VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am relieved for Gannon's family that she is not testifying. To have her spin and spew her lies again would be an afront to them. Dr. Lewis and her full throttle defense of LS was more than any family should have to take. I was going to scream if she said that LS loved Gannon as a reason that she had to be insane one more time. I kept feeling like I was going to puke at how deferential she was to LS. She did not do a forensic evaluation at all. Thank goodness other people did to refute her junk science work.
Her little pet pronunciation of the killer's name.

Le Tee see A
URGGGH

One of the things that has really stuck out for me regarding the the defence, is their indifference (at best) towards Gannon. The 11 year old boy who was brutally murdered by his step mother.

There's been so much victim-blaming and oh, poor Leticia, that I'm extremely upset at their lack of acknowledgement of the suffering Gannon was put through. That he didn't deserve this happening to him.

If non-insane Leticia had loved Gannon as much as she claims, why isn't she crying, ashamed, remorseful and beside herself with grief over the loss of her step son, and the actions she committed while having her alleged psychotic break?

I truly hope that the prosecution will bring the focus back on the true victim of this heinous crime. Gannon. That poor innocent boy needs someone to speak up for him and passionately. The jury needs to be reminded that Leticia knew what she was doing before during and after the crime. All of her actions were aimed at covering up her responsibility for the murder.

Her NGRI plea is just more of her usual manipulation and lies, but with higher stakes involved.

I hope that the jury will finally find her accountable for the unforgivable acts of violence she committed.

She'll be rotting in prison soon enough.
I realised half way through the unintelligible afternoon that I don't actually care where she rots. It doesn't matter whether jury find her guilty but insane or guilty and sane, she will be away for a very long time because she has zero impulse control and no way on earth will she be able to fool another authority.
She is over.
My question is whether a verdict will bring catharsis for Gannon's family, particularly his mother.

I think the witness took care of that herself tbf.
But at what cost. What a nightmare. I don't know if Gannon's family managed to sit though both days of Dr Lewis's testimony, but there were a few moments I seriously considered closing the stream and walking away, as close as we are to the end, though I want to see it through, because I worried it was seriously impacting my own health. I can't even begin to imagine what that woman put them through, and I'm not talking about LS in this instance.

Cruel, just too cruel, from start to finish.

MOO

Patiently waiting for the juror questions to be revealed.

In the meantime, my impression of the last two days of Dr Lewis?
She is juiced. Totaled. Never to go public again. No more HBO doc series. No more books. Way to go doc, and sonny boy. Hope it was worth the 3(50)an hour...

I realised half way through the unintelligible afternoon that I don't actually care where she rots. It doesn't matter whether jury find her guilty but insane or guilty and sane, she will be away for a very long time because she has zero impulse control and no way on earth will she be able to fool another authority.
She is over.
My question is whether a verdict will bring catharsis for Gannon's family, particularly his mother.

I truly worry about her ability to get out, though (like that guy in Canada who chopped off a fellow traveler's head, on a bus - served a very brief sentence before he was stabilized and released on anti-psychotics).

She's a con artist and was able to charm AS and LH, well enough that they thought she'd be an okay parenting figure for their kids. She will do the same at the mental hospital.

And after a while, she'll get out. IMO. There's no determined sentence with the NGRI - she's not guilty, at that point, and when she's no longer "insane," she gets to walk. She's capable of playing that long game and being a model prisoner. IMO.

I hope both of Gannon's parents are pleased with a Guilty verdict. I really hope that's what happens.

IMO.

I don't think I will be able to believe LS will not take the stand until I hear the defense say they rest and I haven't seen her up there. She has all night and all day Thursday and all night Thursday to change her mind and create a list of questions for her lawyers to ask her. She is just idiotic enough to think she, in a child like persona, can double speak answers to the prosecution and prove to the jury she is insane now as she was then. She's not above trying to pull one last fast one.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I just randomly thought... They never did find Gannon's precious Switch, did they? Where do you think T ditched that?
I believe it was found in the home at a later time, but I don't have a link to hand. Perhaps someone else has one? EDIT: Found it, posted link to my notes on that part of testimony down thread.

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members