data alongside yours. It will track and record the health info anyhow, but will note it as an anomaly, and that info will be in the data LE receives.

Edited to add: When she arrived home, her watch connected to her WiFi and synced. If the battery was dead, it connected to WiFi and synced as soon as she began to charge it. There's no way that the watch still works and hasn't uploaded the data.
Thank you for the info!!!

Well that blew my the theory someone else could have taken watch and drove around with it.

Last edited:
While defense attorneys hate "talkative" defendants, they probably love talkative prosecution witnesses! Plus, releasing videos of the Stauch children playing now might add weight to a later change of venue request.
JMO

I was astonished when they didn't request a change of venue for Patrick Frazee. Teller County, our neighbor to the west, has 24K people to El Paso County's 699K people.

There’s a member who posted in detail on how these work. It’s on the first few pages of this thread. Basically it will still record if it’s on another person but notices the change in heartbeat and breathing pattern and notes that on the history as well. It knows if you’re not the original user and makes note of it.

so like leaving a cellphone behind will ensure you’re not tracked (by that device) it also sends a strong message if your pattern is not to leave it behind. So in court- if she is ever there, they can point out her lack of having the phone, which is off her usual pattern, taking Al’s truck and other odd things she did that deviated from her normal behavior. Basically building a circumstantial case.
CO - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #21

Our member is Gatorage

Unless he showed it to them and they covertly recorded it on their phone without him knowing?, just thinking if I was a reporter I would ask for a nice clear copy rather than filming a TV screen on my phone,possibly IMO

I feel like it's so still and steady the recording device is on a tripod. It's definitely a second hand recording because it moves slightly and shows the monitor bezel but otherwise is too still for holding a camera IMO..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor