CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's to fully demonstrate her state of mind at the time, immediately after she murdered Gannon.
She's claiming insanity and the state is proving her a liar.

The state needs to prove her to be sane. It doesn't matter if she's a liar. I am on pins and needles wondering how the judge will instruct this jury and what the jury will decide "insanity" is, in this case. I think they'll throw up their hands like we're doing and just pronounce her guilty.

But we can't know that. All it takes is one person to believe that she is, in fact, insane. And my own impression is that she is extremely different from a normal person - I just don't have a clue how to describe this kind of evil crazy. I hope the jury decides she's evil, rather than crazy, and convicts her.

I think the state is indeed showing that her behavior at the time showed self-preservation instincts, critical thinking skills and other things associated with sanity (whatever that is - the jury has to decide). But she also shows a profound lack of common sense, cognitive oddities that I can't even begin to explain or describe.

I do know that I would convict her, based on what we've seen and heard so far. I think the very long exposure to her interviews gives the jury a near-real life window into her, as she was, at the time of the murder. As do the phone calls with AS. Taken together, she sure sounds as if she's cagey, covering her own butt, lying with full awareness of the lies, inventing more lies to cover up past lies, and in general acting as a sane person who has done something absolutely evil and horrible. She'd been working up to this level of manipulation and violence for quite some time, judging from the calls with AS.

I'm just afraid that her over-active imagination/lying will be perceived by some jurors as so far outside of "human normal" that she must, indeed, be insane,

JMO. I have no clue how the jurors will decide the sanity question right now.

We're off tomorrow, and we sure need and deserve a day off after today. o_O

Friday at 9 a.m.
Not Tee.
She won't be off.
So there's that, at least.

i wonder how she is behaving when she returns to prison each night?
I wonder whether her fellow prisoners are allowed to watch the trial and how they're communicating with her..

The state needs to prove her to be sane. It doesn't matter if she's a liar. I am on pins and needles wondering how the judge will instruct this jury and what the jury will decide "insanity" is, in this case. I think they'll throw up their hands like we're doing and just pronounce her guilty.

But we can't know that. All it takes is one person to believe that she is, in fact, insane. And my own impression is that she is extremely different from a normal person - I just don't have a clue how to describe this kind of evil crazy. I hope the jury decides she's evil, rather than crazy, and convicts her.

I think the state is indeed showing that her behavior at the time showed self-preservation instincts, critical thinking skills and other things associated with sanity (whatever that is - the jury has to decide). But she also shows a profound lack of common sense, cognitive oddities that I can't even begin to explain or describe.

I do know that I would convict her, based on what we've seen and heard so far. I think the very long exposure to her interviews gives the jury a near-real life window into her, as she was, at the time of the murder. As do the phone calls with AS. Taken together, she sure sounds as if she's cagey, covering her own butt, lying with full awareness of the lies, inventing more lies to cover up past lies, and in general acting as a sane person who has done something absolutely evil and horrible. She'd been working up to this level of manipulation and violence for quite some time, judging from the calls with AS.

I'm just afraid that her over-active imagination/lying will be perceived by some jurors as so far outside of "human normal" that she must, indeed, be insane,

This is a real fear if you've stepped inside a jury pool within the past five years.

There's a funny bit by Sebastian Maniscalco about jury duty. Funny as hell but uncomfortably accurate.

I am very appreciative of the updates posted here. Thanks to all.

Now we know why they said Letecia stuffed tissue down her pants....Because that is exactly what they didn't want her to do, right before a sane exam. That ploy had to be so obvious to the detectives when it happened.
Friday we will have the drama of her faking a possible heart attack. I'll be curious if it was a particular question asked leading up to her feigned attack? I wonder how she got HH to pick her up from the hospital, they had taken her phone. I'm surprised she was able to spring herself from the hospital. I guess LE may have been over confident having her phone and vehicle. She could have told the staff lies, like I'm going to the chapel to pray for my son. Oh yeah! We know when she lies, she lies big!

Last edited:
Yes - and they were mentioned in the first week of this trial (I think the judge had some hearing regarding them). Depending on what happens with this trial, she will still be accountable for that attack (and could face a second trial).

IMO.
You’re confusing her first escape attempt while being transported

With her attempted escape charges from the El Paso County jail

Honestly, I think there’s a distinction with a difference here. She’s crazy and nuts, childish and stupid, but at the same time, she’s legally sane.

Insane people don’t commit coverups, no matter how sloppy. This was actually pretty complex in a way, as she had to take so many actions, and tell so many lies.

Did she know what she was doing? Yes she did

Did she know what she was doing was wrong? For sure, just look at the rental car thing, lies, “Cousin It” interview, Facebook posts, and that hilarious fake polygraph debacle.

I’m not worried, because this jury will hate her into a guilty verdict. That’s not how it is supposed to work, but it’s a solid backstop.

Done.

Lol, I’m pretty sure tissue paper won’t block out 100% of ambient sound. It might attenuate noise a bit but that’s all so she can try and ignore her screechy voice but she can’t completely escape it.

(I’m a musician who often plays with pipers and have experimented with many earplugs over the years).
If she can get her hands on it, chewing gum might work better.

You’re confusing her first escape attempt while being transported

With her attempted escape charges from the El Paso County jail

Ah, yes, I sure am. Totally forgot about the two different attempts.

And she's sure to try it again unless she is in fact on some meds. IMO. Had totally forgotten about the EPC attempt.

Thank you!

Honestly, I think there’s a distinction with a difference here. She’s crazy and nuts, childish and stupid, but at the same time, she’s legally sane.

Insane people don’t commit coverups, no matter how sloppy. This was actually pretty complex in a way, as she had to take so many actions, and tell so many lies.

Did she know what she was doing was wrong? For sure, just look at the rental car thing, lies, “Cousin It” interview, Facebook posts, and that hilarious fake polygraph debacle.

I’m not worried, because this jury will hate her into a guilty verdict. That’s not how it is supposed to work, but it’s a solid backstop.

Done.

Thank you for the reassurance. From my perch, she's legally sane. Today's interviews with LE seem to show it. And I agree that the jury is likely to see it that way. I just hate being disappointed.

Good to see you here, always the voice of reason (and like King Friday, always right, or at least, almost).

I am very appreciative of the updates posted here. Thanks to all.

Now we know why they said Letecia stuffed tissue down her pants....Because that is exactly what they didn't want her to, right before a sane exam. That ploy had to be so obvious to the detectives when it happened.
Tomorrow will have the drama of her faking a possible heart attack. I'll be curious if it was a particular question asked leading up to her feigned attack? I wonder how she got HH to pick her up from the hospital, they had taken her phone. I'm surprised she was able to spring herself from the hospital. I guess LE may have been over confident having her phone and vehicle. She could have told the staff lies, like I'm going to the chapel to pray for my son. Oh yeah! We know when she lies, she lies big!
Don’t forget no court on Thursdays! Have to wait until Friday to see the rest of her circus act.

58BDDA0F-339C-4DF6-A26E-307ADF5D5512.jpeg87063FEF-2A33-41C8-B1C7-D6F0F2BC2171.jpeg

Ah, yes, I sure am. Totally forgot about the two different attempts.

And she's sure to try it again unless she is in fact on some meds. IMO. Had totally forgotten about the EPC attempt.

Thank you!
You’re welcome! I had forgotten about the first one lol.
Since it’s under Kansas jurisdiction I’m not sure when or how we’ll hear about the status of that one.

The other one here in Colorado 20CR3170 they decided it will trail the Murder trial 20CR1358

632ED27C-7EAC-4AB0-840D-F5FE0823B27C.jpeg

Her biggest downfall in all of this is her talking. She digs herself into holes she can't get out of.

I wonder if her ex will get back on the stand at any point to refute some of the bs she shoveled in that interview. Flight attendant? Dr. Stauch? Care over time of the kids? Sitting by at the airport because he agreed to get a rental to avoid miles overage? While these things are not monumental or even consequential in this case, they need to keep nailing her when she lies because her as a liar is much closer to the truth than her being insane.

I loved they had her in that room--comfy-- with snacks, drinks, and mood paintings. I loved that they laid all the groundwork--- free to go at any time, miranda for her safety, and that they just wanted to hear her story. Letting her go on after the assurances and her signing that understood was criminal gold. You could see their soft touch and her just talking, talking, talking, yada, yada, yada. The woman talked her self into filing a potential false police report charge as the reason that she could be detained. I loved how the two female detectives come back in and make it about her being a T-trove of evidence they need rather than her lies. She was ungrounded when sitting alone in that room before the recess. I know what is coming but I am anxious to see exactly how it went down.

In my youth, I volunteered for a Rape Crisis/Sexual Assault Survivor's group. Watching her today, spinning a story and thinking she could easily gather empathy and trust by claiming she was raped made me angry and sick to my stomach. Too many people have survived situations that are not too far off from her general story. These people suffer and are never the same.

I can't wait to hear "guilty" read in that courtroom. I am not a person who relishes in other's pain or discomfort but she is a person that makes want to see her squirm.

Last edited:

Done.
Yep. The core of her defense is what? That some "other" personality committed the murder? And that the "other" didn't understand right from wrong? That's an awfully big pill to ask the jury to swallow and it's about all she can claim given her defense of NGRI via DID. She's kind of painted into a corner IMO.

IMO the circumstantial and forensic evidence surrounding the hours before and after the murder point more to a calculated act where Letecia (or her alternate personality, cough cough) clearly understood what she had done was wrong and she exhibited a need to cover her tracks and create alibis - like minutes after.

IMO this jury isn't going to be bamboozled by her lies and (hopefully) will conclude that crazy or not she knew she did wrong, which is all it takes to convict her. All MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member