Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember Dan ever going to KB's condo.

Maybe he wishes he had, in hindsight.

Anyway, both DA and LE may have future regrets about not declaring it a crime scene earlier, and letting the family continue to use it (if certain aspects of evidence collected earlier can no longer be as well documented...hopefully it will be a small very small regret and inconsequential).

Sounds to me like they're gearing up to handle dealing with a defense lawyer.

Long time lurker, first post. This video got me thinking it might be a neat idea for there to be like an Amber Alert for Ring/door cams. It’s an alert that goes out to relevant neighbors and you can submit your video fast to authorities to help find missing people (like for Gannon and Mollie Tibetts). Hoping justice for this case soon.

Excellent idea Justicely!
Welcome to Websleuths!

Is it possible that in these high profile cases that LE is starting to operate "outside of the box" because of social media and cameras on them non stop. As long as evidence is preserved properly they are under no obligation to tell the public if it's a crime scene or not I don't think.
Typically if it is considered a crime scene, the scene would need to be completely vacated of occupants.

I don't remember Dan ever going to KB's condo.

Maybe he wishes he had, in hindsight.

Anyway, both DA and LE may have future regrets about not declaring it a crime scene earlier, and letting the family continue to use it (if certain aspects of evidence collected earlier can no longer be as well documented...hopefully it will be a small very small regret and inconsequential).

Sounds to me like they're gearing up to handle dealing with a defense lawyer.

Typically if it is considered a crime scene, the scene would need to be completely vacated of occupants.

Perhaps true in the case of a murder occurring there but perhaps untrue in the case of an assault or poisoning?

I'm not LE so maybe one of the verified attorneys could weigh in. I just know I'm seeing an increase in "different handling" on these high profile cases and I do think a lot of it is to thwart social media from knowing or going crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86