CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stream is live. Jury not present.

Prosecution asking about notes that were 'lost', involving some kind of confession in faux-Latin? He's asking for confirmation about where these notes have gone or if they exist. Judge is going to question the witness about the notes when she arrives. Dr. Lewis is entering now.

Latin confession was gibberish and Prosecution is going to ask Dr. Lewis about it, and the actual notes were lost. They do not want her to pretend she has the notes if she doesn't have them. Waiting for the doctor to arrive back from lunch before they talk to her about this.

1683141305228.png

missing documents, including one in latin, allegedly which Lewis didn't see but heard tell of..

don't ask, mind boggles.

I understand why they've positioned Dr Lewis where they have, for reasons of accessibility, but the audio is just awful on the stream, it's so hard to make out anything she's saying. I think the jury can hear her fine, which is what's important, but it makes it incredibly difficult to follow as a listener outside the courtroom.

MOO

Who had “Lost Latin Confession” on their bingo card for today?
This whole case between the Google searches, the thousand and one lies, and Dr Lewis, I don't think anyone's going to get Bingo by the end. You couldn't write this as fiction with all of the elements, nobody would find it plausible.

MOO

I mean she made it to the building on time, can't have everything lol.
I think this time they might have had her sitting somewhere comfortable rather than loitering in the hallway. I heard the word 'sofa' at one point. But that could have been not related to her timing at all; I find her very hard to hear in her position in the courtroom.

MOO

Labeling behavior is also an abstract operation of the mind. Dr. Lewis's entire career (and this would be true of many scientists and doctors) involves the use of abstractions. Such as the concept of "mind" or "psyche" or the concepts held true inside psychiatry (where of course there is much debate over whose abstractions are correct).

So, Dr Lewis should be comfortable using "abstractions" as well known and universal as right and wrong.
^^rsbm

I guess I'm not understanding why Dr. Lewis intentionally ignores that in the legal world-- which is what counts (or should count) to an expert witness, that the test for defining right and wrong is NOT a subjective standard.

In Colorado, under the first prong, the defendant’s mental capacity to distinguish between right and wrong is measured against the societal standard of what is right and wrong.

Section 16-8-101.5 - Insanity defined - offenses committed on and after July 1, 1995 - definitions(1) The applicable test of insanity shall be:(a) A person who is so diseased or defective in mind at the time of the commission of the act as to be incapable of distinguishing right from wrong with respect to that act is not accountable; except that care should be taken not to confuse such mental disease or defect with moral obliquity, mental depravity, or passion growing out of anger, revenge, hatred, or other motives and kindred evil conditions, for, when the act is induced by any of these causes, the person is accountable to the law; or

Questions: 1.Did the Judge actually specify that someone was smoking WEED, or just smoking?
2. If I read correctly, he said this wasn't the first time, right? If so, it seems like it must have been someone significant/essential to the proceedings, because otherwise Judge would just make them leave, right? I

I realize it doesn't really matter:)
He said - paraphrasing - the courthouse has cametas EVERYWHERE in the building. This is addressed to everyone in the gallery. If you try to smoke in a stairwell, you WILL BE ON CAMERA. Even if you were caught on camera yesterday and told to stop, but you went to a different stairwell today, smoking is still not allowed. This his for tobacco or marijuana. There is no smoking at all in the courthouse. Does anyone in the gallery have any questions? They don't.

Imo - this trial has been going on for several weeks. To me, this infers that someone who just showed up yesterday was smoking and were amonished privately, but they decided to smoke in another area in the courthouse today - which was ALSO caught on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax