Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to go where you are going. What leads you to this position? Are you thinking she could be charged with criminal neglect? This is also so much bigger than an affair, so are you thinking it started as an affair cover-up and went south? Drugs or an affair coincidental with a disappearance feels to unlikely to me. Can you expand on your thinking?

I also think it's very unlikely, but here's my line of thinking.

1. She's hiding something. There are too many inconsistencies and contradictions in her multiple stories and they can't all be true. The question is what would motivate her to lie about the sequence of events.

2. The simplest and most likely explanation is that whatever she's hiding has the potential to destroy her life. A murder would obviously qualify, but for an educator, something like child neglect or drug charges could absolutely ruin her. The possibility of facing some kind of lesser charges, losing her license, losing her marriage - that may have been enough to motivate her to lie in the first place, long before this got any serious attention.

I don't believe for a single second Gannon's foot bled. Too much extraneous information. Notice, she doesn't even say WHAT cut his foot. She SAYS Albert has tools. Albert does woodworking. Because because. But she never says that Gannon cut his foot on any of those tools. The whole thing is a blizzard of details to account for blood AND DISTRACT FROM THE ACTUAL SOURCE OF BLEEDING.

Exhausted, exhaustive, she's EXHAUSTING.

JMO
Excellent post!

The absolute only reason I can see bandaging your kids foot in the garage and not in the house would be if you didnt want blood all over your carpets, if the foot was dripping that much blood , that's a nasty cut. I wonder if she mentioned it to dad.

I get that you wouldn't want blood on the carpets. But, you have to clean the cut as well. It doesn't seem right.

“... build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift.”
——————

Liars are extremely generous when it comes to giving you details. They’re trying to con you into believing them by overloading you with details.

This shows they’ve put a lot of thought into what they’re going to say and probably even rehearsed it in their head.

Honest people give more succinct answers, because they’re telling the truth and they don’t have to think about it.

They know the facts.

10 Absolute Giveaways That Someone Is Lying To You
Agreed. There is no reason in in the world for a statement in the middle of a police investigation to mention a completely unrelated and random gift--except for a person under a cloud of suspicion to make a totally unnecessary point about how loved and cherished she is by the missing child and his father. Her lawyer (if she has/had one) must be apoplectic this morning.

Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance
“Thank you to my husband who has stayed strong through this and protected our family to the best of his ability and our immediate & extended family members throughout the east coast. To Gannon, please come home soon because your daddy is waiting to watch the new Sonic movie that comes out this week and the cool shirt I got you to wear to the theatre is in your closet.”

Are AS and TS talking? I’m confused by the statement release. Also, I feel like everyone is super focused on a snip of the video and not other possibilities. LE did not release the video, it was leaked. LE has said “The mis-information that is being spread on social media is a hindrance to this investigation and adds an unnecessary additional burden on the family.“ EPCSheriff on Twitter
Is WS getting tunnel vision on TS? Just want to see Gannon brought home.

Tunnel vision? Tunnel vision would be ignoring a lot of facts. Especially the part where LE aknowledged the video and agrees with what it shows.

If a theory requires ignoring facts, common sense, and a lot of mental gymnastics to make it work....

It did not happen.

The foot does not add up to me. I’m a mom of two boys- 7 & 9- and there’s no way I’m letting them walk barefoot in the garage- especially when there are sharp tools around- and it’s winter in Colorado. If he had shoes on, that was a wicked sharp tool to cut through leather or fabric or a sole. If this happened, I’d text my husband, probably angrily about his irresponsibility- and there would be a trail. Is there a trail of texts???

JMO

A few things I learned from that statement:

Clearly there was blood found that needs to be explained away.

Once again, this is all about her. It’s clear that not one ounce of self awareness has creeped in since we last heard from her. If anything, it appears to be dropping precipitously.

She apparently doesn’t have a lawyer, because this was as big a disaster as that tv interview. Out of all the cases I’ve followed, I’ve never seen anything like this.

SELF AWARENESS. That's what I was thinking. She has zero, zilch, nada, self awareness. Hot mess doesn't begin to describe this mess...IMO

Very early in the case, there was a really clear shot of the inside of the Stauch family's garage. It was pretty crammed full of stuff, and there were some boards on the floor, but for the life of me I can't seem to find that pic. Anyone remember that?

ETA: spelling error :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just my two cents here. Two scenarios come to mind. Either this is really the initial report, a runaway for reasons unknown to us and Gannon is at dire risk for exposure, or...well you all know what number two is. I really hope it's number one.

Wondering if she gave LE her phone????
If they had her vehicles, they have\had her phone.

speaking of, I keep seeing posts guessing she took selfie then left phone in house? Imo, nope. Who has their phone, goes back in and leaves it, then runs errands? I mean, if they are only running errands. Four hours of errands. With a kid sick enough to need to stay in the car.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that you wouldn't want blood on the carpets. But, you have to clean the cut as well. It doesn't seem right.
Pretty easy to clean a cut anywhere, I grab the hydrogen peroxide, a couple paper towels and a bandage. I have kids lol, I dont want blood on the carpet. but it really is an awkward place to clean it. I think I would probably have put some paper towels on and brought them in the house, mostly because of lighting factors. Garages are too dark to see.

We could spend the next several days picking apart that statement, as it’s rife with deception and irregularities.

Look at this closing line:

I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior and keep praying for G!

So I guess he didn’t run away, and now she believes it is a kidnapping. How about an appeal to Gannon’s abductor?

I’ll wait...

She also apparently called pediatrician about the stomach issues GS was having, who prescribed miralax. Wouldn’t she mention said foot injury to pediatrician? Wonder if she did......
Yes, she still has a lot of explaining to do. If she never took him to the scheduled appointment then what was the reason for that?

What would the doctor have seen or not seen? Was Gannon even around to take him to the doctor on Monday?

Imo

For those of you who follow this case on social media, have there been any prior references on those sites (prior to this most recent statement from the stepmom) about a cut foot or blood in the garage or on the truck?

Not that I know of and I've read a ton. I suspect that the police have found evidence of blood in the garage and the truck and have asked her to explain it (either in an interview or through her attorney, if she has one). So, per usual with this person, she tries to do her own media campaign on SM and get out in front of the story.

At age 37ish, this woman thinks that SM is a way to resolve these issues and persuade the public of her innocence. That makes me think she doesn't have an attorney. She would likely need someone pro bono until she's arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy