CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch is brought in for the jury and I anticipate that lunch will be around noon. Time now is 11:11 am MT.

moo
More than one group of jurors have been honestly delayed by not wanting to make a decision on an empty stomach… maybe not everyone took breakfast at home.

do we know if any juror is Hispanic? Wondering what they made of “Maria” if so…

Just a random question while we wait….
Why was T sitting away from the defense table when the trial started?

Removing all emotion from this trial - was there any weak point in the state's case that the jury could agonize over?
The only thing I can POSSIBLY think of is that the state’s witnesses weren’t experts on DID. And I don’t really personally feel that’s much of a weak point, because the witnesses IMO still came off as credible and knowing their stuff.

I’m wondering if maybe they just had so much trouble following Dr. L’s testimony that they feel like they have to take a closer look at it to make sure they understand what points she was even trying to make. They might feel that it wouldn’t be fair to decide on a verdict until they actually understand the defense’s side and can compare the points made with the state’s points.

MOO

i think it's likely to be a long one .
For one thing lewis would have switched them all off, even their notes wouldn't make any sense..
Now they're wedged.
Maybe they should have been made aware they would not be receiving her reports
they would have been dishonest gibberish in any case..

I couldn't tell you a single word she said..
I HATED her as much if not more than I hate Leticia...
My mind will not respond to someone like that.. it goes off somewhere by itself.
(I didn't try either, tho')
Rbbm

For sure T's mind went off somewhere in her head.

And that's just it. It's not insane

It's a coping mechanism.

The defense confused its own issue. She was psychotic so she attacked her demons.
Couldn't accept what she'd done. So she went psychotic.

She was desperate, resentful, hateful. She had a plan. That didn't go according to plan.

And then covered it up.

She has a value system. And she operated within it.

Sane.

Just revolting.

Last edited:
Regarding Mr. Hinckley, who was found NGRI, he is now considered recovered.

For a refresher in 1981, Hinckley attempted to assassinate the president. He was found not guilty of attempted murder by reason of insanity. Hinckley then spent 30 years in a psychiatric facility. He was released under restrictions in 2016 and has been living in Virginia since then. On Jun15th 2022 he was unconditionally released and tweeted “After 41 years 2 months and 15 days, FREEDOM AT LAST!!!” Hinckley tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

My guess is most are clueless about this development, he has a YouTube channel with 29,000 subscribers. He has made quite a bit of news here in Virginia for years. Recently had a sold-out concert that ended up cancelled. If Hinckley has his fans, 29000 (?) Surely Letecia could. It is only a matter of time. Wouldn’t Letecia love that…. UGH.

I was clueless… thanks very much.

of course, it does seem to me like having 30 years to rehabilitate from one freakish act is possible.

he’s not a predator who needs a regular fix, like many recidivists.

Can the jury convict her of lesser charges - i.e. 2nd degree murder instead of 1st degree? If so, maybe that’s what the hold up is?
It's not really a hold up at this stage.
They only started this morning.
They have a lot of evidence to get through, 700 pieces <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
More than one group of jurors have been honestly delayed by not wanting to make a decision on an empty stomach… maybe not everyone took breakfast at home.

do we know if any juror is Hispanic? Wondering what they made of “Maria” if so…
imo, unknown. Additionally, one of the jurors (female) was released. Perhaps someone else may know. moo

On April, 3, 2023, 18-person jury has been selected, consists of 11 men, seven women.

Six of these jurors will be deemed alternates once evidence and testimony is concluded.

Rbbm

For sure T's mind went off somewhere in her head.

And that's just it. It's not insane

It's a coping mechanism.

The defense confused its own issue. Psychosis starting from...
Couldn't accept what she'd done.

She was desperate, resentful, hateful. She had a plan. That didn't go according to plan.

And then covered it up.

She has a value system. And she operated within it.

Sane.

Just revolting.
Yesss Megnut you articulated perfectly something I couldn’t

Support for #GannonStauch outside the courtroom continues to grow. Kristie Radke, a Colorado Springs resident, is handing out blue ribbons saying “Hope.” Another gentleman is handing out stickers in Gannon’s remembrance. The jury is still deliberating.

When is the last time we’ve seen something like this? Honestly I can’t remember any cases where there was so much support outside of court

I don't think the hours of deliberation counts are accurate. We aren't counting meals, breaks, time spent moving/reviewing evidence, electing a foreperson, going over the charges and paperwork, etc. I know they were sent back over 6 hours ago but they actually maybe have only been deliberating for half that time. We just don't know what is going on in that room.

It's not really a hold up at this stage.
They only started this morning.
They have a lot of evidence to get through, 700 pieces and they also have been forced to consider the insane narcissistic ravings of a woman who refused to either answer a direct question, clarify a point, explain what she was saying, her thoughts were neither coherent nor flowing, she had done zero prep work, couldn't be bothered to show up on time and didn't apologise, and she was the shrink whose 'evidence' they are now forced to consider.
She presented no evidence at all.
Her testimony was the equivalent of somebody standing up in front of a crowd, taking a very large book in ancient Chinese dialect, turn it upside down and flick all the pages several times.

That's what happened in there.
We should have anticipated this problem and I asked myself why I did not and I just realised I had mentally zapped her, denied she had happened.
we didn't even want to talk about her.
There was nothing apart from her egregious behaviour to latch on to.

It was far easier to understand Leticia.

( if I was a juror, I would just disregard her entire presence. If they do not we'll be here for 6 months.)
If they do decide the go through the minutae of her interviews/stories/lies, at some point the jury will realise 'forget this' and look at her completely sane, rational and self serving behaviour (cover up and deflection) before and after she murdered Gannon in cold blood. And come to the correct conclusion. MOO

I don't think the hours of deliberation counts are accurate. We aren't counting meals, breaks, time spent moving/reviewing evidence, electing a foreperson, going over the charges and paperwork, etc. I know they were sent back over 6 hours ago but they actually maybe have only been deliberating for half that time. We just don't know what is going on in that room.
Good point, they can only deliberate when all are in the room right? So toilet breaks and so forth. MOO

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member