CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11
Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35
Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday, April 4th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 9am MT) – CO – Gannon Jacob Stauch (11) (reported missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found in a suitcase along the Escambia River Bridge on Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL., Santa Rosa County; ID’d on June 6, 2020) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 39) akas Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin (maiden name) & Letecia Lynn Hunt (1st married name), Tiffany Taylor Stauch & Taylor Swift arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & charged (re-filed 3/20/20) & arraigned (11/4/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree felony child abuse resulting in death (this count dismissed, 4/3/23), 3rd degree felony tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree felony tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (special enhancer: firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond. Plead not guilty. On 2/11/22 changed plea to not guilty by reason of insanity. (for original charges (3/5/20) see post 362 page 19 of thread #54).
*Charged (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond. Plead not guilty.
Stauch faces a second case in which she is accused of attempting to escape from the El Paso County jail in May 2020. The second case against Stauch is on hold until the completion of the 1st degree murder trial.
Gannon suffered from a fractured skull, a gunshot wound to the lower jaw, eighteen sharp force wounds & what appeared to be defensive wounds on his hands. The cause of death was determined to be a gunshot wound with blunt-force trauma to the head.
Trial began on 3/20/23 with jury selection & ended on 4/3/23 for final jury selection with 11 men & 7 women. 12 jurors & 6 alternates.
Trial began on 4/3/23 with opening statements.
Trial will be from 9am to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday each week. No Trial on Thursdays as Judge has other commitments. No trial on 5/12/23.

Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 3/20/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (3/20-3/28/23) & 4/3/23 reference post #517 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-54.670811/page-26

4/3/23 Monday, Day 7, Final Jury Selection: The first group of 75 called back to start today. 10 people have informed Judge Gregory Werner that their circumstances have changed since their first appearance in court & that for a variety of reasons they may not be able to serve on this jury. Judge says trial maybe done by 5/25/23. 20 people were dismissed by the Judge for a variety of hardships. Leaving 55. The 18-person jury to be selected of the 55 people remaining in the room. This process is done by attorneys passing a sheet back & forth, picking a potential jury member to remove each time they get the sheet of paper. This will be done until there are only 18 people left & those 18 people will be the jury for trial. 18-person jury has been selected, consists of 11 men & 7 women. Six of these jurors will be deemed alternates once evidence and testimony is concluded. Jury has been sworn in. Defense wants a bench trial & waive a jury trial AFTER the judge has already sworn in a jury. Judge denies their request as he has determined that a fair & impartial jury was found today. And change of venue-denied.
for more info see post #652 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-54.670811/page-33
Trial, Monday Day 1: A last-minute defense motion to eliminate the public viewing of the proceedings (via WebEx) (change venue?) is denied by Judge Werner. The Court cited Dylan Redwine and James Holmes cases where the public interest in the trial did not impact the defendant receiving a fair trial. LS also agreed that the jury will decide her fate and this will not be a bench trial (decision by the Court). And Judge gives jury instructions.
Opening statements by prosecutor DA Michael Allen.
for more info see post #788 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-54.670811/page-40
Opening statements by defense attorney Will Cook.
for more info see post #918 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-54.670811/page-46
Judge addressed the jurors (post #926. Prosecutors are dismissing Count #-Child abuse resulting in death-which requires an accumulation of injurires not having proper care, which Allen says was charged before Gannon's body was discovered (posts #937 & 938)
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-54.670811/page-47
Jury will be going home at 3:30pm today & start fresh tomorrow.
Trial continues on Tuesday, 4/4/23.

We’re back in court for evidence, will start being presented at 9 am MT today.

Each trial day:

There will be a 15 minute recess sometime between 10:00/10:30 am
Around Noon will recess for lunch
There will be a 15 minute recess sometime between 3:00/3:30 pm
Recess for the day @5:00 pm MT

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
17h

Defense opening in #LeteciaStauch: "Just give us a fair shake. I can see it in your eyes...as far as you're concerned, I can burn in hell for representing Miss Stauch. A lot of you won't make eye contact with me. I might as well just be the devil himself..."

What an impression!!!!
He worked real hard on that one, didn't he?

( " Wah wah wah.....I am leaving!! " )

Guilty!!!!

I'm not familiar with criminal cases. Is there a list of when the witnesses will testify? Like, in what order or something?

Wonder if this will be one of the cases where the defense doesn't cross examine many of the witnesses. If so, I can see it going much faster than anticipated.
I wondered the same thing, seeing as this hinges on whether or not LS was in a dissociative state at the time. Most of the prosecution witnesses won't be able to speak to that. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I don't even know what it is, it's not even something as sophisticated as power negative, it's like they read social media and went 'hold my beer' and wrote the opening statement.

MOO
Defense is probably reading here lol it's been known to happen. I kind of feel for that lawyer first she fires him and wants to rep herself then he's back to being her lawyer .she can't be to pleasant to work with. I wonder how many times after meeting with her he says wtf did I just hear.i really hope she can't get a retrial due to inept counsel jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB