Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be a good example of perception developing due to preconceived notions. Because I think one of the posters criticizing her demeanor thought she was SM!

Whoa. Gosh he’s good too. Rock solid.
Yes, that's what I meant.

We judge more harshly when we already have heard something negative about that person. (whether we know it's true or not) What we hear about people can influence our opinion.

That's why I think it's important to judge people's behavior without bias when looking for deceptive behavior.

In that case the person had already heard something horrible about SM so, assuming it was her, thought she was acting and being deceptive.

It's a natural response and we all do it but it also shows how quickly people can be judged in just a few minutes of video.

Imo

Last edited:
***I'm going to repost these quotes every day until GS is found:

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

"….I'm going to be so ecstatic when I am able to say to people that I hope they have a really sincere apology for all of these theories that have came <sic> out online, for ALL of the things that they say that I have done, or people have done, and I just want everyone to know that we are going to find Gannon, and I love him so much, and I have been taking care of him for so long."

Reporter: "Any message for Gannon?"

Her: "The message for Gannon is, Gannon, when you get here, you'll be able to truly tell what happened, and then, I REALLLY hope I get a sincere apology from EVERYone who has made <sic> ALLLL those things…."

Everyone practicing their apology speeches in front of their mirrors tonight?

Yeah.

Me, neither.

There have been too many kids with threads here that have had one parent as a serial abuser as the other parent seems to stand idly by. I am not saying this dad has done anything. He was clearly out of town when this event occurred.

IF this is a case of systematic, chronic abuse by one parent, then, it will be important to understand how the family dynamic developed.
Blended families can be tough. Some can have great relationships with the various families and others struggle. If bio dad was gone alot for his service then i can see how a child like Gannon can struggle if the step parent shows uneasy feelings towards the child. Perhaps there was issues in the marriage and G was the reciepant of anger when dad was gone. JMO

BBM

Brandon Thompson
@BThompsonNews

The metro crime lab van is still on scene and the @EPCSheriff says it will remain here over the next several days to collect evidence

7:52PM - 2/5/20
Brandon Thompson on Twitter

Brandon Thompson
@BThompsonNews

Here’s our update from the scene today. Lots more coming tonight. @courtney_fromm covering how social media is affecting the investigation and @danielaleontv has the family’s heart wrenching message

8:38PM - 2/5/20

I can't remember if I saw it here or on FB, but someone posted an image of SM's house and showed that SHE has cameras on her house. They speculated she was trying to avoid being caught on her own cameras.
I saw it here but I didn't see the actual cameras in the locations the post said they were.

I think the poisoning aspect caught my attention.. might take that long to completely search a medium sized house for potential chemicals, residues, or hidden bottles or packets of powder etc? :(

I don't see the cameras. Are people saying the house has its own security cameras too? Or is it like a ring doorbell cam?
Picture in post #578.

Now that I took a closer look, that black thing that is blocking the 4th digit of the address on the porch post.......is probably not a camera. Is it something tied in the tree? I had originally thought it was a camera.

So, yes, I agree that she could have been trying to hide him from their ring doorbell (if they have one).

Is there a reason we’re using BD, BM, and SM here instead of their actual initials? Whenever I see SM I think social media.

ETA/TLDR please use their legal initials

Last edited:
I noticed in the release from the sheriff's department that the El Paso County Public Works was an agency that they were working with in the investigation. In some areas the sewage department falls under this agency. Perhaps the crime lab is checking all drains, drain lines, plumbing looking for any foreign residue in the pipes, etc. Just thinking why they could be there for days?
Hmmm, good thought.

I'm no expert on departments / agencies. Could public works have anything to do with trash removal / landfills?

BBM

Brandon Thompson
@BThompsonNews

The metro crime lab van is still on scene and the @EPCSheriff says it will remain here over the next several days to collect evidence

7:52PM - 2/5/20

Brandon Thompson
@BThompsonNews

Here’s our update from the scene today. Lots more coming tonight. @courtney_fromm covering how social media is affecting the investigation and @danielaleontv has the family’s heart wrenching message

8:38PM - 2/5/20

So it's kinda, sorta a crime scene now?

If they are truly going to be there for days, this is exactly what I think is going to happen. I think they found something that some could have been concealed on hardwood/carpet to the subfloor. Or at least that's the only thing I can think of that would take DAYS to gather evidence.
Edit: Oh... I just saw that post upstream about public works being involved. Oh drains/pipes. That makes sense too.

MOO
Too bad people have been living there for the last week. Flushing everything out.....

You know, I thought I got over invested in Harley's case. But, this one has got me more. I might have to take a timeout ofter this one. The evil that is in this world is absolutely appalling.
It’s good to take breaks- I’ve had to over the years -I’ve been here a very long time and had a long break a few years ago- listen to your heart and do what’s best for your soul -its my motto ...
Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member