CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered the same thing, seeing as this hinges on whether or not LS was in a dissociative state at the time. Most of the prosecution witnesses won't be able to speak to that. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
The thing is, based on those notes Ashley Portillo put up, they mention a dissociative disorder diagnosis, but then they say she was in a 'major psychotic episode' when she killed Gannon.

Dissociation and psychosis are not the same thing. And DID and other dissociative disorders do not have psychosis as a diagnostic feature. (Though some disorders with psychosis as a defining feature do have some dissociation.)

Are the defense relying on the jury not knowing that?

MOO

Defense is probably reading here lol it's been known to happen. I kind of feel for that lawyer first she fires him and wants to rep herself then he's back to being her lawyer .she can't be to pleasant to work with. I wonder how many times after meeting with her he says wtf did I just hear.i really hope she can't get a retrial due to inept counsel jmoo
Cook gave the opening statement, not the guy she fired/rehired.

MOO

Defense is probably reading here lol it's been known to happen. I kind of feel for that lawyer first she fires him and wants to rep herself then he's back to being her lawyer .she can't be to pleasant to work with. I wonder how many times after meeting with her he says wtf did I just hear.i really hope she can't get a retrial due to inept counsel jmoo

I feel for him, too. He's duty-bound to represent LS, but he doesn't have to like it. In fact, his very poor opening statement makes me think he's finding it difficult to work up robust defense.

JMOO

Defense did her no favors. It is going to come down to sane or insane. Hope the jury recognize premeditation, internet searches, the lies, the planning, cleaning up crime scene and the miles driven to cover up the murder of an innocent boy named Gannon Jacob Stauch. Her rage for HER life taken out on Gannon.

Obvious speculation - moo, imo

Last edited:
I think a study comparing Letecia's behavior and Lori Vallow Daybell's behavior would be interesting for thise studying criminal behavior. There would be a lot to cover, from the behavior on camera before being arrested, to mugshots and now in the courtroom to the element of insanity in both cases. Is Letecia in shackles? If I were her lawyer, I would prefer it and also that she was seated far away.

I feel for him, too. He's duty-bound to represent LS, but he doesn't have to like it. In fact, his very poor opening statement makes me think he's finding it difficult to work up robust defense.

JMOO
Reflecting on it yesterday, while I think it was poor and the little walk out stunt was stupid - I could see this as a case this lawyer is having a difficult time navigating. JMO

Reactions: Dre

JMOO

Yep, I mean look what he's got to work with!. Not only is she so obviously guilrlty, they have no choice but to admit it, but they have to to try and convince the jury she is/was insane knowing all the crappie she pulled immediately before and after, then in the days following, and its all documented. Her fb posts, her fb posts on Harley and her mothers accounts, her interviews from jail, her interview with Spencer, her hiding tissues down her trousers in the police interview, then faking illness to get out of said interview, I could on!.
I know the burden of proof that she was sane lies with the state in this case, but let's face it, the state won't have to work hard to prove it, she handed it to them on a silver platter. She's nuts, but just your average garden variety nuts and her lawyers know it!.
JMO

I'm interested to see how the Prosecution navigates the start. Do they immediately go after the events that happened or start proving that LS is mindfully aware of everything she did in the lead up.
I suspect they may start with the days before she brutally murdered Gannon.

Her internet search history, social media posts, etc.
Many of us have already seen a lot of them but I suspect there's a lot we still don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member