GUILTY CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the criminal court system, while there are many notable differences between prosecutions in State District Court and being prosecuted in US District or the Federal Court system, one thing that remains the same is that the decision for the placement of the convicted respectfully rests with either the State Department of Corrections (DOC) or the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BPO).

For example, in the federal system, sentencing is not immediate upon conviction but is delayed subject to the Court receiving a presentence investigation report (PIR) by a probation officer to assist the Judge in determining an appropriate sentence. On the date of sentencing, a
Judge sentences a defendant “to the custody of the attorney general.

That means the person is being transferred from the judicial branch of government to the executive branch of government. The attorney general oversees the Bureau of Prisons, and the Bureau of Prisons has ultimate discretion on where a person serves the sentence.

Although a defendant may request a specific institution, and the judge may recommend a specific institution, the Bureau of Prisons is not bound to follow the judge’s recommendation.

In the case of LS, Judge Werner, a State District Court Judge, sentenced the defendant to the Department of Corrections (DOC) but rejected the defense's request to recommend LS be housed at the medical prison ward known as San Carlos.

As a convicted Colorado inmate, LS will leave the county jail for the Women's Department of Corrections Reception Facility in Denver where she will be evaluated, assessed, and assigned a security classification, and DOC will determine the facility that best matches her level of risk and other needs.

Although the idea of a recommendation by Judge Werner might have made LS feel better, it certainly wouldn't have helped her cause for preferred placement.

IME, Colorado isn't a state where the Court delays imposing the sentence subject to receipt of a presentencing investigation report (PIR) such as what happens in the federal court system, and therefore really has no legitimate basis to make a recommendation.

However, there are indeed some State Courts that delay the sentencing of newly convicted defendants for a PIR by probation including my recent experience in Iowa. But it's also not been my experience with an Iowa judge wanting to make a recommendation on an inmate's placement in DOC. JMO

I read that whole piece with the voice of Law & Order SVU.
Thank you for this information, Seattle.

COLORADO SPRINGS— People are organizing a candlelight vigil this Friday 5/12 in Gannon Stauch's honor. Organizers say to meet in Lorson Ranch, where Gannon was murdered.

People are welcome to meet at 7 p.m. on the corner of Lorson Boulevard and Wando Drive. The group will then walk to the nearby bridge to release lanterns. Candles and lanterns will be provided.

Many in the neighborhood have been showing their support for the family throughout the trial.
[…]

I didn't get to see the stream of yesterday's court proceedings until today, and I cried so hard! It's not easy to explain to those in my every-day life about the cases and people who touch my heart, but I know you all understand.
I felt such strength and love eminating from Gannon's family and community, it was beautiful! And it outshone the abyss surrounding that monster, with her deceit and devoid eyes.
I'm usually just a lurker, but I want to thank all of you for posting and researching and always caring! I am ever grateful for the WS community ❤
It's really nice to see you here, a warm welcome to you.

I will never forget Gannon, and I will always think of him. There's a little place in my mind and heart that is reserved for him. I find great peace in the knowledge that Letecia will never leave prison, and I hope Gannon's family have that too. I do believe that, one day, whether on this earth or somewhere else, she will face the true consequences of her actions. I will carry the memory of Gannon's strength and love forward. The little boy who fought so hard to live, and whose only "crime" was loving his momma so much. I know he's at peace, I just wish he were still with his parents and siblings.

I will still be around WS. There are a few cases I have been following but haven't felt brave enough to jump into the threads for. Maybe I need some of Gannon's courage. The Idaho 4 is the main one on my radar at the moment, so I'm sure I'll see some of you there. I'm also quite invested in the Delphi case, but at this point, I need a break from child cases.

Gannon strong ❤

Speaking on the severity of the crime ahead of passing the sentence, Werner said "I can, however, say, without hesitation, that the facts in this case are the most horrific I have ever seen. Your conduct within this case demands the maximum punishment that I can impose under Colorado law."

Stauch was charged with first-degree murder, first-degree murder of a child under 12 by someone in a position of trust, tampering with a deceased human body, and tampering with physical evidence.

The judge issued a message to the child's parents, Al Stauch and Landen Hiott (who also goes by the name Landen Bullard): "I cannot fathom the pain Mr. Stauch and Ms. Bullard have experienced as a result of the defendant's actions.

Gosh, try as I might, I can not stop thinking about our boy Gannon! The absolute thing I cannot get out of my head is the "pinky promise" video. I wish to God I had never seen it.
I was able to finally get a good night of sleep however knowing that Judge Werner sentenced her to lwop!

Last edited:
A RAINBOW FROM GANNON! One on One w/ Gannon Stauch's parents, Letecia's reaction #GannonStauch #AlStauch #LandenBullard #parents #LeteciaStauch #LeteciaStauchTrial #LeteciaStauchverdict #rainbow #GannonStrong #GannonsArmy

Interviews with Al Stauch, Gannon’s father.

We're also talking to Al Stauch, Gannon's father. He said he wasn't able to sleep much last night, but he's looking forward to "moving forward, but never moving on."

We’re speaking with Landen Bullard, Gannon Stauch’s mom, the day after her and her family got justice for their 11-year-old boy.

Landen Bullard, Gannon Stauch's mom: "I slept a little later and slept great. I felt relief. I felt peace. I walked outside and thought, what am I going to do now? I'm very thankful for the first time in more than three years to have that feeling.”

Bullard: "The whole timeline. The only thing I picture is Gannon running out of the car trying to go to his safe place, to his bed and hiding under his covers. That's what I see... It just bothers me having that sequence happen, that's a hard pain."

LS is only 39 yrs old and her life is over. She's the property of the Department of Corrections that will be responsible for her needs for the remainder of her life.

The fact that LS showed absolutely no emotion (or remorse) during the five weeks of testimony and evidence -- and especially during the impact statements when men on both sides were shedding tears, is just more evidence solidifying how dangerous LS is, and that she is where she needs to be. Gannon was just a little boy...

There's comfort in knowing she will never have the opportunity to harm another family ever again.

Frequently checking the CDOC to see if she is lodged yet. Currently nothing showing for her and also wonder if they will interstate her.
The fact that the last thing she had to say in court was to request a mental health prison.
IMO she is deathly afraid of real prison because she knows the hell on earth she will face.
I believe we have not heard the last of her, I believe she will continue manipulating, using violence, plotting and planning and of course her rights being violated in some form to get to a mental health facility.
IMO, I believe she sees the mental health facilities as an easy escape all. Escape reality, escape punishments that prisoners of hee type may receive etc.
I also cringe at typing this but IMO I believe she will taunt the families of Gannon and use her daughter.
I hope I am wrong but IMO I just do t think we’ve heard the last of her.

Frequently checking the CDOC to see if she is lodged yet. Currently nothing showing for her and also wonder if they will interstate her.
The fact that the last thing she had to say in court was to request a mental health prison.
IMO she is deathly afraid of real prison because she knows the hell on earth she will face.
I believe we have not heard the last of her, I believe she will continue manipulating, using violence, plotting and planning and of course her rights being violated in some form to get to a mental health facility.
IMO, I believe she sees the mental health facilities as an easy escape all. Escape reality, escape punishments that prisoners of hee type may receive etc.
I also cringe at typing this but IMO I believe she will taunt the families of Gannon and use her daughter.
I think you're right. She's too self-obsessed to have a change of heart for the better.

She'll be like a mafia "don" in prison--and at some point, she'll convince an inmate who's about to get out to do some revenge dirty work for her.

I hope not, but I can see her doing something like that.

I just heard Tolini tell Court TV that she's still in EPCJ, and as the most hated inmate in Colorado, I also wondered if Colorado DOC would trade her out (interstate her) as they did with Chris Watts.

We know that Wisconsin DOC is receptive but I have no idea about their capacity for female inmates.

I didn't realize when I was watching/listening on Monday, but she is smirking - isn't she? :mad:
Could be. Have a look at her interaction with defense just after this when judge says he's going to take ten minutes before sentencing. She smiles and laughs. After the impact statements and verdict. MOO

ETA, you'll have to look on one of the live feeds, not shown in the law and crime report above.

I've been thinking about Gannon and how he wanted to be a youtuber (my little boy does too with that damn Roblox ha) and I hope that somewhere in the peaceful place that he now is, he knows just how loved he is and how he's in the hearts of people from all over the world.

I'm lurking in a lot of threads on here, this case is the one that I just had to comment on. We have a huge trial going on right now here in England, the Lucy Letby trial which is very difficult and very technical... Ofc I am too following the Idaho 4 and waiting for the court thing of Kohberger

I didn't realize when I was watching/listening on Monday, but she is smirking - isn't she? :mad:
I noticed when Al is sobbing and says “ why couldn’t you just let him be a Mama’s boy” that she furrows her brow and acts like she is thinking “ what? That’s ridiculous “.
She wanted to laugh imo.

Despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members