Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Stewart KMGH
@MarcKMGH

For the first time in trial @GeorgeBrauchler questions witness, survivor Joshua Nowlan #theatershooting @DenverChannel

Witness Joshua Nowlan said he has a movie pass that let's him go to movies for free because he works for an advertising company that works with theater chains. Had previously gone to many movies at Century 16.

Likes0

anica.padilla

Witness Joshua Nowlan said he was willing to pay for tickets to the premier because, "I grew up to be a real big super hero type person. I love comics."

Likes0

anica.padilla

Witness Joshua Nowlan said he attended with Brandon and Denise Axelrod, who had just returned from their honeymoon that day.

Likes0

anica.padilla

Witness Joshua Nowlan on how he chose a seat: "Once we saw an opening we ran to it before anyone else could grab it."

Likes0

anica.padilla

I am not familiar with new theatres and how they control the showing of the movie.

I wonder if nobody was up in the control room for that theatre to know what was going on. Because I have always wondered why nobody turned on the lights sooner.

That has always bothered me. My understanding is the movie kept playing and the lights were not turned on until after police had arrived and maybe already even arrested him.

I think it could have saved lives if the lights had been turned on immediately and movie stopped immediately when the shooting started.

So I do wonder about the control room and if there was somebody even monitoring that theatre at the time.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and not trying to blame the theatre. Just thinking that in future they may want to make changes to be sure each theatre is monitored during viewing.

But turning on the lights could have highlighted where people were, allowing him to shoot them easier? Just my thinking on that...

Or did he have night vision capability??

how much have i missed today so far? this trial really isn't fitting into my schedule...how inconvenient. :laugh:

ColdPizza - Is below acceptable format for you?

Option #1
Jen's Trial Diaries

Joshua Nowlan had perks of getting free movie passes

Option #2
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 4m4 minutes ago

Joshua Nowlan had perks of getting free movie passes #JamesHolmes

next to him was brandon, next to brandon was denise.....shows where on diagram

Talking about the judge's voice...I love Brauchler's voice! I didn't listen to the opening statement, so my first time hearing it!

I bet people love listening to him :blushing:

And I will also add my sentiment that I realize this is a very serious, tragic matter. I meant no disrespect yesterday with one of my posts, though it was obviously taken that way.

Witness Joshua Nowlan on what it was like during the previews: "We were very excited."

Likes0

anica.padilla

Witness Joshua Nowlan said one guy, a bigger gentleman, seem a little over-excited and stood up and yelled "Yeah!" when the movie started.

Likes0

anica.padilla

fyi....tweets are from denver channel feed along with others they list......
Anica PadillaVerified account
@AnicaPadilla

Emmy-winning TV News producer gone digital. Making the best of bad news since 2004. All tweets put here by ancient aliens.
Denver
thedenverchannel.com

994dbcae-5119-45b8-bcb2-85e361644046_800.jpg

You'll probably remember this photo of Joshua Nowlan being visited in the hospital by actor Christian Bale
Phil Tenser tweet

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago

Nowlan knew how 2 get best seats, he arrived early. He got the upper middle seating...yeah those r the best

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago

#JamesHolmes #theatershooting
Remembers seeing the Hobbit trailer and was excited to see that. Man was overly excited.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago

Response to the man, some followed along. Movie started. Watched movie. Within 15-20 min it started

how much have i missed today so far? this trial really isn't fitting into my schedule...how inconvenient. :laugh:

A couple of police officers...and this is the first witness who was in the theater for the day.

Witness Joshua Nowlan also said he initially thought the gas canister was a prank.

Likes0

anica.padilla

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 52s53 seconds ago

They grabbed Denise and hid behind seats. Knew running would be too exposed, a “turkey shoot"

Anica Padilla
@AnicaPadilla

#TheaterShooting trial: Hearing from Joshua Nowlan now. He was shot in arm and abdomen trying to shield his friends.bit.ly/theatertrial

Witness Joshua Nowlan: "Once I heard the shotgun go off, the sound was very familiar [from his experience in the military]."

Likes0

anica.padilla

Witness Joshua Nowlan said he thought it would be a "turkey shoot" if they tried to run for the exit.

Likes0

anica.padilla

Marc Stewart KMGH
@MarcKMGH

Survivor Josh Newlan knew he was hearing gunshots. Grabbed his friend's wife. Covered her. #theatershooting @DenverChannel

Witness Joshua Nowlan said he and Brandon grabbed Denise to shield her with their bodies.

Likes0

anica.padilla

now demonstrating how they blocked denise

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 3s4 seconds ago
L arm on top of her, R arm to hold himself up. Wore shorts/T-Shirt. Denise had sweater on top of shirt/Jeans

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 11s11 seconds ago
#JamesHolmes #theatershooting Brandon in t-shirt/shorts.

a few seconds ago
Witness Joshua Nowlan: "Once the shooting began, the screams started and from the time I left and got to the hospital the screams never ended."

Likes0

anica.padilla

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 21s21 seconds ago
He heard screams everywhere from all around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member