VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post and response were removed/off topic>

Dr Lewis gave no signs of knowing what psychosis actually is, and professes not to know how to assess the moral mental status of a patient (she could have asked questions!) She led the client (not a patient, clearly). She helped the client invent a personality. She tries to tell the Judge how to do discovery ("It's essential they be copied in color!") Further, DID is not a form of psychosis. There are a limited number of disorders that cause actual psychosis - she did not diagnose T. with ANY of them.

IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how any of that (Dr. L's license and LS's degree) can be brought up if the prosecution isn't presenting rebuttal witnesses. The DA can't just stand up and testify to stuff. He'd have to have witnesses.

I suspect LS does have a doctorate from Liberty. We haven't believed anything else Dr. L said...I'm not sure why we'd believe what she said about LS's degree. And honestly, I'm not at all sure what she did say. It sounded to me as though Dr. L was objecting to LS's degree as a purchased "computer degree." If LS has a doctorate from Liberty, obviously she earned it online. We know she didn't spend significant time in Lynchburg. Liberty caters to the military and offers the EdD degree she claims to have 100% online. She'd obviously have had to pay for the credits in some way so like any degree, it was purchased.
Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision | Liberty University

I suspect Dr. L simply doesn't believe in online degrees. It's not as though she appears to have kept up with current practices in education.
JMO
No, I realize this.

I could see LS changing her mind about testifying and telling the judge on Friday morning thinking the prosecution will not be prepared to question her because she said she wasn't going to. She can think she's playing a fast one on them. If only she knew, they'll be ready for her if she does that.
MOO
Can she do that after saying shes not going to?

So...I'm still stuck on Dr. Lewis first saying she had no documents but then remembers she has them a bit later.

Was that ever fully resolved? She had the right document, right?

I assume that the Judge decided to be lenient with her on the grounds that she's old. But didn't she basically lie on the stand? Will that come out only during closing? The jury doesn't know. Will they learn that she broke discovery rules?
I think the judge is internally seething and raging at the insult to his court, the jury, and the justice system; as well as to the psych and legal professions; BUT.... he's gritted his teeth and let it play out because he's going to make sure there's no mistrial even if it kills him. And he is easy in the knowledge that none of these antics have prejudiced the prosecution's case - far from it.

I'm not sure how any of that (Dr. L's license and LS's degree) can be brought up if the prosecution isn't presenting rebuttal witnesses. The DA can't just stand up and testify to stuff. He'd have to have witnesses.

I suspect LS does have a doctorate from Liberty. We haven't believed anything else Dr. L said...I'm not sure why we'd believe what she said about LS's degree. And honestly, I'm not at all sure what she did say. It sounded to me as though Dr. L was objecting to LS's degree as a purchased "computer degree." If LS has a doctorate from Liberty, obviously she earned it online. We know she didn't spend significant time in Lynchburg. Liberty caters to the military and offers the EdD degree she claims to have 100% online. She'd obviously have had to pay for the credits in some way so like any degree, it was purchased.
Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision | Liberty University

I suspect Dr. L simply doesn't believe in online degrees. It's not as though she appears to have kept up with current practices in education.
JMO
So Liberty ,in person or online ? Anyway we should have a huge running list of murderers who graced their ,threshold as a resource thread on WS. For informational purposes.

So.. it says she changed her plea to ngri and retained an expert from out of state on 2/11/2022 (doesn’t mention name). Oct 2022, defense withdraws mri and eeg, Yet, there is no documentation until Nov 2022 that they had first met thru video. This doesn’t seem kosher to me.
Remember when Tolini said they were going to use a “ mental health “ defense for only what she did AFTER the crime? But he reiterated that it was NOT a NGRI plea.

I hope as part of her punishment Letecia is forced to read each and every social media post from the trial, including here. And with no possibility of her being able to respond. ;)

A year from now we’ll still remember Gannon but Letecia will be a faded memory of that nasty woman with the greasy hair. Forgotten forever and good riddance!

I hope as part of her punishment Letecia is forced to read each and every social media post from the trial, including here. And with no possibility of her being able to respond. ;)

A year from now we’ll still remember Gannon but Letecia will be a faded memory of that nasty woman with the greasy hair. Forgotten forever and good riddance!
See , i think she needs no inspiration to light her fire,she has no imagination of her own. Not creative ,she is a succubus . She needs ,no letters, no news ,no nothing because she will suck every once of energy from it ..all moo..

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUP, goodness this defendant doesn't ever shut up does she? Not verbally or in written form. She's obnoxious as hell and a murderer.

Please just shut up!
She's going to be filing complaint after complaint like this for the rest of her decades of incarceration. Very glad she's in the US, where they will mostly ignore her and tell her where to stuff her complaints - and not in the UK where human rights lawyers would be queuing up to represent her in claims against the state.

Reading a few pages of LS's complaint per the tweet, I'm reminded of when she filed a federal civil rights complaint within days of introducing the insanity defense, and legal correspondents shrieked about clients that write letters to the Judge and file pro se complaints (without their knowledge)!

Although verbose (written as LS speaks), LS managed to articulate a rather thorough complaint complete with steps taken to remedy the situation before praying on the Court.

This is not the product of a subject with a mental disability that necessitates being housed and treated in a mental ward until she "recovers" and is eligible to seek release!

It's sad, actually, that the defense put on a medical expert that essentially promoted the notion that insanity can be flipped on and off on demand -- kind of like a doctor telling the subject they want to talk to alter x with the expectation the subject will simply 'flip the switch.' :( JMO
There you are. Good. I was going to tag you earlier when I was thinking about Tee changing her mind to testify. It’s not too late is it? The defense hasn’t rested so I think the only time she can’t change her mind is after she’s sworn as a witness. What’s your take? Btw, you are def the court expert in my opinion as far as the nitty gritties. Thanks for all your contributions. So appreciated.

To me, Letecia will always be an evil, child murderer with a greasy hair fort. A coward who picks on those smaller than her and refuses to face the consequences of her heinous actions. She took something so precious that she had no right to take. She didn’t deserve to even know those kids. I will forget about her as she rots away.

Gannon will forever be a sweet little boy who had so much to give. He had love in his heart even for the woman who would kill him. He was everything she will never be at only 11. I’ll remember him always.

I’ll also remember LH and Al and the strength and dignity they have shown through this circus of a trial. I will think of them, and hope they are doing well, despite their immeasurable loss.

Letecia is nothing, and she’ll remain nothing.

he was warned...
sadly almost as heedless as his client..
I’m convinced that WC is a smoker and he’s always late because he doesn’t allow enough time to go through Security.

I was at the Courthouse on 4/20 and when you come in the front entrance ( only entrance) you go through security just like at airports . Don’t have to remove your shoes but you have to line up and put your stuff in a plastic bin and walk through the scanner. I noticed that EVERYONE had to take off their belts.

One day I noticed him on the WebEx feed when it was time for afternoon break and they were all standing for the Jury and he looked all antsy and took off his belt and folded it.

I laughed and thought Ah, he’s going outside to smoke a cigarette ( or 10 cigarettes.)

No judgment on smokers- I just think that’s why he’s late so often.

JMO

To me, Letecia will always be an evil, child murderer with a greasy hair fort. A coward who picks on those smaller than her and refuses to face the consequences of her heinous actions. She took something so precious that she had no right to take. She didn’t deserve to even know those kids. I will forget about her as she rots away.

Gannon will forever be a sweet little boy who had so much to give. He had love in his heart even for the woman who would kill him. He was everything she will never be at only 11. I’ll remember him always.

I’ll also remember LH and Al and the strength and dignity they have shown through this circus of a trial. I will think of them, and hope they are doing well, despite their immeasurable loss.

Letecia is nothing, and she’ll remain nothing.
In all honesty , I will remember Gannon ,and Al but the details of this trial will fade ,I convicted her in my mind after I saw what a fair trial she had an I am thankful to our justice system in this case. I am giving T zero thoughts of any consideration a human should receive . I regret that not all humans that share her fate deserve the one I wish for her. Thats why it is so important that the public have this interest ,without it means we accept injustices willfully or are willing to be told what justice is without merit ..imo..

Last edited:
So...I'm still stuck on Dr. Lewis first saying she had no documents but then remembers she has them a bit later.

Was that ever fully resolved? She had the right document, right?

I assume that the Judge decided to be lenient with her on the grounds that she's old. But didn't she basically lie on the stand? Will that come out only during closing? The jury doesn't know. Will they learn that she broke discovery rules?

I really don't think Dr. Lewis's age had anything to do with Judge Werner's reaction toward her -- this was all about ensuring LS received a fair trial under his watch. Having watched several of the pretrial status hearings via WebEx, the Court clearly used its discretion in favor of the defense several times -- especially on the subject of Discovery!

For example, one doesn't have to travel far from El Paso to Chaffee County to see the disparity between both the motions and rulings on the subject of Discovery (violations) pursuant to Colorado Crim Procedures, Rule 16, governing Discovery!

In this case, when the Court still had not received Dr. Lewis's expert witness report within a week of the scheduled trial, the Court even asked the prosecution if they wanted to delay the trial. To this, DA Allen responded he did not want the trial delayed, and his experts (Drs Torres and Gray) would not be called to testify until the end of the trial --giving the state a breath of room to review the Dr.'s missing report.

(Records show Dr. Lewis's skinny report was filed only 4 days before trial)!

I dunno, but from questions put to Dr. Lewis during the trial -- I sure got the feeling that the prosecution is questioning where the report filed with the Court actually came from! MOO

At the entry of the not guilty plea, the court shall set a deadline for such disclosure. In no case shall such disclosure be less than 35 days before trial for a felony trial, or 7 days before trial for a non-felony trial, except for good cause shown.

I’m convinced that WC is a smoker and he’s always late because he doesn’t allow enough time to go through Security.

I was at the Courthouse on 4/20 and when you come in the front entrance ( only entrance) you go through security just like at airports . Don’t have to remove your shoes but you have to line up and put your stuff in a plastic bin and walk through the scanner. I noticed that EVERYONE had to take off their belts.

One day I noticed him on the WebEx feed when it was time for afternoon break and they were all standing for the Jury and he looked all antsy and took off his belt and folded it.

I laughed and thought Ah, he’s going outside to smoke a cigarette ( or 10 cigarettes.)

No judgment on smokers- I just think that’s why he’s late so often.

JMO
I also saw that belt episode and wondered... (didn't think it was about a big lunch)! ;)

I really don't think Dr. Lewis's age had anything to do with Judge Werner's reaction toward her -- this was all about ensuring LS received a fair trial under his watch. Having watched several of the pretrial status hearings via WebEx, the Court clearly used its discretion in favor of the defense several times -- especially on the subject of Discovery!

For example, one doesn't have to travel far from El Paso to Chaffee County to see the disparity between both the motions and rulings on the subject of Discovery (violations) pursuant to Colorado Crim Procedures, Rule 16, governing Discovery!

In this case, when the Court still had not received Dr. Lewis's expert witness report within a week of the scheduled trial, the Court even asked the prosecution if they wanted to delay the trial. To this, DA Allen responded he did not want the trial delayed, and his experts (Drs Torres and Gray) would not be called to testify until the end of the trial --giving the state a breath of room to review the Dr.'s missing report.

(Records show Dr. Lewis's skinny report was filed only 4 days before trial)!

I dunno, but from questions put to Dr. Lewis during the trial -- I sure got the feeling that the prosecution is questioning where the report filed with the Court actually came from! MOO

At the entry of the not guilty plea, the court shall set a deadline for such disclosure. In no case shall such disclosure be less than 35 days before trial for a felony trial, or 7 days before trial for a non-felony trial, except for good cause shown.
The extra person in the interview Nov 22 ? The whole unofficial ,assistant ?
I am not a lawyer but all that was looking like a Hollywood impeachment ?
Do i just watch to much TV or did he decided not to act on all of the..Was Jr at risk for a side trip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep