CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge is on the bench. Greeted the court

If my eyes are seeing correctly, Holmes has had a haircut, is wearing glasses

Holmes appears to be wearing a white or very light tan shirt. Slight beard stubble.

8c31603f-6f66-4e29-b321-4203d772cba6_800.jpg

http://images.scribblelive.com/2015/4/27/8c31603f-6f66-4e29-b321-4203d772cba6_800.jpg

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
If you have any legal questions about the #JamesHolmes trial you can ask our WAT attorney at the courthouse @RyanKernsEsq

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 9s10 seconds ago
Judge Samour going over jury instructions. Judge is originally from El Salvador. He came to America as a teenager. #JamesHolmes

You can see the defendant in the corner of the image from the courtroom. The judge allowed him to wear street clothes instead of a jail jumpsuit, but he is restrained under the desk

Likes0

7NEWS

I kept looking at the table to the right for the shooter, assuming courtroom setup was same as JA trial. It's reversed; defense is to the left, prosecution to the right.

You can see the defendant in the corner of the image from the courtroom. The judge allowed him to wear street clothes instead of a jail jumpsuit, but he is restrained under the desk

Likes0

7NEWS
Actually it is the defendant's constitutional right to wear street clothes. Not up to judge.

The only time a defendant wears prison garb in presence of jury (as Jodi did during her sentencing hearing) is after he/she is found guilty by such jury. i.e. sentencing.

c74890e1-e75d-4550-95cb-a2ca419c4f1d_800.png

About District Court Judge Carlos Samour: Appointed to the court in 2006, he took the bench in 2007 and is in the midst of a term that lasts until 2016. He became the chief judge for the Eighteenth Judicial District Court upon the retirement of Judge William Sylvester on July 1, 2014 (Judge Sylvester originally oversaw the Holmes trial, but was replaced by Samour). Samour received his undergraduate degree in psychology, graduating with honors, from the University of Colorado at Denver. He was awarded his J.D. degree from the University of Denver.

images.scribblelive.com/2015/4/27/8c31603f-6f66-4e29-b321-4203d772cba6_800.jpg

Denver channel is having legal experts now, other streams are showing the judge instructing the jury.
Judge says the jurors may ask questions of witnesses!

Actually it is the defendant's constitutional right to wear street clothes. Not up to judge.

don't shoot the messenger:D lol it was their tweet.....websleuthers always know more than reporters :D

Doesn't look like the defense has the shooter's chair cranked down to make him appear smaller, like JA's team did for her.

FYI, the 9News link I provided earlier doesn't have the newsroom commentary; it's straight up courtroom camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela