CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 31s31 seconds ago
#theatershooting saw therapy dogs here in the court house for the jurors.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I love this gesture...There's nothing like a puppy/ dog to soothe the soul IMO :loveyou:

The Gold Patrol[emoji768] ‏@thegoldpatrol 31s31 seconds ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I love this gesture...There's nothing like a puppy/ dog to soothe the soul IMO :loveyou:

Awww yes! Puppy love is so helpful when you are upset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never heard a defense complaining about closing statements!!!! Have you guys ever heard anything like this?

I think I have seen defense in previous case merely object to throw off the timing for the prosecution. The timeline for closing statement NOW is thrown off to be able to get in the one hour and 30 minutes that was supposed to have been completed prior to lunch Now, it appears it MAY have to be broken up.

:waiting:

Is it likely these slides will contain distressing photos from the crime scene?

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol 31s31 seconds ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love that gesture as well---BUT I would hope they could visit with the victims who want to witness the closing---
wondering if the puppies are those goldens....one of my DD wants another golden really really bad (look out bunny )

Is it likely these slides will contain distressing photos from the crime scene?

I don't think overly distressing--but then again Juan Martinez showed Travis Alexander graphic pictures as often as possible to make sure everyone on jury understood the crime --- but on the good side we really don't get to see exhibits real clear XO

The verdict forms sound confusing. I suppose they will be easier to understand if you are reading them to yourself.

Hello Everyone. Found time to check in.

I wanted to reply to this post because the jury instructions are very confusing to me in all DP cases. I really wish there was some extra help given to the jury in an informal setting before they deliberate.

I think many jurors get confused and I think what would really help is to have a process where a non-bias lawyer who is hired by the court could sit down with the jurors for as long as they need and go through any questions they have in an informal way.

Everything is too formal and there is not enough time to digest these tough instructions. And what I think happens is people are afraid to come across dumb and I am betting that many jurors go into deliberations not fully understanding the instructions but nobody wants to say anything or send a question to the judge because they are embarrassed.

Anyway i just wanted to chime in. I think it would be very helpful if the courts added a jury instruction training session before deliberations. At least for serious cases like this maybe.

I dont have a lot of time today but will check in from time to time.
Thanks everyone for being here and posting all the updates.

Therapy dogs for the jury?? I doubt it....more likely for the victims and families.

If King was shocked by GB's closing, wonder what he would've thought about Martinez's closing in first arias trial? He said that "all the defense experts subscribed to the Alyce LaViolette school of lying"!!! LOL

It's opinions. I will not be shocked by what King brings to his closing! He will lay down a pile of manure! IMO

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 12m12 minutes ago
When #TheaterShooting judge read counts including names of 12 killed, surviving family members wept in courtroom bbm

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 13m13 minutes ago
As #TheaterShooting judge read juror instructions, it took him 3 min 20 seconds to read each count for 70 injured.

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall · 14m14 minutes ago
About to start #TheaterShooting closing statements after judge considers objections by defense to what @GeorgeBrauchler plans to say/show

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 15m15 minutes ago
#theatershooting saw therapy dogs here in the court house for the jurors

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 18m18 minutes ago
Its generally not allowed to diss defense experts as hired guns because how else can defense proceed without hiring. #Theatershooting

I don't think overly distressing--but then again Juan Martinez showed Travis Alexander graphic pictures as often as possible to make sure everyone on jury understood the crime --- but on the good side we really don't get to see exhibits real clear XO

That is a small blessing. I know the jury needs to remember these images. It's very important that they remember the terrible events of that night. If they start to show these images I can just listen and not look.

Therapy dogs for the jury?? I doubt it....more likely for the victims and families.

Either way..I think it's a wonderful idea...There's apparently an overflow room for the victims and will be rotating into the courtroom...so no reason those victims in that separate room couldn't be consoled by a therapy pup or dog!!!!!

Brauchler: "When I put quotes, I put quotes, and unlike Dr. Gur, when I put quotes they are real, that's actually what was said or what came out of the discovery."

I had to rewind and get this quote down. I cheered for him when he said this. :)

If the judge comes back and says he agrees to the defence objections what will happen next? How will GB be able to take the offending items out of his closing argument that quickly?

If King has been surprised with this PowerPoint at the last minute he sure found lots of case law quickly to back up his argument!

I wonder how much the other def. attys. may have inflamed Mr. K and may have gone on & on & on & on & on & on -- maybe one of them may have been still reeling about her epic fail yesterday...

Brauchler: "When I put quotes, I put quotes, and unlike Dr. Gur, when I put quotes they are real, that's actually what was said or what came out of the discovery."

I had to rewind and get this quote down. I cheered for him when he said this. :)

didn't you just love that line!!!! I'm up in my room--windows open and I just blurted out "burn"---:blushing: It was great!

a minute ago

Waiting now for court to resume. Judge was asked to consider objections to the slides DA Brauchler plans to use.Phil Tenser

I wonder how much the other def. attys. may have inflamed Mr. K and may have gone on & on & on & on & on & on -- maybe one of them may have been still reeling about her epic fail yesterday...

Listening to Kings objection over GB closing and I'm about to gag---Yes his client was deceitful---I'm just tired of them pretending that the shooter is innocent of all because mental illness...

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 1m1 minute ago
Reporters @7Marshall & @MarcKMGH are both in the courtroom for us during #TheaterShooting closings. They’ll tweet observations during breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove