CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11
Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35
Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunchbreak until just before 1:30. 'If you go out for lunch, don't get blown away by our Colorado breeze.'

Oooh. I didn't hear LS say 'no' loudly at one point, but apparently she did. She's getting the teacher talk.

1682704442500.png Blurry screen shot as the Jury leaves for their Lunch Recess. Then, this is my take on it-- the Judge wants to discuss Letecia making a comment while Dr. Torres was testifying. He tells Ms. Stauch that she can't be disruptive and how he understands this is a long trial and she doesn't feel well today, but she'll get a chance to address the Jury if she chooses, but must wait and not blurt out.
1682704554928.png
1682704628209.png

She isn't insane. Immature. Desperate.

She sounds like an immature 9 year old.

She belongs in prison.

If only we could have gotten her there before she ever met Gannon's dad.

Her reasoning, her logic, her fabricating -- is all very juvenile.

She wasn't equipped for adulthood. Not work, not marriage, not motherhood, not step-parenting, not divorce --

Maybe prison can break her -- and she can face what she did and why she did it -- doubt it though. She took the evidence book and built an absurd story out of it. Ever the victim, ever the hero.

For me, so I can make sense of how a seeming adult could commit such a horrifying, sustained homicide, it helps me to think of her like those girls in the slim man murders. Juvenile. Hollow. Angry. Mean.

T isn't insane. There's just a whole lot missing in her. Heart. Soul. Humanness.

It'll be a better world when she's no longer in it.

Jmo
BBM

Amen! I’m so angry at her. My heart breaks for AS and LH.
#HereForGannon

View attachment 417871 Blurry screen shot as the Jury leaves for their Lunch Recess. Then, this is my take on it-- the Judge wants to discuss Letecia making a comment while Dr. Torres was testifying. He tells Ms. Stauch that she can't be disruptive and how he understands this is a long trial and she doesn't feel well today, but she'll get a chance to address the Jury if she chooses, but must wait and not blurt out.
View attachment 417872
View attachment 417873
Yes he said it happened “ about an hour ago” when Torres was asked a question he heard LS say NO very loudly.

Guessing we can find a replay of it somewhere later.
JMO

I agree. She was and is young, I don't think they'd put her in the stand but maybe play a video/audio as well as testimony of the person who interviewed her ..that is if they even bring up her account of the timeline. But seeing how in this version of events she's really involving Laina, it's definitely a possibility.
If her testimony comes in, she's got to be subject to cross-examination. She can't just say her piece on tape. I agree it would be hard on a child, but those are the rules regardless of age. She could give a victim impact statement though. Those aren't subject to cross.
JMO

The sound was so bad. I missed so much. RA channel says:

Maria said it was "time to kill" and Maria aimed for the head to make it fast. Laina there wanting to help carry upstairs to take Gannon to the hospital.

Nobody on the RA channel heard what Letecia blurted out the "No!" about that Dr. Torres said.

@Niner
Morning testimony up until Noon lunch recess.

Judge Werner said he knows Letecia Stauch is not feeling well, and may need to be taken out of the room at any point today. “If it feels like you’re going to throw up or something like that, you need to let your attorneys know,” said Judge Werner.

Dr. Loandra Torres, a forensic psychologist, is resuming the witness stand. She conducted a competency evaluation and sanity evaluation on Letecia Stauch.

“At this part of the evaluation, what we’re trying to do is get out the defendant’s story, their perception of everything that happened to them, what they were thinking or feeling, and what actions they took. This is important of evaluations of insanity,” said Dr. Torres.

Jurors are now listening to part of the forensic interview with Letecia Stauch. It’s more than an hour long.

Forensic psychologist: “Talk to us about what happened on the day of the event. There may be things leading up to it.”
Stauch: “Where do you want me to start at?”
Forensic psychologist: “Where do you think it begins?”

Letecia Stauch described an accidental shooting, when she shot someone who was wearing a cape, who she later learned was Gannon. Letecia said, “I would never purposely hurt Gannon… I never knew once that it was Gannon.”

She said the noise woke Laina up, Gannon’s younger sister. She mentioned a report where Laina, “she said on there, Gannon’s body was not moving… she helped me carry Gannon’s body to the car.”

Stauch said, “I didn’t even know it was Gannon at that time until I moved the cover.” She said Gannon was barely talking but was still alive. Stauch said she was in complete and utter shock, and began throwing up.

Stauch said when she “woke back up,” she heard a howling noise. She said she went to the garage and heard a noise. “That must have been when Gannon took his last breath,” she said.

Stauch said Laina was asking what was going on. Stauch also said Laina and Harley had an expression like they had just seen a ghost. Stauch said she couldn’t believe what just happened. “I never would have purposely hurt Gannon,” Stauch said.

“To know that he was speaking to me and Laina as we were trying to take him up the stairwell…. I started going into different personalities of what’s going on… We have to find him,” said Stauch.

Stauch said her mind was in protective mode, because she thought someone was in the house and trying to hurt them. She said her personality named 'Maria' thought it was her step dad. “I gain absolutely nothing out of hurting a child,” said Stauch.

“They painted me as this monster,” said Letecia Stauch during her insanity evaluation. Stauch said she believed she was not okay and was going crazy. She said she had never been through hallucinations, but she believes she was in a psychosis and was going to wake up eventually.

Stauch at one point believed she could bring Gannon back from the dead. “I told my mom I completely lost it… They told me, ‘You had lost it, you can’t bring somebody back from the dead... You are crazy, and you need to go to a hospital.’”

Dr. Leondra Torres has resumed the witness stand. Prosecutors asked about Letecia Stauch reviewing Gannon’s autopsy. “I believe she said she had obsessed over it,” said Dr. Torres during her testimony.

Dr. Torres testified saying, “There were concerns about Mrs. Stauch’s credibility.”

During the forensic interview, Stauch said Gannon wasn’t killed on the afternoon of January 27. Instead, she said Gannon was killed after midnight that night, which was the 28th.

Dr. Torres talked about Stauch’s comments of seeing someone in the home who was wearing a cape, and her personality 'Maria' shooting them.
“It seems as though that’s what she’s trying to imply, because she talks about going into protection mode. Often times she references 'Maria' as the protector," said Dr. Torres who testified about Stauch claiming she switched personalities when the crime was committed.

Dr. Torres said if Stauch had dissociative identity disorder, she believes Stauch would have had a lack of understanding, awareness and memory of that point in time, and would have expected her to report more loss of memory, and not the small details.

Dr. Torres also said she reviewed the interview with Laina, Gannon’s younger sister. Dr. Torres said Laina did not mention being present or helping carry a body upstairs. At one point during the forensic interview, Stauch said about Laina, “it was very traumatic for her too.”

During the forensic interview, Stauch also alluded to how she wanted to take Gannon’s body from one place to another, so someone could bring him back to life.

Dr. Torres testified saying when Stauch reviewed Gannon’s autopsy, Stauch said they were not stab wounds on Gannon’s body, and instead, they were burns.

Nobody on the RA channel heard what Letecia blurted out the "No!" about that Dr. Torres said. Wait, someone just called in and said it was about...

"No, I never told her which one referring to the book."

I’ve just caught up on the last 15 pages or so. Today has been quite a ride. I guess we’re seeing the point when LS decided it was time to start laying down the insanity groundwork in the interviews? She was obviously a manic liar in earlier LE talks, but none of this clown show that’s happening now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper