CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm behind. The Bridge Inspector with the "Little feet wearing little football socks" ...oh boy, that was sad.
All the cross examination questions seem silly - Not sure what their point is - I guess they can't just say "pass"?

https://twitter.com/FierroNicole

Next witness Jason Yoder. He's a criminal investigator with Escambia County Sheriff's Office in Florida

Yoder describes the same socks the bridge inspector noted when finding the body. He says they were small socks with footballs on them.

They found the body March 17th. Called investigators here in Colorado saying they think it might be Gannon.

Yoder says there are much larger bridges with deeper water than the one where Gannon's body was found.

Detective Yoder doesn't think there would be a lot of cars driving by on the bridge at time,

Next witness. Major crimes detective with El Paso County Sheriff's office. They didn't have him spell his last name so I'm working to confirm it.

Detective recalls processing evidence from Gannon Stauch.

Detective putting on gloves and scissors. He's being asked to open up an evidence envelope but leave evidence inside just so he can identify it.

He said it's a toothbrush inside of a holder that was brought to them.

Next evidence item is a comb.

Next evidence is scrub brushes and scissors that detective says Al told him he found in the dishwasher. He said the brushes had some carpet fibers on them.

He called them a strand of carpet.

Empty vinegar bottle in trashcan another piece of evidence.

Back with another member of the El Paso County Sheriff's office. He was a patrol deputy back in January 2020. Didn't hear his name.

He had body worn camera from the call.

We are hearing the body camera of Letecia taking police through the house after reporting Gannon as a runaway. They tell her kids sometimes hide so they wanted to search the house and she complied.

She's telling them on body camera about how she had to cut the carpet because of the candle falling.

Coming up on breaking point for the day.

Court is breaking until Friday morning at 9 am.

This is specific to certain states that allow it. The jurors can submit written questions after each witness. The questions go to the judge who sidebars with the attorneys where they decide which if any of the questions will be asked. I saw this only in one other trial I've watched (can't remember which one) but thought it was really cool.
Wow, that is very cool! Did they ask any questions in the trial you watched?
I googled this for more info in case anyone else is as curious as I am. MOO

It will take jury less than one hour to convict. imo

When the jury member asked who first referred to Gannon as a runaway, everybody knew. They aren't picking up anything the defence is putting down. Nope.

They will probably be sitting around discussing the weather after the first 5 min amd the show of hands, waiting out the reasonable time they are supposed to take to deliberate!
Out of all the children missing here in this country, he auto thought it was Gannon? Wow.....

It wasn't quite as quick as that but still outstanding!

Eta- forgot to reply to Warwick's post before I pressed post reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member