Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't hate on me, but can there be a case made for something else? He'd been sick, she intended to bring him to urgent care, he may have vomited and asphyxiated while she was driving, she panics feeling like she's going to be blamed, and thus a very bad idea is born?

Do urgent cares have survellience? Could she have sat in a parking lot, not doing what to do? And then decided, at all cost, she didn't want to be blamed?

It's a stretch.... but that's what we're here for, right, ideas?

Just trying to see if there are other ways to look at this.

JMOJMOJMO

I’m posting before getting completely caught up here, so I apologize if this has already been discussed! But I was thinking along somewhat similar lines. Maybe he had a concussion (caused by SM) and was vomiting. They left the house with her intending to take him to ER, but he died before getting there? So she did a cover-up?

It still doesn’t explain a lot of it (call for Miralax, etc.) but him getting in the car alive but never coming home has my original ideas shot. So I’m trying to imagine something other than completely premeditated murder (which it could be, but I had originally imagined an “accident.”)

I’ve been updating the media thread and haven’t seen anything about the meds - if it were my child IMO I would not allow that information to be released
I wouldn’t be surprised if the parents used meds as a way to get his case moved from runaway to missing and endangered. The meds were a factor in upgrading the case. And since AS is military, I’m sure he was getting help in trying to get this upgraded. Could be something as simple as he’s on antibiotics for strep, or Epi-pen for allergies.

OK, so please tell me they have this sm under interrogation as we speak, working to break her until she produces the truth???

I mean what explanation could she possibly have now? In any case it’s irrelevant, because that is not a reliable source of information anymore.

I am predicting it’s only a matter of hours now...

If she has Lawyered up she wont be talking at all.

My guess from watching the video is that SM likely confiscated his phone in the car and took it back inside with her own. She worked in education - she must have at least a vague idea about phone tracking and its uses by LE. Speaking of which, what time was the search made on Gannon's phone or computer about parents being able to track phones?

I am dumbfounded that LE and especially the FBI did not ask everyone on the block to allow them to personally review their security footage. Why leave it up to neighbors to do on their own? Why was this not the first thing done when SM had her "I demand an attorney" interview with LE? I am less concerned about media leaking the footage than LE not having eyes on this video to begin with from Day 2. I am disappointed. People have been thinking and searching like he ran away in the critical first week. How did this ball get dropped? I am usually a huge fan of the FBI, CBI in these cases - but I can't help but think this is a basic thing to have been done very early on.

I have to go back and read but do we know what time the "Dr" called in medicine for his stomach? Do we know what pharmacy she picked it up from? Is she on camera for said medicine? ( hubby is a pharmacist, I promise there are cameras)

I feel awful that the video got out even though I was so curious about it. I hope this doesn't jeopardize this case. IMO

I wouldn’t be surprised if the parents used meds as a way to get his case moved from runaway to missing and endangered. The meds were a factor in upgrading the case. And since AS is military, I’m sure he was getting help in trying to get this upgraded. Could be something as simple as he’s on antibiotics for strep, or Epi-pen for allergies.
Never thought of that!! Good point!

This is the kind of sleuthing I love but lack the tech skills for... Gonn have a good long stare at them now and revert.
Thank you for this huge gift!
If it is a rifle and wasn’t returned by her to their home wouldn’t dad know that and tell LE? I would think if you have guns you know what you have right?? I’m also thinking if something happened to him (violent or otherwise) it was in the basement or lower level (didn’t she say she was working out down there and didn’t hear him leave hence the 3-4:15?initial report of him running away) - still think water is involved just not sure how
JMO

Whatever the person carries out to the car it is something stiff inside of something (a duffel bag) ? But it doesn't move or bend as they walk ; it remains as if something rigid is inside and the bag remains flat in a line across the bottom. See still shots taken from (Surveillance video may show Gannon Stauch leaving with stepmom - KRDO) .

I hate to say this but it almost appears to be a rifle bag. :(:(

Thank you for this. I saw it as a black light winter jacket, unzipped and flapped open hence the shape, but your observation looks even more accurate. This is very unsettling.

Also FYI - I see media and flyers say Gannon was Last seen wearing jeans but in this video he has sweatpants with white striping down the side.

I don’t think he was severely sick. Wasn’t it stated somewhere that he stayed home because he was sick, she said she had taken him to the dr, and it turned out she only called the dr and complained of constipation. Dr called in an rx for miralax?

When are they saying he officially went missing. I am hearing two different things reported. Monday by news reports and Sunday via family social media posts.

when her daughter was getting arrested, I read in a previous post that she was asking her mother what she should say. Reports say she was working Sunday night? Was her mother trying to make her say that she saw Gannon when she got home from work on Sunday?

I saw in one of his interviews that RD stated he went back to review the video footage from Sunday.

Also, after Gannon got into the truck, SM went back towards the house for quite sometime. Could she have been loading possible evidence in the back of that truck?
The caller (stepmother) said he left the house between 3:00-4:00 and that he was going to visit a friend. She reported him as a runaway.

When he actually went missing we don't know, but the last time he was seen by anyone else was reportedly at around 10:15 that morning by the neighbor. (In the video)

Imo

I definitely feel like SM isn’t telling the truth. But someone just asked, “what if Gannon got out on the passenger side? Would the camera catch that?” And that’s all I can think about now. What if he did and we’re analyzing this video for no reason?

I was actually looking for that, I didn't see any feet/door open/light change etc. I can't say he didn't but I didn't catch anything so IMO

My guess from watching the video is that SM likely confiscated his phone in the car and took it back inside with her own. She worked in education - she must have at least a vague idea about phone tracking and its uses by LE. Speaking of which, what time was the search made on Gannon's phone or computer about parents being able to track phones?

I am dumbfounded that LE and especially the FBI did not ask everyone on the block to allow them to personally review their security footage. Why leave it up to neighbors to do on their own? Why was this not the first thing done when SM had her "I demand an attorney" interview with LE? I am less concerned about media leaking the footage than LE not having eyes on this video to begin with from Day 2. I am disappointed. People have been thinking and searching like he ran away in the critical first week. How did this ball get dropped? I am usually a huge fan of the FBI, CBI in these cases - but I can't help but think this is a basic thing to have been done very early on.

I believe LE did personally review the security footage of neighbors including RD footage. RD decided to review it on his own later on.

I believe he was vomiting inside the house. I believe there is truth in SM saying Gannon’s stomach was hurting... Also he is on meds, but no one ever stated what kind or for what ailment. Vomiting could be related to giving him too many of the meds he has been taking? JMOO & thoughts
If he was just sick it's hard to imagine why anyone wouldn't follow through w/getting medical attention. But if he died because he got into someone's illegal stash they might be more concerned w/self-preservation than Gannon's well being.

I have no info to suggest anyone in his immediate circle uses illegal drugs. But it's the first scenario that comes to mind trying to explain why someone would disappear a vomiting child.

Ya know as much as I feel like instantly transporting her down to the old chain gang - I freely admit, I’m puzzled as to why I think it’s possible there may be an unknown element yet to be released.
Did step mom have a new boyfriend that we haven't heard about yet ?
Since she and Gannon's dad were having issues ?

This is the kind of sleuthing I love but lack the tech skills for... Gonn have a good long stare at them now and revert.
Thank you for this huge gift!

It really caught my eye that while she is moving the item remains completely flat on the bottom as she is walking. And when she starts to cross in front of the car you can really see it when she angles it like down the side of her leg.

It's a rigid item/ bag. My first thought was a billiard bag (I'm not a gun person) ... Then I goggled rifle bag and the image I posted was the first that game up :( Not saying anything for sure of course. It could be some other bag that would carry something similar.

Couple things...
I am curious to see the tracking on Gannon’s phone and whether it went anywhere with him and returned during the course of this video. Having kids around the same age, they go no where without the phones and would never give it up willingly during a car ride unless I forced them. If it was left home that highly speaks of premeditation to me.
Regarding the bag she is carrying to the truck. It doesn’t look quite long enough to be a regular shovel or rifle bag to me but I keep thinking a shorter camping shovel. It’s about half the length of a regular shovel. We keep one in our RV for camping because it takes up less room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time