CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this same jury decide the sentence? Might as well get all my questions out while the jury are busy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose there are many reasons why a defendant wouldn't want to be in court. Fear, or maybe aggressive and can't be trusted or simply misbehaving! It's good to know justice would still be served - with or without their presence.

I remember watching the Casey Anthony trial and one of the proceedings she didn't want to appear--the Judge said she will be here and fetch her---she came in jail attire.
There are some that have been convicted with they defendant is running from the law

I remember watching the Casey Anthony trial and one of the proceedings she didn't want to appear--the Judge said she will be here and fetch her---she came in jail attire.
There are some that have been convicted with they defendant is running from the law

Interesting! I can imagine judges being very strict when people refuse to appear!

Does this same jury decide the sentence? Might as well get all my questions out while the jury are busy :)

I think they get to choose life or death---the Judge is final vote

I Jodi Arias the juries (both) couldn't decide together if she should die or LWOP---eventually it was ruled "mistrial" and the Judge sentenced her to LWOP--(since they couldn't decide on death )

There is a case going on in my State where they will be deciding life or death--(cop killer)-penalty phase is supposed to go on thru August----

hope this helps---currently fighting/perhaps lost the battle of my DD cold

I think they get to choose life or death---the Judge is final vote

I Jodi Arias the juries (both) couldn't decide together if she should die or LWOP---eventually it was ruled "mistrial" and the Judge sentenced her to LWOP--(since they couldn't decide on death )

There is a case going on in my State where they will be deciding life or death--(cop killer)-penalty phase is supposed to go on thru August----

hope this helps---currently fighting/perhaps lost the battle of my DD cold

Yes very helpful! I hope you feel better soon!

Are the Jurors reading the great American novel? Seems to go on forever

I wonder what JH thinks about when he's just sitting there. He doesn't move. He's like a statue.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Next #theatershooting witness: Frances Osterberg, asst dean at the University of Colorado graduate program
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Frances Osterberg is now on the stand. She's the Assistant Dean of the University for Grad school #theatershooting #TheaterTrial

-----------------------------------------------
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Osterberg is testifying about JH's application to CU's graduate program and his petition for in-state residency. #theatershooting

---------------------------------------------------------
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 51s52 seconds ago
New witness on the stand in #theatershooting - Fran Osterberg, Assistant Dean of UC graduate program. http://www.courtchatter.com/#!james-holmes-trial-stream-1/cmus …

------------------------------------
Hsing Tseng ‏@HsingTseng · 1m1 minute ago
On stand now: Frances Osterberg, assistant dean of CU's grad school. #TheaterShooting

Hsing Tseng ‏@HsingTseng · 41s42 seconds ago
Exhibits - Holmes' grad application, including transcript from UC Riverside, test scores, petition for in-state residency. #TheaterShooting

Osterberg: Most grad students do what Holmes did, apply for in-state residency to lower cost for themselves and school. #TheaterShooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 57s58 seconds ago
Now Osterberg is discussing JH's transcripts and grades at the University of Colorado. #theatershooting

Hsing Tseng ‏@HsingTseng · 32s33 seconds ago
Now on stand: Thomas Bennett Triska, deputy sheriff with Arapahoe County since 1995. #TheaterShooting

-------------------------------------------------------
Osterberg steps down. Next #theatershooting witness: Tom Triska of Arapahoe County sheriff's office. He helped transfer JH at one point

-------------------------------------
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 59s59 seconds ago
Triska transferred JH to court on Sept. 20, 2012, placed him in a holding cell. This is leading to introduction of video. #theatershooting

Ohhh this guy is testifying about cell video of his majesty while awaiting court appearance in Sept. 2012..last 15-20 minutes....Then will describe how he acted in courtroom...Any bets he'll act totally normal..then once inside courtroom no doubt has that stone faced staring look we've come so use to??

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 1m1 minute ago
#TheaterShooting case: We’re about to see video of gunman in cell. Judge said it could have big impact on jury http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live

-----------------------------------------
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 57s57 seconds ago
There's a DVD. JH was in a cell for 2 hours but DVD holds last 10-15 min before entering courtroom #theatershooting #TheaterTrial

----------------------------------------------
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 45s45 seconds ago
Defendant was shackled in holding cell. Deputies checked every 15-30 minutes. Door had glass door. Hard for him to see out.#theatershooting

-------------------------------------
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 45s45 seconds ago
Defendant was shackled in holding cell. Deputies checked every 15-30 minutes. Door had glass door. Hard for him to see out.#theatershooting

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
JH was in holding cell while waiting to appear in court for 2-3 hours. #theatershooting

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago
We're going to see a video of the last 15-20 of JH in that holding cell right before he was going to go into court. #theatershooting

--------------------------------------
The Gold Patrol ® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 47s47 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Tom Triska is on the stand. He is an officer who helped JH transfer to court in 9/2012.

-------------------------
Pros to play 11-min video of JH in holding cell before he's pulled out for court. #TheaterShooting WATCH LIVE: http://link.kdvr.com/1eqromN

------------------------------------------------
Triska appears in jail cell video. He opens cell door telling JH to come out. Court admits video over defense objection. #theatershooting

---------------------------------------------------------------
Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 35s35 seconds ago
Video of the #theatershooting gunman in holding a cell at the court house is about to be played.
WATCH LIVE: http://bit.ly/theatertrial

-Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
There's no sound with video being shown now. About 11 minutes long. #theatershooting

-------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

Ohhhh this is reminding me about when Jodi A. was filmed in interrogation room..talking to herself..and doing headstands :facepalm:

Judge instructs jurors that video is to be considered for limited purpose of deciding defendant's sanity. #theatershooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange