Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time I hear a child's been taken at night from a house full of people (Lisa Irwin, Ayla Reynolds, etc.), or has 'run away' and they're too young to survive on their own -- my hinky meter jumps and I think "Here we go again..."

because, heartbreakingly, that is 100 percent correct so many, too many, times. i cannot comprehend it, really. it's become a weekly occurrence. :(

Not good IMO. And darnit I'll be driving when this presser happens. Is anybody here in the CS neighborhood? I am so curious about the activity at the home and nearby PD. When it was Chris Watts, we knew before they said what was happening based on the vehicle movement between home and PD.

I’ve heard there’s been a lot of sheriff vehicles in the area this afternoon. But the supposed location of the heavy presence was a mile south of where I just picked my girls up, so I didn’t personally see it. Also, the location was not in GS’s neighborhood.

Not good IMO. And darnit I'll be driving when this presser happens. Is anybody here in the CS neighborhood? I am so curious about the activity at the home and nearby PD. When it was Chris Watts, we knew before they said what was happening based on the vehicle movement between home and PD.

I’ve heard there’s been a lot of sheriff vehicles in the area this afternoon. But the supposed location of the heavy presence was a mile south of where I just picked my girls up, so I didn’t personally see it. Also, the location was not in GS’s neighborhood.

a mile south of where you picked your kids up? Hmm...any bluffs nearby?

Just thinking about why law enforcement would handle it this way, in the event that we learn this was in fact foul play.

By maintaining a public stance that Gannon ran away, it did two things;

It allowed law enforcement to monitor a potential suspect without them being aware, and would have kept this person from lawyering up. That would mean that this person would keep cooperating, and ultimately dig themselves a hole.

*Link to live presser when it happens is below:

Authorities continue search for missing boy near Fountain - KRDO

SABBM:

Also on Thursday, a Sheriff's Office patrol car with two deputies was parked for an extended period of time across the street from the Stauch family home, and two other men appearing to be law enforcement officers sat in an unmarked car down the street.

However, the officers left the scene after two men and a woman got into a pickup truck parked in the driveway, and drove away.

Many people on social media are wondering why more information about Gannon isn't available. As KRDO NewsChannel 13 reported Wednesday, it is the policy of the Sheriff's Office to investigate reports of missing children aged 10 and older as runaways, until evidence is found to prove an abduction or kidnapping has taken place.

Is there a landfill in that area?

Just thinking about why law enforcement would handle it this way, in the event that we learn this was in fact foul play.

By maintaining a public stance that Gannon ran away, it did two things;

It allowed law enforcement to monitor a potential suspect without them being aware, and would have kept this person from lawyering up. That would mean that this person would keep cooperating, and ultimately dig themselves a hole.
I know you’re right, MassGuy. I just get frustrated & feel such an urgency in finding these children that I lose sight of what LE is really doing, behind the scenes. Appreciate the clarity.

In case of missing Colorado Springs boy Gannon Stauch, 11, no news is bad news

SABBM:

No news is bad news in the case of Gannon Stauch, an 11-year-old missing since Monday who has been the focus of an intense search in southeastern Colorado Springs.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday there are no updates on the case, which has drawn the attention of the agency’s top violent-crime detectives as they search for clues to the boy’s whereabouts.

Checking my calendar…today IS Thursday, right?
K.
That's what I thought.

Last edited:
Has anyone beside the stepmom saw him Monday? Because if not, then i dont think he went missing then. Also why didnt any friend come forward to say he was visiting him?

My hinky meter is going full force. I really have to sit on my hands...

SABBM:

No news is bad news in the case of Gannon Stauch, an 11-year-old missing since Monday who has been the focus of an intense search in southeastern Colorado Springs.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday there are no updates on the case, which has drawn the attention of the agency’s top violent-crime detectives as they search for clues to the boy’s whereabouts.

Checking my calendar…today is Thursday, right?

No updates to the case.
But LE's holding a presser to update the public on the case.

Roger that.
Nothing in MSM yet, but saddening rumors abroad

I've also noted that we haven't heard anything publicly yet from the parents/stepmom in terms of getting in front of the media pleading for him to come home etc. - one reason for this could be due to the fact that some of them have been in questioning, and unable to do so.

Unfortunately, I think this case is heading exactly where we thought it would. Any time that there is an unplanned presser announced, especially when other unapproved sites are running rampant with rumors, it does not bode well.

SABBM:

Checking my calendar…today is Thursday, right?
Interesting... The article was posted about 50 minutes ago and the tweets announcing the presser were posted about 26 minutes ago. I wonder what changed?? Sounds bad IMO.

KRDO NewsChannel 13
@KRDONC13

27m
The sheriff's office is planning on giving an update at 5:15 p.m. We'll stream the news in this article and on Facebook.

I've also noted that we haven't heard anything publicly yet from the parents/stepmom in terms of getting in front of the media pleading for him to come home etc. - one reason for this could be due to the fact that some of them have been in questioning, and unable to do so.

Unfortunately, I think this case is heading exactly where we thought it would. Any time that there is an unplanned presser announced, especially when other unapproved sites are running rampant with rumors, it does not bode well.
I did see dad interviewed very briefly on a MSM page but have not seen it linked in any of the ones posted recently. He looked pretty upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm